Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center Master Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center Master Thread

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s largest hotel companies, has signed a franchise agreement with Hotel Fira S.A.U to open its first Crowne Plaza in Barcelona—Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center. The hotel will open during the first quarter this year.

Revealing 3,000 square meters of meeting space, the hotel will have the largest conference and meeting facilities across the entire portfolio of Crowne Plaza properties in Europe.

It will be converted from an existing building to a 276 room hotel complete with a new wellness center, a fitness room, and a VIP club lounge.

The hotel is less than 100 meters away from the Fira Barcelona Convention Center next to Plaza Espana Square, one of Barcelona’s most renowned public spaces.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pictures of the hotel
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
New Crowne Plaza in Barcelona? (Was Fira Palace)

* Has anyone stayed here yet? I plan to stay here in April.

Barcelona’s Hotel Fira Palace will become Crowne Plaza Barcelona-Fira Center

Next February 19 the Hotel Fira Palace**** in Barcelona will change its name to Crowne Plaza Barcelona – Fira Center as a result of the alliance with the InterContinental Hotels Group.

Located in the Rius de Taulet Street, 1-3, in the neighbourhood of Sants-Montjuďc, this hotel is popular because of its proximity to the Fira de Barcelona, which is one of the main forum centers in the city and surroundings.

The Crowne Plaza Barcelona – Fira Center has not only changed its name, but it has also been refurbished. Now it has 3,000m of space for congresses and conferences, 276 rooms and also a new gym and wellness centre. Comfort and technology have been the most important points in the reshuffle of the hotel.
The new Crowne Plaza Barcelona – Fira Center, located next to the popular Plaça Espanya and the new commercial center Las Arenas, will be available for clients on the 19th of February.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
This is excellent news! Finally an IHG property in convenient location (for me) in this city. Will try on my next trip to Barcelona but that might be first in May.

I, too, would be glad to hear if someone has stayed / will stay here.

E: It now says bookable from March 1, 2014 onwards.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
That sounds nice. I attended a conference there in May 2013 and I liked that hotel.
Old May 24, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
I really enjoyed my three nights at this Crowne Plaza in Barcelona. It's a business hotel but it's lovely, luxurious and very quiet. While it's not right in the thick of things there are plenty of attractions nearby, like the Magic Fountain that I discovered my first night on a stroll. Also, the Hop On Hop Off tour bus stops are a couple of blocks away. I'm planning to do a hotel report with photos once I figure out the format for doing that here.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, QF Plat, Marriot/SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
I really enjoyed my three nights at this Crowne Plaza in Barcelona. It's a business hotel but it's lovely, luxurious and very quiet. While it's not right in the thick of things there are plenty of attractions nearby, like the Magic Fountain that I discovered my first night on a stroll. Also, the Hop On Hop Off tour bus stops are a couple of blocks away. I'm planning to do a hotel report with photos once I figure out the format for doing that here.
Looking forward to your report. I just booked a 5 night reward stay next March at 30K per night. Thought it was a great value over Easter and it looks like it would be a great neighborhood to be able to get to a bunch of places in the city.

Really surprised there wasn't an IC in Barcelona and there isn't a lot of IHG options either. Really hoping and expecting a lot out of this CP, but there isn't a whole lot of reviews or info out there for it.

Mike
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:43 am
cvr

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum & Priority Club Platinum
We stayed here over the weekend and had a pleasant experience. Upgraded to a Clubroom (had to ask) which was a nice and large room. Felt new with a good bed, large telly and a fine bathroom. Defenitely recommendable!

Only downside was the staff. Reception wasn't really friendly, other people were jumping the queue and nobody said a word plus zero recognition of the platinum status. It was as if he remembered his training half way during the check in, he than started the standard "thank you for being a platinum member" etc story. He granted the upgrade so that's cool though club lounge access cost a nice 30 Euro's per person per day which is a rip off imho. Cleaning staff was very noisy in the hallway and rooms next to us which is not really pleasant at 8.30 on Sunday morning.

Final verdict: nice hotel, great rooms, good location, staff needs training

Last edited by cvr; Jun 23, 2014 at 6:10 am
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Is the lounge any good? Do they have gin?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Is the lounge any good? Do they have gin?
The Lounge is great. They even had Moet as Champagne... prette decent just for a lounge.

Can't remember the gin though... might have been Bombay or something better.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Sorry to bump this up. Those who received an upgrade to the club room, did you also receive complimentary lounge access? Or was this a room only upgrade and lounge access had to be paid for? Have an upcoming stay at this hotel, so would appreciate this information. Cheers
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Sorry to bump this up. Those who received an upgrade to the club room, did you also receive complimentary lounge access? Or was this a room only upgrade and lounge access had to be paid for? Have an upcoming stay at this hotel, so would appreciate this information. Cheers
I had a stay from August 3-10 as Platinum member I got absolutely nothing, no upgrade , no welcome drink, no Lounge Access, nada, by the way I paid about 130 Euros a night and booked 2 Monthes ahead.
The Hotel itself is nice but no Pool, and I will not come back because of the leak of Platinum recognitzon.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Hi, thanks for your input. I just completed my stay at the hotel and had completely different experience regarding elite recognition. I received automatic upgrade to club room incl. complimentary club access. And this was a stay on points.

I posted my stay in the elite experience thread so will not repeat here. Anyone interested can do a quick search in that thread.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23638776-post819.html
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
The Hotel itself is nice but no Pool
Strangely the hotel advertises a lap pool on the IHG web site
http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotel...#photo-gallery

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.