Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
My 2nd year annual fee has now been taken - although only showed up today, despite being dated from a few days ago.

Agree could definitely see it not appearing until next statement, will see what happens later this week!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
My 2nd year annual fee has now been taken - although only showed up today, despite being dated from a few days ago.

Agree could definitely see it not appearing until next statement, will see what happens later this week!
My statement date was 13th July and the second year's annual fee was added to that statement. Still no sign of my free night voucher...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:50 am

Ah, damn!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:14 am

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes Creation to post the free night voucher? It's been two weeks now since my annual statement and still no sign of it in my IHG account.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes Creation to post the free night voucher? It's been two weeks now since my annual statement and still no sign of it in my IHG account.
the link I posted on post #1740 and written by raffles suggests it might be a while yet.

I seriously doubt it is going to post until the minimum payment date has passed for the July statement and probably not before the August one is generated going by the look of it.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
the link I posted on post #1740 and written by raffles suggests it might be a while yet.

I seriously doubt it is going to post until the minimum payment date has passed for the July statement and probably not before the August one is generated going by the look of it.
Anyone know if the voucher is valid from the date they finally get round to issuing it, or whether it's from the anniversary date?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:51 am

My anniversary date was the 5th July - got my latest statement generated with the fee, but no free night certiicate.

Customer Services at Creation are useless - when I enquired, they said "please contact IHG".
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:47 am

Just to provide some more info for others:

Rang up today to cancel my £99 card. I was told I needed to clear my balance immediately over the phone, using a Visa Debit card - so I used my one linked to my current account.

The balance to be cleared includes your £99 fee (so you have to pay it), but they will then refund it back to you via your Direct Debit link.

I remember I read somewhere (either here or on HFP) that the free night cert is being triggered by the payment of the second year £99 fee, so it looks like this way, they can still get it triggered but you don't actually pay for it?

Anyways, when I asked the CS Agent when I should expect the free night cert, she said the rote line of "we just deal with the finance side of things, you need to contact IHG about that"

Which is utter bollocks because they are responsible for fulfilling their end of the credit card contract, not IHG. It might very well be IHG that technically issue the cert... but it is Creation's responsibility to make sure it will be issued in a timely manner...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
It is indeed utter bollocks as you say
When I contacted IHG about the non crediting of points to my account I was told this was not something they could deal with as it was Creation who transferred the points to them and that they were responsible for issuing all benefits on the account.

(My points issues is still not resolved, reading between the lines the Ombudsman got the same inaccurate response as I did and he has called for more information and evidence from Creation )
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:06 am

My free night has been loaded overnight to my IHG account
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:10 am

When was your statement generated? Just trying to work out timescales for how long it takes to post. I'm almost at 3 weeks now.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Much to my amazement mine too.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
When was your statement generated? Just trying to work out timescales for how long it takes to post. I'm almost at 3 weeks now.
Statement was produced on Wednesday
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I had a bill notification through by email the other day, triggered by the renewal fee of £99. I don't use the card because of the issues I've had chasing points and general communication with them.
I thought about it and decided to cancel my black card.

The phone call to do this was probably the easiest communication I've had with them. An English (sounding) person agreed to refund the fee in full. He said he would close the card account and would confirm in writing.
Bye bye creation, I'd like to say it was fun......
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:05 am

Ditto -both an entry on the activity page and a free night on the free night status page ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.