Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think that chrism20 should have a customised IHG card named in his honour!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I did, pointless, I got an illiterate reply from a minion which just trotted out all the errors they were continuing to make eg said you earned x points.... so not even the CEO's minion understood I might have earned them but they never reached my IHG account.
FYI they took longer than the 7 days to get my file to the Ombudsman and like you as mine is a points issue I was surprised FOS took it on but when I rang them at the outset they said, yes as points are part of the terms of your card we deal with that.

Wonder how long it is going to take for Creation/BNP to recognise the mess they are in - I think when the card works all is well but when they get issues they just cannot sort them out.
To let off a bit of steam, I emailed Stephen Hunt CEO and copied the email to customercare (sic). I attached the final response letter from creation dated 7 July, 14 weeks after the date of the initial complaint, which stated £150 compension had been credited to my premium account - I wish! the money was wrongly put into my closed white card account, not my black premium card account - and the long overdue 20,600 points were to hit my IHG rewards account with 3 working days - again, beyond the wit of Creation to do so.

I can't see how a reply even from these idiots can fail to admit they're crap! Its pretty black and white. Yes, the pun was very much intended......

Last edited by igc324; Jul 15, 2017 at 11:37 pm
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Check your statements this month

You could not make this up given the issues I am having

I have opened my latest statement from Creation having spotted last night no points were transferred to IHG since the end of April. My statement for this month reads
Points earned 18,578
Bonus points 0
Points transferred 0
Points will be added to your IHG account.

And my previous small number of points earned the month before have not made it to IHG either

Every other statement I have prior to then shows the total points being transferred (earned plus bonus) but its all gone slow to stop since April. My previous issue was that Dec-March were not actually transferred. So out of 7 months statements only two months points have been added.......

I think there is something stinking rotten in the state of Creation

Anyway another set of attachments are winging their way by email to the Ombudsman but others might want to check they have had their points......

Last edited by thegreatmrsj; Jul 16, 2017 at 7:25 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by igc324
To let off a bit of steam, I emailed Stephen Hunt CEO and copied the email to customercare (sic). I attached the final response letter from creation dated 7 July, 14 weeks after the date of the initial complaint, which stated £150 compension had been credited to my premium account - I wish! the money was wrongly put into my closed white card account, not my black premium card account - and the long overdue 20,600 points were to hit my IHG rewards account with 3 working days - again, beyond the wit of Creation to do so.

I can't see how a reply even from these idiots can fail to admit they're crap! Its pretty black and white. Yes, the pun was very much intended......
A call from Complaints this morning at 0903 - a feat they couldn't manage all day Friday! Amazing what a cc email to the CEO Stephen Hunt can do :-) Forget the Ombudsman - after 8 weeks I should have emailed the CEO in the first place. I have done all the work anyway.

£150 compensation going into my current account but the 20600 points still being chased up. I asked for an email confirming this which lo and behold arrived within 5 minutes of finishing the call. The email address is at bnpparibas. pf. co. uk.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Such a shame he did not pick up on my email. Maybe he is aware now that they are messing around and they are trying to get a grip. Glad it is sorting out for you. Gives me some hope for my outcome.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Originally Posted by igc324
A call from Complaints this morning at 0903 - a feat they couldn't manage all day Friday! Amazing what a cc email to the CEO Stephen Hunt can do :-) Forget the Ombudsman - after 8 weeks I should have emailed the CEO in the first place. I have done all the work anyway.

£150 compensation going into my current account but the 20600 points still being chased up. I asked for an email confirming this which lo and behold arrived within 5 minutes of finishing the call. The email address is at bnpparibas. pf. co. uk.
Would you be able to PM me or post My Hunt's email address?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by phunc
Would you be able to PM me or post My Hunt's email address?
stephen.hunt at bnpparibas-pf.co.uk. The hyphen is needed.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by antichef
I have the creation black card. Getting points earned and into my IHG is going well. Cant fathom how they are supposed to be calculated and grateful if any gurus here can help. I thought it is:
4x £ for IHG hotels
4x £ for Intl spend
2x £ for the rest

But I cant see how they actually calculate it on the two months I have had it so far. I seem to be slightly up as a total, but cant get any of the individual numbers to add up!
An Holiday Inn Express hotel I frequently stay at now shows up on my July Mastercard statement as an "Advantage Hotel" although I book it through IHG. It looks as if I haven't been given the x4 points. Another Holiday Inn Express appears on my July statement as "IHG Hotels" and gets the x4 points.

Can I really get myself up for yet another battle with Creation? The ongoing one is nearly at an end. Compensation finally in bank account, but the missing IHG points (credited- apparently? - according to CEO's office on 19 July) are STILL missing.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Priority Club
Hi,

The answer I guess could be in the 116 pages of the thread somewhere, but for the first time I have qualified for the free night certificate (literally today) - I wondered if they send it out or does it at some point appear on my PC account. The points for last month have been transferred ok (probably).

Thanks

UKD
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by UKDegsy
Hi,

The answer I guess could be in the 116 pages of the thread somewhere, but for the first time I have qualified for the free night certificate (literally today) - I wondered if they send it out or does it at some point appear on my PC account. The points for last month have been transferred ok (probably).

Thanks

UKD
You get it at the end of your card year, not now. That is the big difference between Creation and Barclays.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
You get it at the end of your card year, not now. That is the big difference between Creation and Barclays.

Sorry - my fault - it was the end of my card year yesterday and has reset, now on zero for the year.

Cheers,

UKD
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I have had my card over a year, hit the spend target within that year, have had my statement and still no free night, maybe the option will appear next month...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UKDegsy
Sorry - my fault - it was the end of my card year yesterday and has reset, now on zero for the year.

Cheers,

UKD
I think we're all just finding out now as it's only been available for a year - I've certainly seen my points go across for this month, spend target has reset, but no statement yet generated - waiting to see if free night appears following that.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by steve1975l
I have had my card over a year, hit the spend target within that year, have had my statement and still no free night, maybe the option will appear next month...
Let's hope we don't need to CEO email option !
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by steve1975l
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I think we're all just finding out now as it's only been available for a year - I've certainly seen my points go across for this month, spend target has reset, but no statement yet generated - waiting to see if free night appears following that.
Going by what Raffles posted on his Head For Points site I think there will be no sign of the free night until the payment following the anniversary is due to be taken at the earliest - and more likely later than that.

It wouldn't surprise if it followed after the next statement.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07...ight-question/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.