Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I have also emailed IHG requesting the bonus points, If I do not get a satisfactory answer I will have a word with work colleagues at Barclaycard to resolve it.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes, my concern too Chris. Have emailed IHG Care to investigate, although will keep pursuing Barclaycard too - especially given the points not being listed on a statement issue.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:47 pm

Here's their reply -
Originally Posted by IHG Care
Thank you for responding to IHGCare regarding your IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have alerted our partners at Barclay to investigate this matter further to ensure the proper bonus is applied. Once we have received more information we will be in contact with you again.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We appreciate your loyalty and patience while this is researched.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:01 am

Something has posted to my account this morning showing as Visa. My points for the last statement posted in the middle of the week so it could be the promo points, haven't had time to check the amounts yet though.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
Something has posted to my account this morning showing as Visa. My points for the last statement posted in the middle of the week so it could be the promo points, haven't had time to check the amounts yet though.
Mine too - I've not worked them out either but it looks like roughly the right amount. It doesn't exactly match my August statement points so looks like it had been worked out separately, just from August spend (my statement months don't quite match calendar months).

The original email about the promotion didn't contain terms, but if you clicked on the link in it to the IHG site the terms there said that the points would be given at the end of the promotional period, which would be the end of August. At least they seem to be here now!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:32 am

Yeah it's almost definitely that, I sat and worked it out on the train to work (There is nothing better to do on a train between Edinburgh & Newcastle on a Saturday morning other than look at people who are hungover). From my August transactions the points are out by 3 so I think it's safe to say that this is defo them.

Interestingly and I know it means nothing as we get plat anyway but I'm almost certain they have posted as qualifying, I also received a new IHG Plat card in the post on Thursday, my qualifying points passed the 60k mark sometime in July, it's got an expiry of end 2015 on it
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:23 am

Yes - some points posted here too but will need to refer to my printed statements when I get home to be able to work out if they've calculated them correctly thanks to the uselessness of their online system. Will continue my complaint as it covers more than these points.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:50 am

Oh I haven't finished with them yet for sure.

I'm still missing points from June's statement, mainly due to a couple of hotels PDQs saying something else and the system not picking up that it's an IHG hotel.

One of them is the new HI in Dumfries where it's came through as Aston Hotel (previous name) which is understandable as I was there only a few days after it switched, the other two though we're built and opened as HIX!

Their antics yesterday were a joke. That was the second time in eight weeks I've spent two hours on the phone to them. I've decided that I will be having a night at the IC Park Lane with heir compliments as compensation - and I will get it!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:04 am

go chrism20
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
go chrism20
Well I think it's the least they can do tbh, if they try and push their luck I'll go for two nights

I paid £10 and got the transcripts of the calls I've had with them so I have evidence of being told three wrong things by the same member of staff in five minutes - they were just guessing rather than checking.

Asking for a manager for forty minutes and getting told that there isn't one "In the building" then further down the same page someone comes on proclaiming to be a manager! Told that the person dealing with the complaint has looked at the complaint and that they are on a conference call, when pushing to speak with them they come on the phone and tell me they are on the phone to a customer and will "I haven't looked at your complaint yet but will do so tomorrow". It's priceless stuff!

Phone bills showing two calls of two hours each in duration.

A complaint that was closed and I was informed that another would be opened and hasn't been.

They have nowhere to hide. To be blunt they have slavoured utter tosh a fobbed me off continually since 11th July and we are at the end of the line.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 am

Nice evidence!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I reckon the double points posted to my IHG account today. I've had two new entries - Visa Base Spend and Visa Intnl Spend and the base spend number is exactly double what I spent in the month of August (i.e. not statement period). The international spend relates to the BA flight I booked and hence I've ended up with 8 points per £ on that.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes I think my double points have posted on 26 September.
Only a couple of thousands for me, but worth having.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Have barclaycard afforded us with a progress bar towards the 10k spend yet?

I can't see it
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Have barclaycard afforded us with a progress bar towards the 10k spend yet?

I can't see it
Unfortunately not, your progress towards a free night will be much quicker than their progress towards customer satisfaction.

In the meantime I can wholly recommend private messaging them daily for an update. It's not progress but at least it's keeping someone in a job if they have to reply to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.