Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrism20
Any theories I made last month about how the IHG spend points are crediting to accounts can well and truly be disregarded.

Finally got round to checking my July statement and I think I will need a maths degree to work out how they get to the figure they have as it makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm on the train to London tomorrow morning so will have a good few hours to look at it, hopefully I will be able to work out what's happened. I'm still missing the points from June and I reckon July is around 1,000 out.
If only you got lots of compensation from them like Barclaycard! I take it the issue is all IHG properties crediting variably? I hardly have any IHG stays (and no forex transactions as they go through Curve) and my points seem to be correct each month.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
If only you got lots of compensation from them like Barclaycard! I take it the issue is all IHG properties crediting variably? I hardly have any IHG stays (and no forex transactions as they go through Curve) and my points seem to be correct each month.
Yes the good old days are gone.

The points situation is weird. Until around May the statements were pretty accurate when compared to my own calculations give or take the odd bit of rounding.

The last two months have been strange. With Barclaycard you could work out how many points were missing and could identify the offending property or properties quite quickly, however with Creation the amount of points missing doesn't seem to be able to be tracked back to any particular transaction or transactions.

If I was missing say 200 points and I had a £100 hotel transaction you could say with a degree of certainty that this was the offending transaction as it would be fairly clear that it's only counted as 2x per £1 rather than 4x. This isn't the case and it's completely random.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Is anyone having the problem where the free night tracker hasn't reset for the new account year and new spend is just being added to the running total?

Ended my account year on the 30/07/2017 with £13k worth of spend and got the free night. Getting on for two weeks later the tracker hasn't yet reset back to £0 and included the new £3k of spend I've made, so it now still says you have earned your free night voucher (and has ongoing spend total of £16k).

I've emailed them but got a fairly garbled response which didn't seem to acknowledge the issue I'd raised..
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Is anyone having the problem where the free night tracker hasn't reset for the new account year and new spend is just being added to the running total?

Ended my account year on the 30/07/2017 with £13k worth of spend and got the free night. Getting on for two weeks later the tracker hasn't yet reset back to £0 and included the new £3k of spend I've made, so it now still says you have earned your free night voucher (and has ongoing spend total of £16k).

I've emailed them but got a fairly garbled response which didn't seem to acknowledge the issue I'd raised..
Looking at what is on my tracker (which has reset) it appears to have reset when the statement was produced rather than the actual anniversary date.

My one is out by £64.38 which happens to be the only transaction I had between the two dates.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Looking at what is on my tracker (which has reset) it appears to have reset when the statement was produced rather than the actual anniversary date.

My one is out by £64.38 which happens to be the only transaction I had between the two dates.
Ah that probably explains it, haven't hit the statement date. Although I have had £3k+ worth of spend on this year already so I can foresee some fun and games to come with Creation getting that sorted :-/

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Ah that probably explains it, haven't hit the statement date. Although I have had £3k+ worth of spend on this year already so I can foresee some fun and games to come with Creation getting that sorted :-/

Thanks!
For £3k I'd certainly be making noise although I can almost guarantee it won't be straightforward.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Any news on the 40k signup bonus, is it still around or? I just got the "Get the premium IHG card" as part of my September - December Accelerate.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Any news on the 40k signup bonus, is it still around or? I just got the "Get the premium IHG card" as part of my September - December Accelerate.
the 40k I think ended in June, the normal sign up for that card is now 20k unless you have a targeted offer on your ihg account
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Yes the good old days are gone.

The points situation is weird. Until around May the statements were pretty accurate when compared to my own calculations give or take the odd bit of rounding.

The last two months have been strange. With Barclaycard you could work out how many points were missing and could identify the offending property or properties quite quickly, however with Creation the amount of points missing doesn't seem to be able to be tracked back to any particular transaction or transactions.

