Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Is that an extra promo? When they gave you 40,000 points that was enough for instant Gold status (20k reqd), with 20,000 more required for Plat status (60k reqd).
It was on my first statement:

Priority Club Rewards are delighted to offer you guaranteed Gold Elite status for as long as you hold a Priority Club Rewards Visa Card. Not
only will you earn points every time you spend on your card but you can enjoy all the privileges of Elite status every time you check into an
IHG hotel. If you hold or upgrade to the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa we'll increase your status to Platinum. Your status has already
been reviewed but for more details on all of the benefits of Priority Club Elite status log on to www.priorityclub.com
My account still says gold Ambassador though.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chistery
It was on my first statement
Hmm interesting - not something they seem to advertise on the application pages but interesting. I wonder if it's just yet another IT glitch though of if they really mean to offer it??
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:27 pm

I did think it was odd how no one else had reported it, but maybe no one reads their statement pdfs? I'll report back if my status ever changes.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Interesting. I got a mailshot this week for the card and it never mentioned this!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
For the last couple of months I have received the odd extra points for "Visa Intnl Spend" which I have found quite odd as we have not been overseas, nor have we purchased anything from overseas.

Just checked my statement for this month and see my points are considerably higher than double my total spend? On checking my statement I notice that all the transactions have GB after them with the exception of Amazon transactions which all have LU after them? So, I presume this is where the international points are coming from which I find quite strange as these purchases are from Amazon UK and paid for in GBP. Not complaining mind you but just intrigued as to why they are showing as international points?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hehe sounds like fab Barclaycard IT hits again! Amazon are based in Luxembourg for tax reasons, but I agree it is a bit weird they're paying increased points for this given it's still in GBP. Usually the reason they're willing to pay more points on foreign transactions is because they're receiving more for them thanks to the hefty forex fees!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Amazon UK is based in Luxembourg for tax reasons, perhaps transactions are processed there
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Ah thank you, that explains it then. They are obviously being paid as foreign and we are receiving 4x points for these transactions Better hush now before they cotton on
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by tangey
Thats what I thought, which brings me to wonder why they don't just make the award say 40K points into your PCR account. It would be much easier for them to admin, no having to phone up to make the booking, and no expiry.

yes I realise that 40K doesn't get you a free night at most ICH, but I imagine most people would prefer the flexibility of having 40K points in their account.
You might think it would be easier, but it aint !! Took this card on when it was 40k points and refund of £99.00 fee. Had to push them very hard to get the fee back, and 6 months later still no 40k points. Apparently the points have been reset to my account, but 4 weeks after the email notifying me still no points. ( I give them 6 weeks before I start the emails again.)

Why can they not get their processes sorted to make these incentives work, or maybe they don't want to ?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by altyrocket
Took this card on when it was 40k points and refund of £99.00 fee. Had to push them very hard to get the fee back, and 6 months later still no 40k points.
Did the 40k points show up on the first statement? Mine have, so just waiting 4-6 weeks for them appear on my FC account, and then wait for the fee refund.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by chistery
Did the 40k points show up on the first statement? Mine have, so just waiting 4-6 weeks for them appear on my FC account, and then wait for the fee refund.
Nope, not seen any sign of them. Its 4 weeks since the email advising the points had been resent, so hence giving them another 2 weeks before I contact them again.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:14 am

Not so good then Hopefully I won't have any issues then as it lists them on my statement. Still don't see why it takes 4-6 weeks when topguest can post points within a few hours of checking in on foursquare.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Hubby's 40k appeared on his statement months ago, probably March or April. No miles - regular or bonus - ever posted. Gave up chasing by email and wrote a formal letter of complaint last weekend. He got a phone call on Thursday apologising and 50k points hit his account on Friday.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:42 am

Is the free night cert triggered at £10k spend now posting timely and correctly? From earlier posts, it was taking months to be awarded, and only after chasing this up with Barclaycard (who were blaming PC for the delay)
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Originally Posted by louie-m
Hubby's 40k appeared on his statement months ago, probably March or April. No miles - regular or bonus - ever posted. Gave up chasing by email and wrote a formal letter of complaint last weekend. He got a phone call on Thursday apologising and 50k points hit his account on Friday.
Please could I ask to whom you addressed your letter of complaint ?

I have held this card for over 7 months.
Only 1 months worth of transactions have generated the correct number of bonus points.
I have phoned the card customer services on a few occasions.They agree that I have received an inadequate number of points and promise to sort it but never do.

I feel I should now write a formal letter.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.