Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Interesting update received from IHG today - kinda goes against Barclays saying IHG were responsible for posting the points...

Originally Posted by IHG Rewards Club
Greetings from IHG Rewards Club!

We have received an update from Barclay regarding the August promotion bonus discrepancy.

Please be advised that as per Barclay they are still validating some files and hope to have it across to IHG as soon as possible.

As such, please allow more time for your points to post as it will post soon to your account. You may also contact Barclay directly to follow up on your double points as the points will be coming from them. Please note that IHG is just the receiving end of your points.

Thank you for your understanding and patience on this matter.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Interesting update received from IHG today - kinda goes against Barclays saying IHG were responsible for posting the points...
Absolutely nothing surprises me with this card anymore.

I still haven't heard back from them yet, they have until midday on Friday and then it's cabaret time
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
My extra points credited my account last week.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Free card now available online, paid card is advertised but still says 'coming soon'.

In any event, I would hold off getting one for a bit. There used to be a link promoted in hotel receptions which gave a higher sign-up bonus and I imagine it might come back.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:47 am

Thanks Raffles, just noticed the same myself. I was keen to get the paid one as had a number of stays earlier this month, but now really nothing until December. Might just keep waiting...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:49 pm

Update

Just a quick update on my latest phonecall with Barclaycard today.

The promised phone call last week did not transpire so I contacted them. I was advised that I would be called Thursday morning, it came and went. So I messaged them on facebook and was advised that someone would call me within thirty minutes, that also came and went.

I did eventually get someone on the phone late in the afternoon however, apparently there was a delay in contacting me as they were waiting for information from Teesside.

Apparently the points that were missing from my statement a few months ago will be added on the next statement run. Never one to miss a chance I pushed the issue again of no tracking facility, no way of knowing what points are adding etc until it shows onto my IHG account etc. They either cannot or will not answer the question as apparently the person I spoke with had not been provided with this information.

The person I spoke with also stated that there were a number of customers who still had not received their double points from August and that they had now identified the issues and this would be sorted soon. So if you are still waiting on your points from the double points promotion you should have them soon.

They are calling me back on Monday to discuss how they can restore my faith in Barclaycard - this will not be a cheap call! I will of course continue to push the issue and tell them I want someone from Teeside on the phone.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:18 pm

Tracker is apparently on the way

I have finally resolved my many complaints with Barclaycard.

Speaking with a manager in their Customer Relationship Unit today they mentioned that the latest statistics for complaints covering the last three months have just landed. This coincides with the relaunch of the card and apparently the complaints regarding the IHG card account for a large chunk of these. They also mentioned that the number of secure messages that are being received requesting this information is high.

They have acknowledged that it is an issue that the spend does not track online and that the way the points accrued online are detailed is not ideal whilst they also advised that someone is looking into a fix for the system which will hopefully be rolled out with the next system update which will be before the end of the year.

I had more issues with my account along with the ones everyone has had, however they have acknowledged that things may have been handled better. I'm more than happy with the level of compensation that was agreed, if you have a complaint with them my advice is to pursue it and tell them exactly what you expect them to do.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:52 am

Points still not adding correctly

Last months points have just posted to my IHG account this morning and they are incorrect again.

From sifting through the statement and adding up all the transactions the difference in points can be narrowed down to the exact amount I spent at Indigo Newcastle, anyone who has stayed here in the last few months may wish to check their points are correct.

I have told Barclays I want the points adding along with an additional 5,000 for my inconvenience. Their last gaffe with me spiralled and cost them 100k in points so it would be advisable to fix it pronto.

EDIT 30th October - Barclays are now trying to say Hotel Indigo is not an IHG hotel. I'm off to find a brick wall to bang my head off.

Last edited by chrism20; Oct 30, 2014 at 2:52 am
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:36 am

Black is back

Raffles is reporting on his site this morning that the black/premium card is back.

If you are interested in applying the information is now on the Barclaycard website. He suggests anyone interested to wait a while as there may be a better sign up bonus coming up as previously there was an option for a higher sign up bonus which may appear.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
IMO not worth it at the moment, sign-up bonus while decent could be better, there were in hotel sign-up bonuses if I recall so maybe wait?

I'll personally skip it as Ambassador status hands me Plat anyway so £99/yr for 2 points per £1 is ugh
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
IMO not worth it at the moment, sign-up bonus while decent could be better, there were in hotel sign-up bonuses if I recall so maybe wait?

I'll personally skip it as Ambassador status hands me Plat anyway so £99/yr for 2 points per £1 is ugh
Doesn't AMB just give you Gold? RA's get Plat.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Doesn't AMB just give you Gold? RA's get Plat.
Definitely only gold with AMB.

Only IHG® Rewards Club members may purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who have not achieved Gold Elite status will be automatically upgraded to the Gold Elite membership level. A non IHG® Rewards Club member who purchases InterContinental Ambassador status will automatically be enrolled in IHG® Rewards Club at the Gold Elite membership level.

Last edited by chrism20; Nov 5, 2014 at 5:50 am
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Free night award

Well almost a year on from a lengthy complaint to finally receive the free night I was entitled to it looks like I'm back in the same loop again.

My year end isn't until Dec 23rd however I reached the £10k threshold back in early October although still no certificate.

Barclaycard cannot help. They cannot even confirm that I have indeed met the minimum spend or how they normally advise IHG and IHG customer care state that they "may" review my account after the anniversary date and if they have received some sort of notification from Barclaycard they "may" consider a goodwill gesture however this is discretionary and not normally awarded to accounts who have received similar in the past.

I'm at my wits end with the level of service at both ends. Honestly I begin to wonder if they single out certain customers to treat like dirt
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Only IHG® Rewards Club members may purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who have not achieved Gold Elite status will be automatically upgraded to the Gold Elite membership level. A non IHG® Rewards Club member who purchases InterContinental Ambassador status will automatically be enrolled in IHG® Rewards Club at the Gold Elite membership level.

That's a little contradictory?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:23 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by scottish minnie
Well almost a year on from a lengthy complaint to finally receive the free night I was entitled to it looks like I'm back in the same loop again.

My year end isn't until Dec 23rd however I reached the £10k threshold back in early October although still no certificate.

Barclaycard cannot help. They cannot even confirm that I have indeed met the minimum spend or how they normally advise IHG and IHG customer care state that they "may" review my account after the anniversary date and if they have received some sort of notification from Barclaycard they "may" consider a goodwill gesture however this is discretionary and not normally awarded to accounts who have received similar in the past.

I'm at my wits end with the level of service at both ends. Honestly I begin to wonder if they single out certain customers to treat like dirt
I've sent you a PM that should help you if you want to kick butt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.