Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Mine is due as well, checked on it earlier today but hasn't been credited.
IIRC it was quite quick last year. I’m hoping for the same this year as I’ve got a points res that I’d like to switch to the free night as it’s a 70k one.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
My statement was generated overnight. Points have posted instantly as normal, and so has the free night certificate

It's showing on my IHG app and usable straight away. At least Creation have managed to do that properly!
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
My statement was generated overnight. Points have posted instantly as normal, and so has the free night certificate

It's showing on my IHG app and usable straight away. At least Creation have managed to do that properly!
that is good news, my statement is the end of the week. Fingers crossed for the same.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC

Wow, nice! Points always post promptly but cert took about 2 months or so to post year for me. Ironically have nothing imminent I need it for (upcoming AMB cert stay being the old hotel I might have used it at) so for one a longer lead time to issuing it would have worked for me
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Yes and it's been terrible! I've had to raise a formal complaint and it's still not resolved.

I had two fraudulent transactions on 9th June. I contacted them and asked for the card to be stopped and the transactions refunded. They did neither. Week later another 3 transactions made, contacted them again. No action. Took until 22nd June for the card to be cancelled and to this date the transactions have not yet been refunded although they have agreed they were fraudulent. Thankfully its only £140 although I'm having to service the charges despite them confirming they were cardholder not present transactions and not me.

I raised a formal complaint but even that needed chasing. Took 10 days to receive an acknowledgement. I am still no further forward and getting more and more annoyed with them. Everytime you call you just know it'll be difficult. I could phone Pizza Hut and they'd be able to tell me more about my Creation account than Creation can.

They really are a joke of an organisation.
Have to admit I had a fraudulent transaction - only £20 - called them and they cancelled the card - what was odd is they sent me a document to complete. When I have had the same on Amex they simply sorted it over the phone!

They refunded it pretty quickly as well.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:45 am

Thanks for the replies re the free night. It landed in the account this morning along with the points from the statement. 70k booking now switched the free night.

Thanks again
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ditto, chrism20 - amazing how much more efficient their system has become, free night posted (actually seems to be valid for about a 12 months + a week, which is nice) along with Accelerate points for recent stay and this month's credit card points.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not impressed

Due to paying a deposit on new windows for my house I had a large spend in July and was coming close to my credit limit. I pay the statement balance off in full very month by direct debit and Creation duly collected £7,400 odd from my bank on Monday.
On Tuesday my Curve card, that is linked to my IHG Mastercard, was declined in Sainsburys. Thinking it must be a hitch with that card (it's happened before) I tried paying with my IHG Mastercard, which was also declined. Two cards declined at the front of a queue is somewhat embarrassing, managed to pay with Amex. I phoned Creation to see what was going on, they acknowledged receipt of my payment but said it would not be 'allocated' to my Creation account until Thursday. Today, Thursday, I'm showing a spend availability of £1.52 as the money still hasn't been allocated. Not impressed. I also asked for a credit limit increase in July from £10,000 to £12,500 which they wouldn't grant unless I provided proof of income despite my having a history of large spending always paid off in full every month.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Due to paying a deposit on new windows for my house I had a large spend in July and was coming close to my credit limit. I pay the statement balance off in full very month by direct debit and Creation duly collected £7,400 odd from my bank on Monday.
On Tuesday my Curve card, that is linked to my IHG Mastercard, was declined in Sainsburys. Thinking it must be a hitch with that card (it's happened before) I tried paying with my IHG Mastercard, which was also declined. Two cards declined at the front of a queue is somewhat embarrassing, managed to pay with Amex. I phoned Creation to see what was going on, they acknowledged receipt of my payment but said it would not be 'allocated' to my Creation account until Thursday. Today, Thursday, I'm showing a spend availability of £1.52 as the money still hasn't been allocated. Not impressed. I also asked for a credit limit increase in July from £10,000 to £12,500 which they wouldn't grant unless I provided proof of income despite my having a history of large spending always paid off in full every month.
I've been stung with that one when I bought a new kitchen. If you make a payment mid month it doesn't show on the statement until its actually cleared, however the DD payment shows the day it was taken and then seems to take two to three days to clear.

It's all very inefficient. For all their faults this was something Barclays were very good with. A payment of any type was generally showing as cleared within hours.
Keefy-boy likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:42 am

I have a question about the free night certificate - it says booking between 24 July 2018 and 3 August 2019. Looked at the terms and conditions and can't find what they define as a booking.

I want to book a night on 4 August 2019 which I appears the website lets me book using the free night. I have enough points to book it as well but would rather use the free night certificate. I don't want to turn up and have issues!

​​​​​
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by parklife
I have a question about the free night certificate - it says booking between 24 July 2018 and 3 August 2019. Looked at the terms and conditions and can't find what they define as a booking.

I want to book a night on 4 August 2019 which I appears the website lets me book using the free night. I have enough points to book it as well but would rather use the free night certificate. I don't want to turn up and have issues!

​​​​​
That should be fine. You have to book within those dates but you can make the reservation for anytime that the property is open for reservations for.

The only issue is that once you have passed the expiry date for the voucher you cannot cancel or make amendments.

Last year I booked a stay with a free night voucher that expired in July but did not actually stay until December and there were no issues at all.
parklife likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
That should be fine. You have to book within those dates but you can make the reservation for anytime that the property is open for reservations for.

The only issue is that once you have passed the expiry date for the voucher you cannot cancel or make amendments.

Last year I booked a stay with a free night voucher that expired in July but did not actually stay until December and there were no issues at all.
Thank you. Will book it.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:05 am

Creation Missing Points

Bill period ended & statement through. Creation CC points normally posted to account within 24 hours but have not been posted this month. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I presume Creation is the first point of call rather than IHG Customer Care.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Faethepit
Bill period ended & statement through. Creation CC points normally posted to account within 24 hours but have not been posted this month. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I presume Creation is the first point of call rather than IHG Customer Care.
Have exactly the same problem, they normally post instantly but nothing up to now.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:36 am

Same for young rapidex. No points this month yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.