Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
chris - a result:

With regard to your concern, I am pleased to confirm that we have arranged for another 370 points to be credited to your Barclaycard account.

I would like to explain you that the issue is that a small number of hotel transactions will pass through our system using a standard code that relates to Hotel transactions rather than the IHG and in turn earning the bonus points, this is an issue that we are aware off but at this time I can not advise when a fix will be delivered, but we are exploring all possible resolutions.

plus £20. So I presume I have to keep an eye on my statements and complain every month?!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:51 pm

It does not surprise me at all that there are still issues. Tbh I would actually go as far as say that they are making no efforts at all to acquire these codes or whatever they are and that they are leaving us to do it for them.

It surely cannot be that difficult. IHG give them a list of all the hotels and they check that they have that hotels code and then ask IHG to get the information from the hotel. I know there are a lot of hotels but at the very least the UK ones should be sourced as a matter of priority.

The fact they are adding the points without much resistance and are dolling out £20 notes says it all. After the third month I had it I told them I wanted the annual fee refunded as I they were not managing the account properly. They didn't put up much resistance and I still got the free night at £10k! The £99 refund contributed towards the restaurant bill at IC PL when using the free night so I also got 400 points on top lol
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:01 am

My membership fee was taken and billed on the 5th January.

No sign of any extra points on my account yet, but reading some of the posts it doesn't appear 6 weeks is a long wait in the world of IHG!

I think I'll give them till the end of the month and then chase them via the best route.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

Paper statemens

I've been getting paper statements sent to me since the changeover as there were so many mistakes.

This months has just arrived today. Normally I just look at the transactions and make sure there is nothing irregular and I don't normally pay attention to the number of points as that is always viewable online when the statement is generated. However when having a quick look at it this evening I notice that there is now a breakdown of the points categories which is similar to what we see when it hits the IHG account.

This may have been going on for a while and I just haven't noticed so apologies if it is old news but if you want a breakdown before it hits your IHG account you may wish to change to paper statements - it is free to do.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by mister.c.
My membership fee was taken and billed on the 5th January.

No sign of any extra points on my account yet, but reading some of the posts it doesn't appear 6 weeks is a long wait in the world of IHG!

I think I'll give them till the end of the month and then chase them via the best route.
I received my 60,000 sign up bonus points in to my IHG account today along with the points from my first statement, but they didn't actually show up on my statement, just the regular points I had earned through spend.

The timeline for me was applied on February 1st, statement on around the 13th (which seemed pretty soon), platinum status on the 21st and points deposited on the 24th.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Points posted to the IHG account exactly a month after the last one. Maybe things are back to normal?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Points posted to the IHG account exactly a month after the last one. Maybe things are back to normal?
It looks like it was just Christmas messing things up. With the exception of last month my points have posted exactly one week after the statement was generated.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:52 am

I got my £60k credit card sign up on the 24th also, so approximately 7 weeks.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mister.c.
I got my £60k credit card sign up on the 24th also, so approximately 7 weeks.
Amazing offer!

Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Lime Street Liverpool on February 27. As I have not been credited with welcoming points for the 5 last stays I asked at reception for an old style voucher which Holiday Inn used to present to guests on arrival, asking did you want points or a free drink at the bar. Despite assurances from reception that the points would be credited immediately ( in direct contradiction to what I was told at Hoylake Holiday Inn - 7 to 10 days for points to appear and then of course they did not! ) I still persisted and got a voucher. I inputted the voucher number into my account and, Lo and Behold , 500 points appeared immediately on my new Platinum Account! I was unaware that I am now eligible for 500 points per visit - it is so long since IHG credited me with any points at all I assumed this offer had been withdrawn! Platinum members get 500 points I presume and Gold get 200?

If I, as a guest, can manage to credit these points, why is it beyond the wit of Holiday Inn staff to do the same?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:29 pm

UK VISA problems

I've been having problems with my UK VISA card, run by Barclaycard, since last October. Points are awarded at 1 Priority Club point per £1 spent or 2 points per £1 at any IHG property. The double points, listed as bonus points on my VISA statement, are never awarded though used to be pre. October, so I have to e-mail them to get points added retrospectively. Since October I have spoken to 4 staff and have had about 20 e-mails. The last colleague said he couldn't guarantee that this wouldn't always occur.
This month I am 61 points short, not worth much, but here we go again....
Is anybody else having similar problems?
Are you all checking that you are awarded correct bonus points?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:24 pm

Hi

It's widely discussed here and is an ongoing issue that keeps occurring.

Basically the FAD codes or whatever they are called on the PDQs are all wrong and barclaycard have no idea which merchants are IHG hotels, they also don't appear to be making much effort to sort it either unfortunately.

It took a letter to the CEO to get my account sorted out, if you are getting nowhere fast with them it may be worthwhile going down that route. They also refunded my annual fee (Without much argument) when I pointed out that they were not doing what I paid for.

It would probably be worthwhile changing the name of the existing thread now as the card isn't called 'Black' anymore and PCR has also gone. It would make it much easier when searching for info about the card. I'll pm FLYGVA and ask if it can be done.

Last edited by chrism20; Mar 3, 2015 at 3:15 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:44 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by chrism20
(...)

It would probably be worthwhile changing the name of the existing thread now as the card isn't called 'Black' anymore and PCR has also gone. It would make it much easier when searching for info about the card. I'll pm FLYGVA and ask if it can be done.
Done

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:31 am

I have got platinum status already within 2 weeks of getting the card!
How long do the 60K points normally take to credit?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
I have got platinum status already within 2 weeks of getting the card!
How long do the 60K points normally take to credit?
Mine took a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.