Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by igc324
Hi chrism20 I have phoned the hotel - using saynoto0870 website :-) - and they have changed the credit card number for payment of both reservations. But apparently the old credit card number will STILL be on my IHG account. I wonder if I make a further reservation will I be finally allowed now to change it? This seems a complete rigmarole, especially as I STILL have an IHG visa, albeit an upgraded one.
Have you tried changing it in billing preferences? It should at least let you add an additional card even if it wont let you remove the existing one - not sure why it wont let you do that tbh.

Glad you managed to get the reservation sorted with the hotel.

Oh and welcome to FT
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by chrism20
Have you tried changing it in billing preferences? It should at least let you add an additional card even if it wont let you remove the existing one - not sure why it wont let you do that tbh.

Glad you managed to get the reservation sorted with the hotel.

Oh and welcome to FT
Success! I have changed the credit card details online, so my stays in Jan & Feb with attract double the points.

Thanks chrism20 - its a good forum.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by metal212
I have just checked my IHG account (first time this year) and the only points listed are for hotel stays. There are no postings of credit card points at all, all history of past credit card points are missing.

Has anyone else come across this?
I have the same problem!

On the Account Activity 180 days history the only points listed are for hotel stays and there are NO credit card points. This is very strange.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by igc324
I have the same problem!

On the Account Activity 180 days history the only points listed are for hotel stays and there are NO credit card points. This is very strange.
Yes I've just had a look and mine is the same, however when I change the view ten transactions to thirty everything reappears. Looks like it is just a blip in the system somewhere.

I also have 1000 IHG Rwds Club Bonus Points added on Friday that are showing as having been added to my account on Thursday on the app, however they are not showing at all online and I haven't a clue what they are for.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:39 pm

Yes I've just had a look and mine is the same, however when I change the view ten transactions to thirty everything reappears. Looks like it is just a blip in the system somewhere.

I also have 1000 IHG Rwds Club Bonus Points added on Friday that are showing as having been added to my account on Thursday on the app, however they are not showing at all online and I haven't a clue what they are for.
I tried that! I too changed from view 10 to view 30 transactions and there are still only points for stays showing. Where the hell are my credit card points for the last umpteen months?

EDIT - I have printed off the Activity for the last 180 days - it states "1 - 13 of 29 items" but there are only, erm, 13 items... where the hell are the other 16? Really is beyond belief.

Last edited by igc324; Jan 18, 2015 at 12:53 pm Reason: addition
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Thank you, ladies and gents, for flagging this for me.

I have the paid IHG Visa (4 points/£), and have just gone to check how many points have been posted to my IHG account over the last 180 days.

Zilch, nada, B***er All
Only the paid hotel stays, as for igc324 above.

Now bearing in mind that I am trying to hit the £10K spend for another reason, and put a longhaul business seat at £6k on the card to make sure I have manufactured plenty of spend I am a little annoyed.

Barclaycard has a message waiting for them when they show up at work tomorrow.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Push them hard, antichef - raise it as a formal complaint and you'll be sure to get some decent compo out of them! Their IT and general systems processing are truly atrocious!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Push them hard, antichef - raise it as a formal complaint and you'll be sure to get some decent compo out of them! Their IT and general systems processing are truly atrocious!
Mine have also disappeared now. They were there a couple of hours ago so who knows. The screen does however look different in someway I'm not sure what.

The good news is all the CC points have not come off my balance, only the statement by the looks of it.

On this occasion I'm not sure it's Barclays, for all their faults this time I think it is IHG who have a gremlin. But yes push em hard anyway and ask them about the tracker at the same time that response is always worth a laugh.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:44 pm

On this occasion I'm not sure it's Barclays, for all their faults this time I think it is IHG who have a gremlin. But yes push em hard anyway and ask them about the tracker at the same time that response is always worth a laugh.
Ah - superb IHG IT competing with Barclays (and Hilton) Agree re. the tracker, always fun to raise that issue!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:59 pm

Ah - superb IHG IT competing with Barclays (and Hilton) Agree re. the tracker, always fun to raise that issue!
Yes the response is always worth a giggle. I can't even send them a message anymore as all my correspondence has to go through the Executive Office at Teesside - something to do with their agents giving me contradicting information on the phone and me doing a subject access for the transcripts and them having to pay me £300 might have something to do with it

One of these days when I am down in Teesside with work I should pop into Barclaycard house and ask my contact face to face and she will see how far her canned response goes then. I'd need to wear a pinhole camera though when doing the visit as it would be comedy gold.

Talking of IT issues is anyone else having issues with the Barclaycard iPhone app? I never seem to be able to access it using 3G or 4G. Wifi is fine but otherwise I have to use the mobile site. It only seems to be since their last update.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:02 pm

Haha I'd pay money to watch that, chrism20

They're not alone though - just had £50 from Post Office for terrible handling of account locking (they managed to only partially unlock it causing the repeat transaction to also fail - all happening whilst in NZ and Singapore!)
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:11 pm

Just for clarification, no points have ever made my IHG account from Barclaycard. The online Barclaycard page shows that points were "awarded".

Can you tell me what the "tracker" is? Just so I can join the fun
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:16 pm

Haha I'd pay money to watch that, chrism20

They're not alone though - just had £50 from Post Office for terrible handling of account locking (they managed to only partially unlock it causing the repeat transaction to also fail - all happening whilst in NZ and Singapore!)
Oh it would be fun.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I have a Marketing Manager from a group of IHG properties calling me next regarding a series of complaints that have been rumbling on since August last year. I thought it was settled but clearly not.

I'll drop IHG a message and ask about the missing data from the statements as I also have to ask about this 1000 points which have appeared in my account. I have no idea what they are about.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by antichef
Just for clarification, no points have ever made my IHG account from Barclaycard. The online Barclaycard page shows that points were "awarded".

Can you tell me what the "tracker" is? Just so I can join the fun
If the points have never made it to IHG that is definitely Barclaycard - regardless of what they say. You will probably find that they haven't entered your IHG nunber and they have set you up with a second account. If they have done that THEY should be able to fix that with IHG. If they tell you otherwise tell them it's their problem and they have to fix it.

The tracker? Before the system moved onto Barclaycard proper there was a nice little tracker on the account oage online that told you how near you were to hitting the £10k spend target. When they moved onto Barclaycard proper they decided that we didn't need things like that anymore. They then tell you to contact IHG half the time when you ask how near you are to hitting it and IHG can't tell you and refer you back to Barclaycard.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:01 pm

Thanks ^

Understood. I remember the spend progress bar, but didnt realise that was what you meant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.