Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...cp/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Placa dEspanya

Older post of this hotel:
Pre-Opening Thread

This is the former Crowne Plaza, which has had its own master thread, (now closed)

Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2021 by Mister D
October 2021 by Nicolas75
January 2022 by Nicolas 75
April 22 by VaBeachGirl
June 22 by boekel
June 22 by GordonMacPherson
July 22 by Nicolas 75
August 22 by Nicolas 75
August 22 by boekel
November 22 by stimpy

Ambassador Experiences
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Barcelona Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Great to see Veuve is back. Thanks for flagging HadesNL

Just booked 4 nights. Sad Bruno will not be there but we will cope!

The welcome gifts at this place are bad… as in sweet and irresistible. The biscuits at ICPL I can pass. The delicious fruit at PLG is great but I never open the tin of sweet stuff. BCN is another matter, those choc almonds were gone in 10 mins.
HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 12:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Although i would have humbly accept all praise,
The good news of VC
goes however to the everknowledgable nicolas75
(and my friendly rival in detailed photography)
whom so kindly enlightened us with the latest updates
DonPedro likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by Atacama40

And I forgot to tell and I should have added this to the RA Soft Toy thread ....but .... wait for it .....
there's a new ICPL Bear. It's a slightly larger one than the old ones and get this, .... he's wearing a business suit! ....Photos to follow
And let me personally thank you for help with the IC PL bear, it looks very similair to Paddy the doorman, also adorable,
i'll post a photo in the relevant thread Intercontinental Stuffed Animals
Old Sep 9, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Although i would have humbly accept all praise,
The good news of VC
goes however to the everknowledgable nicolas75
(and my friendly rival in detailed photography)
whom so kindly enlightened us with the latest updates
I will say it is a joint effort. nicolas75 provided the details information haystack and you, HadesNL , spotted the golden (orange) needle of Veuve. Thanks to you both as usual.
nicolas75, HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
We have just spent the weekend here, and I can echo all the positive thoughts above. The rooftop bar/ restaurant and pool are a lovely place to while away a few hours

Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
nicolas75, HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
To those who have been to both - Barcelona or Paris for the intercontinental?

This is for a Christmas period stay.

Want a lounge as I suspect that we will not be spending hours walking the streets if cold.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
To those who have been to both - Barcelona or Paris for the intercontinental?

This is for a Christmas period stay.

Want a lounge as I suspect that we will not be spending hours walking the streets if cold.
ICPLG is a lovely place but you know what? based on 2023 service levels, ICBCN I would bunker down in over the festive period without any concerns.

Not been on travels anywhere near as much this year but done a couple of 3-4 day stays at both and whilst ICBCN lacks a little of the grandeur, it absolutely has service at the highest level. And fortunately this applies specifically to club lounge but pretty much all areas across the board .... breakfast service, dining outlets, spa (with the exception of quite a few loose tiles in the pool) front door team, and concierge.

There has been a small amount of staff rotation in CL, Newer staff are adjusting and growing into the roll but whilst good are not (yet) so fast moving as the CL manager who to say is dynamic would be an understatement. She will run that place (or another IC within the next 4 years mark my words) . ICBCN is not so prestigious as some IC's ... I guess it's still relatively new. But it beats many of the old high profile location hands down. Including Berlin, Park Lane, PLG, etc.

As Hades mentioned some time back, there is quite an amount of cruise ship occupancy, and conference season seems be lasting well into the end of Summer frame at the Fira which definitely impacts the hotel. But not in a bad way and traffic in club lounge seems not so impacted.

In your position (and I sort of which I was) ... it would be ICBCN for me.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Impressive !
nicolas75
Thank you for your extensive documentation,
i see
​​​​​​Atacama40
left it all in good shape for you and tickled IC BCN to do that bit extra for RA this summer
- i see a Green Chocolate box (mine was purple) welcome amenity
- the beach bag (i want one of those)
- using the montjuic terrace as shaded area to eat/drink when 173 rooftop is schorching hot of the summer
- suncream and things : pretty nifty!

And very nice to finally see you a Quirat,
Hope you a great meal sampling those Catalan delicacies

Solo olive oil is like toots amazballs !

Would love to have a second chance for drinks
but unfortunatly i sear in the summer sun like an ahi-tuna aka tuna tataki
Hades, I have your ICBCN beach bag for you. PM me your address and it will be on it's way to you asap.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Atacama40
ICPLG is a lovely place but you know what? based on 2023 service levels, ICBCN I would bunker down in over the festive period without any concerns.

Not been on travels anywhere near as much this year but done a couple of 3-4 day stays at both and whilst ICBCN lacks a little of the grandeur, it absolutely has service at the highest level. And fortunately this applies specifically to club lounge but pretty much all areas across the board .... breakfast service, dining outlets, spa (with the exception of quite a few loose tiles in the pool) front door team, and concierge.

There has been a small amount of staff rotation in CL, Newer staff are adjusting and growing into the roll but whilst good are not (yet) so fast moving as the CL manager who to say is dynamic would be an understatement. She will run that place (or another IC within the next 4 years mark my words) . ICBCN is not so prestigious as some IC's ... I guess it's still relatively new. But it beats many of the old high profile location hands down. Including Berlin, Park Lane, PLG, etc.

As Hades mentioned some time back, there is quite an amount of cruise ship occupancy, and conference season seems be lasting well into the end of Summer frame at the Fira which definitely impacts the hotel. But not in a bad way and traffic in club lounge seems not so impacted.

In your position (and I sort of which I was) ... it would be ICBCN for me.
Thanks.

I emailed Barcelona and Edinburgh and Paris. Only Paris replied.

But I will have another look at Barcelona.

I will look up thread to see if there is any information on the lounge and what to expect etc. Having champagne most of the day is attractive haha!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks.

I emailed Barcelona and Edinburgh and Paris. Only Paris replied.

But I will have another look at Barcelona.

I will look up thread to see if there is any information on the lounge and what to expect etc. Having champagne most of the day is attractive haha!
Surprised, they are usually very responsive. In fairness Edinburgh as well. Try the email [email protected].

Elizabeth is usually super responsive. In fairness concierge and FOM also are as well. Both cities are vibrant at Christmas and Edinburgh in nuts on New Year.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The choice of hotel or rather city may also depend on what weather one is after. Barcelona should certainly be balmier than Paris or Edinburgh. Christmas spirit may feeling may be more dominant in Paris or Edinburgh on the other hand. YMMV.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Thank you for your photo impressions of this hotel. Great to see so many details. Can you remember if the buffet in the restaurant and lounge offered vegetarian/vegan options?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:35 am

Datapoint regarding upgrades - Diamond Ambassador booked this last weekend into Classic King Club Room and was upgraded to Classic King Club Room (City View) on the sixth floor. In other words the exact same room as base-level club access but with a view out over the rooftops and with the Sagrada Familia peeping out from behind the adjoining building…
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Thats disappointing!
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Markco
In other words the exact same room as base-level club access but with a view out over the rooftops
Was is a paid or rewards stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.