Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Related question: can anyone confirm that the bonus night is not removed if one downgrades the card or, more likely for me, cancels it altogether?
Once it's in your IHG account it's yours regardless of what you do with the card.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: AA, BA, Hertz
Here’s a horribly technical question for someone cleverer than me:

I was accepted for a Premium IHG Card on 31st December 2014.
My statements are spewed out on the 2nd of each month.
I’ve noticed that my spend up to my 2nd December 2015 statement totals about £9,000.

My question is if I make a purchase of £1,000 today to get me over the £10k, does that qualify me for the £10k free night voucher, even though that transaction won’t appear on a statement until 2nd January, which is after 31st December (my “anniversary date”)?

I’ve just come off the phone from Barclaycard, and didn’t get anywhere with this. Against my advice, they put me through to someone at IHG, who initially said it was nothing to do with them, but as far as they were concerned, my anniversary date was the date I first spent on the card, which was February 2015 (which for the record is correct).

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
If you spend 10k before 31 Dec 2015, you should be OK even if no statement has been produced by that day.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by aeroflott
I was accepted for a Premium IHG Card on 31st December 2014.
My statements are spewed out on the 2nd of each month.
I’ve noticed that my spend up to my 2nd December 2015 statement totals about £9,000.

My question is if I make a purchase of £1,000 today to get me over the £10k, does that qualify me for the £10k free night voucher, even though that transaction won’t appear on a statement until 2nd January, which is after 31st December (my “anniversary date”)?
I'd guess that you have up to the 31st dec 2015 to do the 10K spend. or more precisely, a few days before that, so that it shows as registering on the 31st of dec. Some retailers don't process card details immediately.

.... but as far as they were concerned, my anniversary date was the date I first spent on the card, which was February 2015 (which for the record is correct).
I'd think the date of your first spend would have NOTHING to do with it. Consider if you took the card out and didn't do your first spend for 10 months. I wouldn't expect you to have 12 months from THEN to do the spend.

Last edited by tangey; Dec 7, 2015 at 9:31 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:32 am

It will be the December date and as tangey says any spend must have cleared by that date so you are probably looking at the last transaction being around the 23rd just to be sure, some after that may clear but it is dependant on the retailer.

When did they take your £99 fee? It seems strange to leave it as late as February if your anniversary date is December.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:48 am

The £99 fee was charged in January.

I have no explanation as to why I didn't start spending till Feb!

Anyway - thanks for the feedback. I'm totting up a few purchases this week, so should tip over the 10k cliff well before Christmas.

Thanks

T
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:41 am

The £99 fee was charged in January.

I have no explanation as to why I didn't start spending till Feb!

Anyway - thanks for the feedback. I'm totting up a few purchases this week, so should tip over the 10k cliff well before Christmas.

Thanks

T
Ignore me, I forgot the £99 fee doesn't count towards the £10k so that wouldn't count as your first transaction.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:29 pm

Another month and another IT Faux Pas by Barclaycard. Points awarded yet again incorrect. You'd think that they would have a system where staying at an IHG property would automatically validate 4x points. Oh well, another Goodwill Gesture in the offing.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Faethepit
Another month and another IT Faux Pas by Barclaycard. Points awarded yet again incorrect. You'd think that they would have a system where staying at an IHG property would automatically validate 4x points. Oh well, another Goodwill Gesture in the offing.
I was trying to work out why my "Book your next stay on your IHG Premium Card" task hadn't completed on my Accelerate Dashboard, despite having done this back in September. I can see the transaction is showing on my September statement, but I can see from my IHG Recent Activity that Barclaycard have reported the points for that month as "International Spend" rather than "Hotel Spend", which presumably triggers the award.

Phoning Barclaycard today was possibly the worst customer experience I've had this year. Just hopeless - staff clearly didn't understand the product.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:22 pm

I was trying to work out why my "Book your next stay on your IHG Premium Card" task hadn't completed on my Accelerate Dashboard, despite having done this back in September. I can see the transaction is showing on my September statement, but I can see from my IHG Recent Activity that Barclaycard have reported the points for that month as "International Spend" rather than "Hotel Spend", which presumably triggers the award.

Phoning Barclaycard today was possibly the worst customer experience I've had this year. Just hopeless - staff clearly didn't understand the product.
When dealing with Barclaycard better to send a secure message and state clearly that you want a reply in writing. I've been given a goodwill gesture when my request was ignored and they called me only to be met with a verbal volley.

For Accelerate Promotion missing points best to submit a missing points form to IHG who should be able to sort it out as they know your card on profile and stays you've booked with the card. Can take up to 8 weeks to post and be prepared to chase up.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:08 pm

For the Accelerate promotion send IHG an email with the following information attached:-

Copy of the folio and the PDQ receipt if you still have it.
Screenshot of your monthly statement (With balance/personal details etc blanked out) showing the transaction.
Screenshot of the original reservation.

State clearly that due to the property not correctly aligning their PDQ to the Barclaycard platform this has resulted in the stay not posting correctly to the dashboard and that you wish the points to be manually added and if this cannot be done you wish the matter to be escalated to a manager.

Then forward the same email to Barclaycard corporate liaison stating that due to their poor systems and lack of customer service you have had to put in a lot of time and effort to sort this and it is not acceptable for a card that carries an annual fee. The email address for the CEO is a few posts back and someone from Corporate Liaison is normally on the phone within a few hours if sent during business hours.

Finally forward the email to the hotel (Without attachments) and point out the effort that you have had to go to due to their failure to inform Barclaycard of their PDQ IDs - this is something that I have been reliably informed has now been requested by IHG & Barclaycard on several occasions.

By doing this you should get you Accelerate points posted, a lovely chat with someone in Teesside (Barclaycard) where the words "Generous" and "Goodwill" are usually mentioned and a profound apology from the hotel in question along with another few thousand points for the terrible trouble you have had to go to.

Much easier than calling or dealing with the secure messaging system which incidentally is answered by the same lot that answer the general customer service line and ultimately far more lucrative.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:53 am

Is there a general "Corporate Liaison" email address at Barclaycard?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:07 am

Is there a general "Corporate Liaison" email address at Barclaycard?
I've sent you a PM with a general address, however if you want some action this year I'd bypass it and go above.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
A few hotels that didn't receive double points on my latest statement:

Hotel Indigo Kensington
Holiday Inn Express Wimbledon (not an impressive hotel either)
Crowne Plaza Gatwick

Barclays really don't seem to be able to sort this problem out...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:30 pm

Yep I've told them a few times about crowne plaza gatwick and nothing is done. ...

Originally Posted by davidw70
A few hotels that didn't receive double points on my latest statement:

Hotel Indigo Kensington
Holiday Inn Express Wimbledon (not an impressive hotel either)
Crowne Plaza Gatwick

Barclays really don't seem to be able to sort this problem out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.