Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
My free night has been loaded overnight to my IHG account
Creation free night certificate now posted and used in conjunction with the Barclaycard free night for a two night stay at the Intercontinental Park Lane.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Priority Club
Originally Posted by chrism20
My free night has been loaded overnight to my IHG account
Mine too - nice surprise not having to chase it up.^
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UKDegsy
Mine too - nice surprise not having to chase it up.^
And mine!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:37 am

I also just got my free night voucher deposited into my IHG account from my Creation card. Strange, no email notification though.

Expiration date of just over a year (9th August 2018)
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:39 am

For those curious to the Terms & Conditions before you receive your vouchers:

Description
UK Credit Card Free Night is valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only. Reservations may not be made at All Inclusive hotels. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. Free Nights are not transferable, cannot be extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or recredited for points. Individual hotel's cancellation policy applies to the use of the Anniversary Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel's cancellation time period. Free Night rules and regulations are subject to change.

You can use your Free Nights individually or all at once. The number of nights and rooms you book cannot exceed the number of free nights you have earned.
After booking your Free Nights, you can add additional nights by booking a paid reservation.

Terms & Conditions
One (1) “Free Night” stay at a participating InterContinental Hotels Group property (fulfilled as digital code in winner's IHG Rewards Club account). Free Night is valid at participating hotels in the IHG® Rewards Club Family of Brands only and must be redeemed (and stay must be completed) by August 30, 2016. One (1) “Free Night” stay will only be awarded after a qualifying stay, which must be completed in the next 30 days at any InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ and Hualuxe® hotel worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Night is valid for one standard room night rate (excluding Breakfast)and applicable taxes only. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. Free Night may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or re-credited for points. Individual hotel’s cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel’s cancellation time period. InterContinental Hotels Group reserves the right to amend, vary, cancel or substitute these Free Night terms and conditions, without notice, at its discretion . Booking direct does not include reservations made via the call center. This customized offer is valid for original recipient only.

Clearly the T&Cs in the free night cert have been a copy+paste job without any proof checking.....
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:45 am

Does anyone have the REAL T&Cs for this free night cert?

Just wanted to confirm if I cancel the cert night booking, do I get the certificate back to re-use.... or if its lost forever...
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Can I really get myself up for yet another battle with Creation? The ongoing one is nearly at an end. Compensation finally in bank account, but the missing IHG points (credited- apparently? - according to CEO's office on 19 July) are STILL missing.[/QUOTE]

I finally have my missing points from April 2017 but only after threatening court action if my complaint was not resolved by 31 July. As if by magic, those elusive points appeared on my IHG Rewards account overnight.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I've emailed them to ask where my free night certificate is. Judging by the comments on here I'm preparing myself for a lengthy battle to get it. I hope the authorities do something if this is the kind of service we are to expect from these people.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I've emailed them to ask where my free night certificate is. Judging by the comments on here I'm preparing myself for a lengthy battle to get it. I hope the authorities do something if this is the kind of service we are to expect from these people.
It does seem a bit of a mess. My card anniversary was July 30th, they took the new year fee on 22nd July and the free night certificate was in my account on July 28th. I got a phone call them yesterday telling me they didn't know exactly when I'd get the free night certificate (even though I already have!) but it would likely be soon after my next statement date later in August.

They also don't seem to have reset the spending target for earning this coming year's free night so I'm currently having to note down what it was at the end of the year and subtract the new spend :-/ Hopefully they'll get it sorted at some point but they aren't exactly covering themselves with glory at the moment...
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
It is indeed utter bollocks as you say
When I contacted IHG about the non crediting of points to my account I was told this was not something they could deal with as it was Creation who transferred the points to them and that they were responsible for issuing all benefits on the account.

(My points issues is still not resolved, reading between the lines the Ombudsman got the same inaccurate response as I did and he has called for more information and evidence from Creation )
The Ombudsman has been hopeless in my case and I would never get them involved again. I have had no contact from them for months.

I have done all the work and only a Letter before Action from me emailed to the CEO got Creation uncharacteristically speedily resolving my complaint. But even then Creation blamed IHG for the 20k points not being credited!

Going through their "normal" complaints procedure was a nightmare. As detailed in a previous post, even the compensation of £150 went astray!

Keep at them.

Last edited by igc324; Aug 1, 2017 at 10:50 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Along with many other posters here I complained to Barclaycard in February re the removal of the IHG point scheme after I'd paid my annual fee. At the time they paid compensation and agreed that they would refund me £66 in respect of the remainder of my annual fee in May. That refund didn't materialise and since Barclaycard steadfastly refused to honour the agreement, stating they were no longer obliged to honour something from 3 months ago, I escalated to the Ombusdsman. It took the Ombusdsman 4 weeks from the point of receipt to respond to my complaint and today on a call they advise that, while they understand my complaint, there isn't much they can do if Barclaycard refuse to comply.
Why is it so bloody difficult
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Just had a frustrating call with Creation.

When my free night hadn't posted on the anniversary date, I sent an email to complain. (It turned up some days later). Just got a call back now from Creation, and they basically said "it takes 72 hours from when we tell IHG until the points and vouchers show up", and "but you've got your voucher now, why are you complaining" when I pointed out that that wasn't what they'd written in the T&C. They also didn't seem to understand why I might expect, on a premium card with a £99 fee, for them to manage to follow their own T&Cs...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding this card as I think I've not gone about this ideally. I've signed up for this card as a way to have a non-Amex card to gather points on. I signed myself up and put my partner on as the second cardholder.

However my partner travels much more often than I do, and so my question is as the second card point post to my account, what about when he will stay? Would we still be able to combine his points when he stays without me (e.g. for work) and still get the 50% Platinum bonus points? If not, would you suggest coughing up another £99 given that we'll at least get another 20,000 points and then both have Platinum status?

Obviously I would rather avoid signing up for a second card, but if he doesn't get the platinum 50% bonus, then we might be losing quite a lot.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Just had a frustrating call with Creation.

When my free night hadn't posted on the anniversary date, I sent an email to complain. (It turned up some days later). Just got a call back now from Creation, and they basically said "it takes 72 hours from when we tell IHG until the points and vouchers show up", and "but you've got your voucher now, why are you complaining" when I pointed out that that wasn't what they'd written in the T&C. They also didn't seem to understand why I might expect, on a premium card with a £99 fee, for them to manage to follow their own T&Cs...
I had numerous frustrating phone calls and email exchanges with them. It wore me down and I just stopped using the card.
When I got notified that they had charged the renewal fee, I called them up to cancel the card.
It was ironically, the easiest and most pleasant phone call I had experienced with them!
I checked yesterday and they have credited the fee back to the card account and today I received confirmation in the post.
I will now cancel the DD and pretend the whole experience never happened!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Any theories I made last month about how the IHG spend points are crediting to accounts can well and truly be disregarded.

Finally got round to checking my July statement and I think I will need a maths degree to work out how they get to the figure they have as it makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm on the train to London tomorrow morning so will have a good few hours to look at it, hopefully I will be able to work out what's happened. I'm still missing the points from June and I reckon July is around 1,000 out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.