Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by DSA
Thank you for this suggestion. I filled in a brief message and received a call back within 24 hours, as was promised. The caller could see the problem, advised that the missing points would now be added, and also offered £10 as a gesture of goodwill.

Nevertheless, this is an acceptable resolution to my concern, and it is clear that Barclaycard have the power to make these type of points adjustments. Hopefully they will look to resolve the underlying problem ASAP so any future spend with IHG has the correct points credited. It would also be good if the front line telephone agents were able to sort this type of problem out.
Glad you managed to get it sorted out.

They are able to add points within twenty four hours as they have done it with me several times.

I wouldn't bank on all the problems being sorted anytime soon, they appear to have done nothing about it at all since the switchover.

Of course they have little incentive to sort it as the vast majority probably don't check their points transfers closely so it may actually be cheaper to add the points and "Goodwill" those who do notice which at the moment is what appears to be happening. That wouldn't even be such a bad thing if they did then contact these hotels and get their IDs sorted out.

I've got someone calling me tomorrow morning regarding the letter I received which should be fun.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
When booking a hotel, is anyone se still getting the 60k points offer. When I click through the link refers to a triple offer but the landing page is just the normal 20k points. Worth speaking to barclaycard to see if it's a targeted offer?
Old May 9, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I've had minimal spend put on this card, bundled with a couple IHG hotel stays. I've tried to add things up through the unclear and unhelpful online statements and it's all mostly there. I say 'mostly' because I've got a couple of minor discrepancies totalling 50-100 points extra.

Unless I've completely miscalculated, I can't really complain for getting extra points, but the discrepancy is there.. it just though happens to be in my favour. Anyone else have that happen to them?
Old May 9, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I've had minimal spend put on this card, bundled with a couple IHG hotel stays. I've tried to add things up through the unclear and unhelpful online statements and it's all mostly there. I say 'mostly' because I've got a couple of minor discrepancies totalling 50-100 points extra.

Unless I've completely miscalculated, I can't really complain for getting extra points, but the discrepancy is there.. it just though happens to be in my favour. Anyone else have that happen to them?
Yes, following the issues I have had I have been sent paper copies of all the statements since the card went onto the Barclaycard system and there are two months where the points they have added work out to be more.

From the conversation I had with Barclaycard the other day the points are rounded down, so if you spend £9.99 you get points on £9 and so on which is what I expected, even taking this into account I still have differences.

The lady I spoke with calculated one of the months I had worked out were overpaid and she got it to four points out to the total I got it to, however their system has added 56 extra, the next month its 178 short so it's not like it is correcting itself the following month.

She was absolutely stumped and couldn't work it out. The balance etc was cleared a couple of days after the statement was issued and it wasn't the annual fee billing month so it wasn't as if the system was accruing points for interest or charges as there weren't any.

She has however requested a file or something from IHG so that she can analyse what's going wrong and has requested that Barclaycard IT also look at it.

If they do give me an explanation as what has happened I will let you know.

If you don't like the online statement you can switch to paper ones for free online in the account settings page. Nothing changes online and you can still see the statements you see now, however you also get the traditional paper one - which also gives you a breakdown of the points to be added total four or five days before they hit your IHG account.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrich
When booking a hotel, is anyone se still getting the 60k points offer. When I click through the link refers to a triple offer but the landing page is just the normal 20k points. Worth speaking to barclaycard to see if it's a targeted offer?
The 60k offer is advertised on the final page when making a reservation - just above where you enter you card details or select the card you have saved on file.

It does only show as the 20k bonus though when it takes you through to Barclaycard.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Is that still there? In April it was saying '60k to end of April' (the promo finished in March in theory) but when you clicked through it was 20k. On that basis I was not promoting it.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Is that still there? In April it was saying '60k to end of April' (the promo finished in March in theory) but when you clicked through it was 20k. On that basis I was not promoting it.
Still there when I go to pay for a booking and the link suggests it should be a triple sign up offer. The landing page at barclaycard is just 20k. I've not looked into it further tho. Waiting for a larger sign up to get the new top tier status.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Raffles
It was there, and showing an end date of 30th April. I applied on the last day, and it clearly stated 60k points. The problem was that my application got referred, and I'm not sure if that will affect the bonus.

My card has a valid from date of 04/15, so I'm hoping that should be proof
Old May 11, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It was there, and showing an end date of 30th April. I applied on the last day, and it clearly stated 60k points. The problem was that my application got referred, and I'm not sure if that will affect the bonus.

My card has a valid from date of 04/15, so I'm hoping that should be proof
They should take it from the application date. If you applied on the 30th and your card is showing 04 it sounds like it's been approved the same day and the card generated immediately so you should be ok.

I had another conversation with Barclaycard today regarding all the issues I have had. The latest one I have been hit with is the points month is not the same as your statement month but they couldn't tell me what the points months dates were. She is phoning me back tomorrow after clarifying. Has anyone else heard of anything similar?
Old May 12, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Do 4 points per £ spent in IHG hotels stack up with points for foreign spend?

If I stayed in a HIX abroad and paid equivalent of £100 - how many points should that generate?
Old May 14, 2015, 7:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by jms_uk

If I stayed in a HIX abroad and paid equivalent of £100 - how many points should that generate?
Great question. I'd be interested to know the answer to this.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
The Exec office is apparently calling me today or tomorrow. I shall ask the question for you.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I have today been sent the computer print out that Barclaycard see which contains the transactions as they appear on the statement and another two columns which show what type of transaction it was (Base/hotel/foreign) and how many points per transaction.

From that foreign IHG transactions are accruing four points per pound.

A few other things I have managed to establish today are:-

The points definitely run as per the statement month and not as per what I was told the other day.

Points are accrued on the full spend and are NOT rounded down. So if you spend £5.50 you accrue 11 points.

I also got the usual stock answer regarding the hotel points not adding (That they are aware of it and have no estimate as to when it will be fixed) so who knows if it will ever be fixed.

It's now almost a year since the accounts were moved onto the new system (My card has a valid from 06/14 on it), is it unacceptable or unreasonable to expect them to have it working properly within a year?
Old May 17, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.

Are you asking if that would essentially trigger an x8 bonus? I think I can answer this. I paid for a stay in Doha last month with the IHG Visa and from what I can tell, it only gave me the x4 for the IHG branded-stay - so no extra x4 for paying in a foreign currency. Having said that, I'm struggling to remember if I had my total converted to GBP at checkout.

I'd love to hear if there are any recorded instances of an x8 bonus. That'd be amazing...
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

60K posted today

Now, when's the next 100% bonus for purchases?

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jun 16, 2015 at 2:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.