If I was missing say 200 points and I had a £100 hotel transaction you could say with a degree of certainty that this was the offending transaction as it would be fairly clear that it's only counted as 2x per £1 rather than 4x. This isn't the case and it's completely random.
As entertaining as your anecdotes are to read, I can't help but feel that you're really unlucky with the points issues! I was putting around £15k a month through the Barclaycard and £50k on the Creation card since June and despite regular audits, not a single point adrift! Even the 2x 20k sign up bonuses on the Creation card came without any hassle. That said, I rarely ever make transactions that generate extra points like forex and hotel spend - is this where they tend to mess up the most?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
TheUrbanite - IME yes, that's the area. I rarely have chargeable IHG stays (more commonly redemptions) and don't put forex charges through on the card due to the fees, but the two recent occasions I've had IHG stays they've both been wrong! Other stuff posts fine as you say.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
As entertaining as your anecdotes are to read, I can't help but feel that you're really unlucky with the points issues! I was putting around £15k a month through the Barclaycard and £50k on the Creation card since June and despite regular audits, not a single point adrift! Even the 2x 20k sign up bonuses on the Creation card came without any hassle. That said, I rarely ever make transactions that generate extra points like forex and hotel spend - is this where they tend to mess up the most?
That's pretty much the case. I had hardly any IHG spend until the start of the summer accelerate promotion and there was never an issue until then, even now on the months that there is no IHG spend everything is correct give or take a point or two for rounding. As recently as May I was posting I'd never had a problem with Creation.

I've only used the card once for forex and that was AMB renewal because I foolishly forgot to switch the card before clicking purchase so I have no idea how accurate forex is.

Barclaycard were pretty much the same. The points for any regular spending posted fine it was when it came to any additional points for IHG spending you ran into problems. With Barclaycard it was easier to pick out the problem transactions though.

Last edited by chrism20; Aug 12, 2017 at 5:53 am
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Had to also call up to chase up my voucher. After the Barclaycard having come through seamlessly, the Creation one was nowhere to be seen, even after the anniversary date passed, and I was billed for the annual fee.

The agent on the phone was very helpful. She said she had to consult another department and would get back to me. She followed up with an email saying that they have since contacted IHG to inform them of my eligibility for the voucher and I should hear from them soon. Two days later, the voucher landed.

I cancelled the card immediately afterwards. I would have kept it had they waived the fee for the next year, and I haven’t used it since last year when I put the £10k through. I asked if there were any offers and was told no…

Speaking of cancellations.. considering this is a new card, does anyone know what the churning rules are?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Has anyone got an address or phone number at Creation of someone who can actually help. I'm 3 weeks into my complaint about not receiving my free night voucher and I'm getting nowhere. I'll give them the 8 weeks required by the Ombudsman to resolve my complaint, them I'm going to them. I can't believe how poor their customer service is. Looking up Creation on Trust Pilot makes for interesting reading too!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Just adding to the woe. I cancelled my card after the anniversary date but before the statement creation date on the advice of the very clued up agent about 5 weeks ago (i wanted to avoid a second years fee but still wanted the free night voucher). However unsurprisingly, the free night has not credited and also the points for the last month have gone across as ZERO.

Raised a complaint this morning after getting the usual fob off that its all IHG`s fault. I asked who the product owner was (someone called Jason) and had them email him a copy of the complaint.

Based on peoples experience here this is going to be like pulling teeth. The customer service at Creation is nothing short of useless.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:15 pm

Pre-auths taking an age to clear?

Has anyone noticed pre-auths on the Creation card taking forever to clear?

I'm not talking about the usual two or three days to drop off, I'm talking about the transaction being processed and completed using the same authorisation code as the pre-auth and it then showing on the statement but the pre-auth still showing upto a week later after the transaction has been settled?

It's not the first time it's happened. I had a very large hold last year in the run up to Christmas which held about £1,600 for over a week and I've noticed a few pre-auths still sitting for a while after the bill is settled and showing as processed on the online statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.