Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by igc324
I am currently staying at a Holiday Inn, my first stay as a Platinum member. I have tried to search this site for topics regarding free wifi as I am sure there must be some, but the search facility is not working.

Is it correct that free wifi is not available in the room for platinum members? I find it extraordinary that Holiday Inn Express offers this, and not just for Platinum members, but not Holiday Inn. A call to reception resulted in apologies and a username/password offered but this is only for access to wifi in the lounge, coupons for which I had already been offered on check-in!

Holiday Inn's website just mentions "free internet access", it skates around whether that means in the room or in the lounge. Obviously staff here are none the wiser either! I am not sure why I am paying £99 a year for Platinum membership......

Still waiting for the promised call from the Duty Manager......
That is the first time I have ever heard that one.

Which hotel is it? No doubt someone here will have stayed there and might be able to answer for you.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by chrism20
That is the first time I have ever heard that one.

Which hotel is it? No doubt someone here will have stayed there and might be able to answer for you.
Holiday Inn Great Barr Birmingham. Reception offered to refund any wifi charges, as well as offering me a useless username and password; I pointed out there was no way I would have paid for room wifi in the first place.

The wifi log in page offers 3 log in options:
Conference Delegate
Lounge access

The Guest log in page demands credit card details for daily etc access.

Even if this hotel unbelevably charges Platinum Members for room wifi, I have to labour the point -Holiday Inn Great Barr Birmingham inform your staff!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:18 am

Holiday Inn Great Barr Birmingham. Reception offered to refund any wifi charges, as well as offering me a useless username and password; I pointed out there was no way I would have paid for room wifi in the first place.

The wifi log in page offers 3 log in options:
Conference Delegate
Lounge access

The Guest log in page demands credit card details for daily etc access.

Even if this hotel unbelevably charges Platinum Members for room wifi, I have to labour the point -Holiday Inn Great Barr Birmingham inform your staff!
Is that the M6 J7 one?

If so it is managed by Kew Green (Was directly managed by IHG until September last year) and wifi is definitely available to all IHG-RC members throughout the hotel, not just the lounge as per their guidelines.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:23 pm

Is that the M6 J7 one?

If so it is managed by Kew Green (Was directly managed by IHG until September last year) and wifi is definitely available to all IHG-RC members throughout the hotel, not just the lounge as per their guidelines.
Yes M6 J7. I see a Kew Green notice at reception. No call from the Duty Manager so an email methinks when I get home.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:37 pm

Yes M6 J7. I see a Kew Green notice at reception. No call from the Duty Manager so an email methinks when I get home.
Definitely worth following up, they should know the basics and to be fair Kew Green are one of the better large IHG franchise holders in the UK. Chardon was my favourite but tbh it's not as good since Maurice Taylor sold up to Interstate - it's still good but Taylor had the detail nailed.

I've sent you a PM by the way.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:48 am

Definitely worth following up, they should know the basics and to be fair Kew Green are one of the better large IHG franchise holders in the UK. Chardon was my favourite but tbh it's not as good since Maurice Taylor sold up to Interstate - it's still good but Taylor had the detail nailed.

I've sent you a PM by the way.
Thanks chrism20. Replied :-)
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
That's a bit of a weird one. All IHG hotels offer free wifi in the rooms as of last year, if memory serves correctly. And you don't even need to be an elite member - just enrolled to the program will get you a code.

Unless I'm missing something. Is it possible that their wifi is crap hotel-wide?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
That's a bit of a weird one. All IHG hotels offer free wifi in the rooms as of last year, if memory serves correctly. And you don't even need to be an elite member - just enrolled to the program will get you a code.

Unless I'm missing something. Is it possible that their wifi is crap hotel-wide?
I was not able to log in to find out! As I said before, there was no log in without a payment option. I cannot believe I am the first person to experience this anomaly at this hotel?!

BTW the free wifi in Holiday Inn Express Walsall was excellent. My wifi meter showed 15 MBPS so its not all bad. Just the individual hotels maybe...but I never got the chance to try it at Great Barr!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The Holiday Inn Heathrow took off the Internet charge without comment at check-out, although it was on the bill placed under my door. Meant I could have the Premium Internet without charge.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Markie
The Holiday Inn Heathrow took off the Internet charge without comment at check-out, although it was on the bill placed under my door. Meant I could have the Premium Internet without charge.
It has been confirmed by Kew Green that I should have had free wi-fi in my room. Why the staff do not explain this on check in is a mystery. A "Lounge Access" internet ticket does not indicate, to my mind, that I will be given free wifi in my room and any reasonable person would not even attempt to log in to it, except in the lounge!

I also don't expect to have to ask for a refund of wi-fi charges on my departure. This opaque system is clearly wrong.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Do they update the status to Platinum before or at the same time the pts are posted (or indeed the status gets updated because the pts are posted)?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Do they update the status to Platinum before or at the same time the pts are posted (or indeed the status gets updated because the pts are posted)?
Barclays have to tell the to change your status and by the looks of things they are only doing it once per month at the most so if you just miss one run you could wait another month and then it depends how quickly IHG act on the information from Barclays.

From what other people have said recently it's certainly not linked to the points crediting to your account.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Facebook would be next for me via pm. Nicola who usually responds is very good. The more you nip their head the more chance of them getting their backside in gear.

If you have had points post to your IHG account from the card it might even be worth contacting IHG although they will probably just refer you back to Barclaycard.

Persistence normally pays off with them though. Once they realise they can't baffle you with bull***t they normally get their act together.

And yes eight weeks is a joke considering they swipe the £99 straight off.
No luck through Facebook either
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by parklife
No luck through Facebook either
I haven't checked but what does it say in the T&Cs when applying. If there is no time stipulation there......

Have they added points to your account yet? If they have I'd be right back at them and telling them 'If you can get IHG to add points you can get them to update the status'

Personally I think that as soon as you have been cleared for the card and the fee is showing on your account they should be updating the status as this is in effect what you are paying for. I'd tell them they are not providing you with what they advertised and that you expect a retrospective refund or considering the hassle you have experienced you expect the fee to be waived. I think I'm starting to sound like John from Loyalty Lobby.

There is one option which will guarantee a response - Valerie Soranno Keating - CEO and known in the industry as the queen of cards.

Writing to Ms Soranno-Keating herself generally tends to provoke a response AND action.

Her email address can be found here and was working as recently as November.

Last edited by chrism20; Feb 3, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I haven't checked but what does it say in the T&Cs when applying. If there is no time stipulation there......

Have they added points to your account yet? If they have I'd be right back at them and telling them 'If you can get IHG to add points you can get them to update the status'

Personally I think that as soon as you have been cleared for the card and the fee is showing on your account they should be updating the status as this is in effect what you are paying for. I'd tell them they are not providing you with what they advertised and that you expect a retrospective refund or considering the hassle you have experienced you expect the fee to be waived. I think I'm starting to sound like John from Loyalty Lobby.

There is one option which will guarantee a response - Valerie Soranno Keating - CEO and known in the industry as the queen of cards.

Writing to Ms Soranno-Keating herself generally tends to provoke a response AND action.

Her email address can be found here and was working as recently as November.
Thanks....email sent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.