Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:15 am

Oh they put me through to Chase as well.

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Are there any good signups for the premium visa at the moment other than the 20k points? I see a mention of 60k points so is it worth holding out?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by snevillio
Are there any good signups for the premium visa at the moment other than the 20k points? I see a mention of 60k points so is it worth holding out?
The 60K offer is no longer current and the 20K points are non-status personally I can't see that changing in the foreseeable.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:40 am

I just wondered how cyclical these offers were and whether something else would come round, i don't need them to be status earning points although it would be nice!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by snevillio
I just wondered how cyclical these offers were and whether something else would come round, i don't need them to be status earning points although it would be nice!
As the cards only relaunched a year ago, there isn't enough time for a cycle to become apparent!

Stopping the 60k counting for status makes it more likely to return in my view.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Could someone with the card who can log in to their Barclaycard account through the desktop possibly do a favour for me? I’m having what I thought it’d be a simple issue turn into a mind-numbing one and after talking to Barclaycard’s impossible customer support, I am none the wiser.

When logged in, you should see something like this

As you can see, there’s a very prominent box displaying how many IHG points I’ve got to transfer as a result of my latest spend. That box is clickable, only though when I actually click on it, I get this error

And I’ve been getting this error for the past 6 months, which is how long I've had the card for.

Can anyone tell me where does that link point to? As in, what sort of information does it display? Barclaycard customer support had no idea what I was talking about, and after an hour and a half put me through to the IHG support, as if it was their problem. All I want to know is what sort of microsite that link takes you to and if it’s anything worth calling them back for…
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Could someone with the card who can log in to their Barclaycard account through the desktop possibly do a favour for me? I’m having what I thought it’d be a simple issue turn into a mind-numbing one and after talking to Barclaycard’s impossible customer support, I am none the wiser.

When logged in, you should see something like this

As you can see, there’s a very prominent box displaying how many IHG points I’ve got to transfer as a result of my latest spend. That box is clickable, only though when I actually click on it, I get this error

And I’ve been getting this error for the past 6 months, which is how long I've had the card for.

Can anyone tell me where does that link point to? As in, what sort of information does it display? Barclaycard customer support had no idea what I was talking about, and after an hour and a half put me through to the IHG support, as if it was their problem. All I want to know is what sort of microsite that link takes you to and if it’s anything worth calling them back for…
That link has never worked for me.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I've never managed to get that to display anything other than the error.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:55 am

I can't ever remember having attempted to click on it tbh however I get the same message as you.

My statement was done yesterday and the lady in the Exec office normally calls me a couple of days later to check a few things following my complaint. I'll ask her to look into it for you and will let you know if she comes back with anything.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:11 pm

Hey guys, i've just opened up an account and that box is clickable through for me, doesn't take you to a very interesting page but here it is...

Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:43 pm

Nope, still not working...

Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
it's never worked for me either.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
it's never worked for me either.
Maybe it works with the new[er] accounts and not the old[er] ones?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
My wife lost her card so called on Saturday to cancel it....I went to use mine yesterday and it was declined. Called up and they said it had been cancelled due to my wife's being lost. I have never heard of this with any other card - crazy!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by blindman
The thing is I clearly laid out the breakdown of Intl spend + IHG spend and specifically stated I was claiming 4 x for both and no-one came back to me quoting the T&C's 3.4 para. that says the max multiplier is only 4.

I now have the Travelex Supercard aligned to this card. ^

Anyone used this Supercard overseas with the IHG card and got the points ?

I assume I book the hotel with the Supecard and this then gets transferred to the IHG card which in turn awards points?
Update
Travelex Supercard works as advertised, however

The spend hits the IHG account as

1 Not a Forex so no 4 x points

2. Does not recognise the spend as being at an IHG hotel so no 4 x spend

So no forex fees but no extra points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.