FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador Experiences 2021
Old Oct 29, 2021, 3:19 am
Mister D

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IC RA, Hilton Gold etc
IC Barcelona

IC Barcelona

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Quite happy . However the communication from the reservation department was quite challenging (no names of the sender provided/delayed replies). As the hotel was not ready early Oct I was walked away to another hotel on quite a short notice. At my second attempt end of Oct hotel was operational (but not fully yet) - Room upgrade was not good.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

I booked Classic room and received the classic room with the sofa bed (guaranteed)
Room upgrade was not great. I was told that I received the guaranteed sofa bed (for my kids) in the Classic room and that they have only a few rooms with sofa bed.
My room was on the lowest floor. I was told renovation work for the suites were not completed yet. Higher floor rooms with king bed and sofa(bed) were also not available. Also no roll-away beds available at the hotel which I find a bit strange
Classic room had a quite good size. I doubt you'll find such a big size at that category at other hotels in barcelona.

How are the rooms?
The room was ok- all the Classic Premium and Club rooms are similar (besides corner rooms) - the only difference I was told is that the club rooms are on the higher floors followed by the Premium and the Classic on the lowest floor. The hotel rooms are only up to the 6th floors

How is the exec. lounge?

Exec lounge is on the attrium level (between ground and 2nd)- was not opened. I was told due to renovation works. I personally had the feeling that they did not want to open the lounge just for a few Club guests.
The Club InterContinental experience was be provided in the Boira Coffee Lounge on the ground floor which was quite good. You could pick from a 'menue' which was quite good. Drinks were also provided (inclusive of Champagne) during the day.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, 2 bottle of water (Vichy Catalan and Font D'or) and some good chocolate and caramelized nuts

How was the minibar?
The minibar had some nice snacks, basics soft drinks, 1 beer and red/white wine. No sparkling wine/Cava unfortunately. There were also some good range of liquors
The minibar was not refilled on the next day. I would had to phone the housekeeping but I didn't mind so I left it as it was.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Staff is really great - they going the extra mile.
Nice roof top bar/restaurant - great food and good drinks
Best cocktails I had since months

-Bad
Communication with the reservation department
  • As the hotel was not opened yet early Oct I was walked away to another hotel on a short notice- communication should have been much earlier
  • No names of the sender was stated in their emails. I was communicating to different staff members (you could spot this by the way the way writing the responses in English) which was a bit annoying
Room upgrade for RA

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Booked cheapest advance rate with a bit below 300€ not that cheap

Would you return?
Yes but I might also give the Kimpton Vividora a try next time

bar

Hallway to the rooms

Classic room

bath room

mini bar

Club lunge entrance (closed)

Interim Club area