Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
My £82.50 refund hit the account on 2 May.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
Earlier in the year when Barclaycard announced the end of the IHG tie in I made a complaint which resulted in compensation towards the hotel night I wouldn't now receive and a portion of the £99 annual fee. The agreement was that the remainder of the fee (circa £66) would be refunded to me by May. I have screenshots of this conversation. As there has been no sign of it, and I wish to close the account, I contacted Barclaycard 3 weeks ago and made a complaint. After 2 weeks and no reply I made another and they have responded saying they have 8 weeks to look into the matter.

Has anyone else who was promised the pro rata fee refund received it yet? I think 8 weeks to look into it is outrageous when I've provided proof of what was agreed. On the other hand I may just let it go the full duration and escalate to FOS as soon as they miss the deadline.

I had the pro-rata fee refund a couple of weeks ago. The £100 compemsation (night already earned) arrived the day after I had the rather productive telephone conversation with CS.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by stanontour
I had a similar issue with etihad emails also... they appeared blank.
but when i pressed forward the message i was able to read it!!

never worked out why
How odd! I just tried pressing 'Forward' and I could see the email too.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
Im not done with Barclaycard yet
In today's post another letter that they are still looking into my complaint and asking for another extension of time [until 9th June]...
Old May 30, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Yesterday Creation even declined transactions at an IHG hotel for being suspicious! Had to use another card instead. Not sure I'm going to renew when the annual charge comes around...
Old May 31, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a reference point for others, I acccepted £250 as compensation for the lost free night voucher. (I easily hit the spend target last 2 years running). I also accepted a full refund of the £99 card fee. (I received a pro-rata refund, then an additional payment to make it up to £99).
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
As a reference point for others, I acccepted £250 as compensation for the lost free night voucher. (I easily hit the spend target last 2 years running). I also accepted a full refund of the £99 card fee. (I received a pro-rata refund, then an additional payment to make it up to £99).
FWIW, Barclaycard gave the full refund of the £99 fee despite earning the free night voucher.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by jms_uk
In today's post another letter that they are still looking into my complaint and asking for another extension of time [until 9th June]...
I have a complaint running since March (failure to transfer the points they show on my statement to my IHG account). On 1 May right at the end of their first eight week period they wrote to me and said they needed four weeks more, five weeks on nothing.....I think I will be going to the FS Ombudsman as their complaints process is not fit for purpose (doubt the Ombudsman gets involved in points disputes unless someone tells me otherwise). Most emails I have had from them have been so badly written I think that several of their staff have problems writing in clear English as well
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I have a complaint running since March (failure to transfer the points they show on my statement to my IHG account). On 1 May right at the end of their first eight week period they wrote to me and said they needed four weeks more, five weeks on nothing.....I think I will be going to the FS Ombudsman as their complaints process is not fit for purpose (doubt the Ombudsman gets involved in points disputes unless someone tells me otherwise). Most emails I have had from them have been so badly written I think that several of their staff have problems writing in clear English as well
I had a call - £105 for my inconvenience [in various £5-£25 increments for various issues] and points promised.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

As irritating as they are to deal with I wouldn't take it anywhere near the ombudsman until you have a deadlock letter and they are putting the phone down on you when you try and phone to discuss it.

And even then I'd take it to the Barclays Group Chairman before going to the Ombudsman.

The fallout when the special delivery letter reaches the chairmans office is nuclear.

Whilst there is the satisfaction element of winning the ombudsman complaint the compensation they will instruct Barclaycard to give you is paltry in comparison to digging your heels in and grinding out a result.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Definitely agree with chrism20 (he's a total expert on getting cash out of Barclaycard BTW!) - have heard of a few folk recently who went to the Ombudsman and got nowt more than their fee back.

Sadly I'd already closed my Barclaycard IHG a while back, so no compensation for me (although I did do OK out of them at the time when I did have the card)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Definitely agree with chrism20 (he's a total expert on getting cash out of Barclaycard BTW!) - have heard of a few folk recently who went to the Ombudsman and got nowt more than their fee back.

Sadly I'd already closed my Barclaycard IHG a while back, so no compensation for me (although I did do OK out of them at the time when I did have the card)
Thanks - I thought Creation was BNP. Have I got that wrong? I'm keen to explore every option as I just want my points!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Thanks - I thought Creation was BNP. Have I got that wrong? I'm keen to explore every option as I just want my points!
It is BNP (or EDL, one of the two )
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
First negative for me with Creation: customer service is not open at weekends. I bought a few fairly pricey products online yesterday and it several transactions were declined even though I passed the SecureCode check and had a huge credit limit of which only 1% had been used so far.

Not to self: only order stuff online during weekdays and during office hours!

Having said that, I'm generally happy with Creation. The staff appear to be UK-based and are friendly and polite.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Have they not got a 24h lost/stolen number? If so (I must admit I don't know!), I'd try that one if there was a decline issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.