Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
We have just changed from the black card to the ordinary card just this last week.

Now when I log in it seems your balance and pending transactions are totalled together whereas before you could see your balance and there was a separate tab that showed your pending transactions.

I am not sure whether this is because we have changed cards or whether Barclaycard have amended their systems?

I see there is a slider there now for how much of your credit limit you have spent? So, if they can have a slider for that why can they not put back the slider for your annual spend?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:22 am

I've recently got the black card with the 60K bonus. Does anyone know how quickly the bonus will appear? I've had my first statement and it's nowhere to be seen, only the points from spending.

Does it come from the Braclaycard side, ie will it appear in my statement to be transferred over with the points from spending, or does it magically appear in my IHG account?

At least my IHG account appears to be linked correctly with the card, I've already been upgraded to platinum ("RC Visa Platinum Upgrade" appears under Recent Activity on my account page).
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by c2lass
We have just changed from the black card to the ordinary card just this last week.

Now when I log in it seems your balance and pending transactions are totalled together whereas before you could see your balance and there was a separate tab that showed your pending transactions.
You don't see it like this?

Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
You don't see it like this?

Thanks for your reply. No, that is how it used to be. Now it is just lumped together? Just shows balance including pending transactions.

I cannot see why it would be different for both cards.

Sorry not sure how to do a screenshot.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Thanks for your reply. No, that is how it used to be. Now it is just lumped together? Just shows balance including pending transactions.

That is strange. Possibly because of the change from one card to the other? [and we are all here aware how 'great' the current online card management is].

I suppose you could raise an issue with their IT support desk?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:17 am

My colleague has went the other way to you and has went from the standard to premium card and apparently their account number hasn't changed so this may be the reason why you see it all lumped together as it is basically just a downgrade rather than a change of account.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Interestingly just gone through the downgrade from premium to standard and they've promised a pro-rata refund of the annual fee - wasn't expecting that from anyone apart from Amex!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by antichef
Thank you, ladies and gents, for flagging this for me.

I have the paid IHG Visa (4 points/£), and have just gone to check how many points have been posted to my IHG account over the last 180 days.

Zilch, nada, B***er All
Only the paid hotel stays, as for igc324 above.

Now bearing in mind that I am trying to hit the £10K spend for another reason, and put a longhaul business seat at £6k on the card to make sure I have manufactured plenty of spend I am a little annoyed.

Barclaycard has a message waiting for them when they show up at work tomorrow.
I sent a tweet to IHG complaining that I could not see any credit card points on my 180 day Activity, who in turn told me to email customer services. Within an hour, I had received a breakdown of the credit card points, but no explanation why they are not readily available online!

On cursory glance, it looks as if IHG has not given me double points on my hotel stays. I think another email is in the offing, but who will take responsibility? - Barclaycard or IHG? It seems from reading these posts that one blames the other ad infinitum
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
IMO Barclaycard - they're the ones sending the points across. I'd certainly take it up with them as you're more likely to get compensation out of them too!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
IMO Barclaycard - they're the ones sending the points across. I'd certainly take it up with them as you're more likely to get compensation out of them too!
Definitely Barclaycard and if you don't get anywhere within a few days let me know and I will look out the contact details for corporate complaints for you if you need them.

IHG replied to my message and said they could see everything at their end, however within the last couple of hours everything has reappeared on the online statement including the visa points.

With regard to the 1000 points that has appeared in my account apparently that is for completing the survey that was sent out mid November, I had forgotten all about it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by chrism20
Definitely Barclaycard and if you don't get anywhere within a few days let me know and I will look out the contact details for corporate complaints for you if you need them.

IHG replied to my message and said they could see everything at their end, however within the last couple of hours everything has reappeared on the online statement including the visa points.

With regard to the 1000 points that has appeared in my account apparently that is for completing the survey that was sent out mid November, I had forgotten all about it.
Thank you chrism20 for that. My points too have suddenly appeared on my account and, after a longer calculation of my own, I don't think I will be complaining ;-). Quite the reverse.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by igc324
Thank you chrism20 for that. My points too have suddenly appeared on my account and, after a longer calculation of my own, I don't think I will be complaining ;-). Quite the reverse.
Must be fine Barclaycard don't make errors
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:13 pm

( sorry if this has been asked previously ... )

How can those from 'the colonies' ( Australia for example ), obtain one of the cards ?

I've got a trip booked to London in May, and was interested in knowing if there was any type of 'temporary' card I may be able to manipulate for extra IHG points from my hotel stays etc.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 404
( sorry if this has been asked previously ... )

How can those from 'the colonies' ( Australia for example ), obtain one of the cards ?

I've got a trip booked to London in May, and was interested in knowing if there was any type of 'temporary' card I may be able to manipulate for extra IHG points from my hotel stays etc.
Without a UK address and credit history you'd have no chance of passing the criteria to get one.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Just received the premium card and got billed £99.00 for it. No sign of the points yet; I am not worried, but can I just check whether I will get the 60k points even if I had the old Black IHG Card a couple of years ago?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.