Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Was that purely for the mistakes in the letter with the new card? What excatly did you say to them? And did you call the normal customer service team, or EO?

I'm intrigued to see if I can get anything now!
​​​​​​I suspect he got as far as saying "Hi, it's chrism20 here" and they immediately started weeping and offering cash
Old May 6, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
So what's the consensus on the Creation IHG card?

I've managed to cancel a really old Barclaycard that I had so only have the Freedom Rewards card now. I want to cancel that too but don't know whether to go for the Creation IHG card yet.

It has an eye-watering 41.5% APR!
Old May 6, 2017, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
So what's the consensus on the Creation IHG card?

I've managed to cancel a really old Barclaycard that I had so only have the Freedom Rewards card now. I want to cancel that too but don't know whether to go for the Creation IHG card yet.

It has an eye-watering 41.5% APR!
The APR is irrelevant though as you should be paying it off in full every month. If you're wanting to borrow on a card then get a 0% one, not a points-earning card!

Some folk have had glitches with Creation, personally it has worked well for me - points post promptly before each statement and they've resolved any missing points queries satisfactorily.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I went for the IHG Creation Premium and the signup bonus posted almost immediately after I hit £200 spend, so that was promising. However, they screwed up the setting up of my DD instruction, which led to my credit rating taking an almighty whack after the first payment (including the £99 fee) went AWOL. In the end they acknowledged that the fault was on their end and they credited me with the late payment fee.

With the APR being so high you definitely don't want to leave any balance outstanding.

Last edited by yurtripper; May 6, 2017 at 6:49 am
Old May 6, 2017, 6:54 am

I've also had no issues linking it to Curve or Supercard either - have got the black one, so 3% back at M&S is pretty handy ^
Old May 6, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
The only issue I have with creation is I cancelled my direct debit to stop them taking a payment I had already made, and I now cannot set one up online as they still think it is in place. Apart from that zero issues with the card - all IHG stays and FX spend all tracked correctly.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Was that purely for the mistakes in the letter with the new card? What excatly did you say to them? And did you call the normal customer service team, or EO?

I'm intrigued to see if I can get anything now!
Phoned the customer service line and asked them to confirm today's date and what year it was then asked why they were telling me the card has been valid for years etc.

I did mention that the account had been nothing but problems and felt that it was ordering on incompetence. They offered me £30.

I then referred them to the part in the letter that said I had reported it damaged and told them it was rubbish. They offered me another £30.

I'm actually surprised that they spoke to me tbh as the last two times I've called the customer service line I've been referred to the EO.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I went for the IHG Creation Premium and the signup bonus posted almost immediately after I hit £200 spend, so that was promising. However, they screwed up the setting up of my DD instruction, which led to my credit rating taking an almighty whack after the first payment (including the £99 fee) went AWOL. In the end they acknowledged that the fault was on their end and they credited me with the late payment fee.

With the APR being so high you definitely don't want to leave any balance outstanding.
Did you also ask them to ensure that your credit rating was also sorted out following their error?
Old May 6, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrism20
Did you also ask them to ensure that your credit rating was also sorted out following their error?
Yes, and the payment arrears note got taken off eventually, but it took a bit longer to clear up than the late payment refund.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Yes, and the payment arrears note got taken off eventually, but it took a bit longer to clear up than the late payment refund.
Glas you got it fixed.

Is it just me or does Creation seem to be grossly understaffed?
Old May 7, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by chrism20
Is it just me or does Creation seem to be grossly understaffed?
My thought exactly.

It's taken 2 weeks and 2 days for me to receive a declaration letter about fraudulent transactions on my account and that's not good enough for me.

It's also more than a week after I wrote to them (Signed For Royal Mail) with the signed declaration from my statement and a covering letter asking for their complaints procedure.

I've never had a reply to any of the messages I post online about this or the IHG points not posting correctly.

Frankly I've now given up ever expecting IHG points to post correctly.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I'll probably sign up for it today then. I won't be borrowing on it as I tend to pay off the full amount outstanding each month. I just mentioned the APR as it was unusually high.

How long does it take to receive the card and be up and running once you've completed the online application?
Old May 7, 2017, 2:54 am

Took a few weeks for my recent White card (was quicker previously with Black). They sent SMS confirmation though and you'll see status notification in your IHG account very quickly after application. PIN seems to arrive 5+ days before card.

I genuinely don't have a clue what the APR is for any of my cards (apart from the 0% ones!), always set up DD for full payment each month - with Amex charge cards you need to pay in full anyway.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I am slowly getting tired of Creation.

I applied for the white card in October. For some reason, I only got accepted a month later, and received the card on 18th of November. I spent £200 by 3rd of January.

It's May now and still no sign of the 10k bonus. I emailed them in March, but that achieved nothing. I called them last month, and they said that I didn't actually spend £200 within the first 3 months. They then said that this counts from application date, which I said is ridiculous (although that doesn't matter, as even if that date is chosen, I still spent £200 within 3 months). Creation reluctantly agreed and said they'll sort it out.

Well, clearly they didn't. I called them again today, and was told that the best thing to do would be for me to call IHG. I somehow don't think that's going to work.

What else can I do?
Old May 7, 2017, 7:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by XmaX
I am slowly getting tired of Creation.

I applied for the white card in October. For some reason, I only got accepted a month later, and received the card on 18th of November. I spent £200 by 3rd of January.

It's May now and still no sign of the 10k bonus. I emailed them in March, but that achieved nothing. I called them last month, and they said that I didn't actually spend £200 within the first 3 months. They then said that this counts from application date, which I said is ridiculous (although that doesn't matter, as even if that date is chosen, I still spent £200 within 3 months). Creation reluctantly agreed and said they'll sort it out.

Well, clearly they didn't. I called them again today, and was told that the best thing to do would be for me to call IHG. I somehow don't think that's going to work.

What else can I do?
Tell them that unless they resolve within x days, you will be referring them to the financial ombudsman and to put what they say in a letter to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.