FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Ambassador Experience Thread 2022
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:23 am
boekel

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
IC Barcelona

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Classic Room/standard, received 1 King Suite Street View on 2th Floor. My last stay there, was when the hotel was a Crowne Plaza and I had exactly the same suite

How are the rooms?
Nicely redone with a tasteful color palet. Not sure if the couch has been replaced as on most pictures of the hotel I see a blue couch and the couch in this room is still grey. Bathroom hasn't changed at all. It is completely white and feels a bit sterile / hospital like. But very functional and well appointed

How is the exec. lounge?
It's open from 6.30 to 11pm, breakfast is served there as well and it is much more intimate than the main restaurant. Very nice spread and good quality products. Cooked to order eggs were available on request. As I was the only guest in the morning I had all for myself
Afternoon tea is served from 3-5, which I didn't see and from 5-7 some tapas are served. However as mentioned in the property thread it is not extensive at all and I'd say also less than at CP times. There were some cold cuts and two type of croquettes. Doesn't serve as a dinner, but definitely as a placeholder. Dinner in Spain usually doesn't start before 9, while restaurants open around 8. In my opinion the club offerings are not on par with other clubs in Europe as Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Vienna

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Bottles of water, almonds and a tin of chocolates

How was the minibar?
Fully stocked various kinds of sodas, juices etc, gin, whisky, wodka. Very happy with the content

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Very friendly and helpful staff
The breakfast buffet was great
nice and tasteful renovation

-Bad
Nada

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes!