FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Ambassador Experience Thread 2022
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:46 am
GordonMacPherson

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
IC Barcelona

IC Barcelona

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Twin Classic thru virtuoso, received Twin 1 Bedroom Suite Skyline View (or so I believe, there's a balcony)

How are the rooms?
Nice and spacieous with proper AC. However it feels like they left a few things from the CP era (The AC inlet and the shower stand looks used given that the hotel's only been 9 months old)

How is the exec. lounge?
Lounge open 0630 to 2300. Drinks alcoholic or not plus light snacks available all day (How about Veuve for breakfast? Lasting till 2300. They dont mind opening a bottle at like 9pm either).
Re Food - ham/salmon sandwiches for tea; 2 kinds of croquette, above sarnie options, ham and cheese selection, a cold soup, and mixed fruits for HH. Fruits, Biscuits and crisps around the clock. Definately not a lot of options for HH but you can defo save ur ham order at dinner.

Breakfast available both in lounge and restaurant. Main restaurant buffet style. many hot and cold options plus made to order eggs. Coffee is better in the lounge. Lounge breakfast covers most stuff anyways (smoked cod is one that i remember ISNT in the lounge but that's about it IIRC) but usually much calmer. Coffee nespresso also better. Maybe less pastry options in lounge but I'm not 100% sure cuz they arent my thing.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
water (Vichy Catalan and Font D'or) and fruit plate

How was the minibar?
beers, one 350 ml bottle of white wine, juices, sodas, gin, whiskey, rum, vodka - had housekeeping replenish some stuff mid-stay.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Very helpful staff (housekeeping and lounge both) drinks (water, coffee and alcohol) available in lounge all day. Lounge staff remembers your drink choices.
Nice roof top pool with amazing views.
Shower pressure is very good. AC is best I've had in Europe.

-Bad
Soap rack (since they use large bottles of Bal d'Afrique) fell off twice during stay. First time i didnt say much about it; second time I've emailed the hotel since it happened the night before checking out. Still waiting for outcome since I have last replied Friday evening. Other than this and the seemingly old stuff in the room mentioned above, all seems good. Also, bathtub does not seem as modern as the rest of the room is (plus sealing is a bit over the place for the bathtub). Shower pressure is very good tho

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes. There was also a buy 2 get 3rd night free promo + 100USD hotel credit. 700EUR for 3 nights inc 1 dinner cant be beaten.

Would you return?
Yes