Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I have had an ongoing saga with Creation since 3 April 2017. My white card account was closed unknown to me (no closing letter was sent) but my black card with the £99 annual fee remained intact. I guess because of the closure - although no one has explained why - the 20600 points earned are in limbo! I have not been credited with them. 8 week later I got FOS involved. Last Friday the dreaded Customer Services Complaints Team phoned me, apologising and promising that I would receive compensation and the long overdue points within 72 hours. Unsurprisingly, a week later I have not received the points.

And now for good news or bad news first?

Good news? - £150 compensation. Bad news? - the idiots have credited my CLOSED account with this amount! How the hell am I to get my hands on it? I cannot spend £150 on the white card. Its closed!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Further evidence that beyond the most simplest of task they are clearly not competent at doing the job they are paid to do!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by igc324
I have had an ongoing saga with Creation since 3 April 2017. My white card account was closed unknown to me (no closing letter was sent) but my black card with the £99 annual fee remained intact. I guess because of the closure - although no one has explained why - the 20600 points earned are in limbo! I have not been credited with them. 8 week later I got FOS involved. Last Friday the dreaded Customer Services Complaints Team phoned me, apologising and promising that I would receive compensation and the long overdue points within 72 hours. Unsurprisingly, a week later I have not received the points.

And now for good news or bad news first?

Good news? - £150 compensation. Bad news? - the idiots have credited my CLOSED account with this amount! How the hell am I to get my hands on it? I cannot spend £150 on the white card. Its closed!
Interesting the Ombudsman must have a growing file about the points issues. I have just acquired another new issue re points and I tried to get IHG involved but they have said anything to do with points rests with Creation. IHG need to realise that customers earning points are not getting them credited and NOTHING can get Creation to fix it. Every timing promise I have had from Creation has been broken. They seem totally incapable of thinking anything through.....

Will be interesting to see what my Ombudsman outcome is. I will share here when it happens
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Interesting the Ombudsman must have a growing file about the points issues. I have just acquired another new issue re points and I tried to get IHG involved but they have said anything to do with points rests with Creation. IHG need to realise that customers earning points are not getting them credited and NOTHING can get Creation to fix it. Every timing promise I have had from Creation has been broken. They seem totally incapable of thinking anything through.....

Will be interesting to see what my Ombudsman outcome is. I will share here when it happens
The Ombudsman asked Creation for my up to date file on Tuesday and have given them 7 days to send it. IHG points were never an issue with the FOS for me. They took on my complaint no problem even
though it was theoretically not financial.

In the old days, an email to Barclaycard CEO worked wonders but I doubt a similar act to Creation Head Office would have any effect?

Has anyone tried it?

Last edited by igc324; Jul 14, 2017 at 4:12 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:29 am

Has anyone tried it?
Not yet

I think you lot are having so many problems as every resource at Creation seems to be deployed at keeping my account in order. I've tried, believe I have tried to find a major fault, I've put forty transactions through the card in under six hours and it just won't break. The points seem fine when the statements are pooled etc, I just can't find a fault. It's getting annoying.

I'm sure there is someone ex-Barclaycard in the Creation office.

On a more serious note re emailing I think it might be more successful at going to the parent company than Creation.

Hopefully they might take a bit more notice once the bill from FOBS lands for the case handling.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
The Ombudsman asked Creation for my up to date file on Tuesday and have given them 7 days to send it. IHG points were never an issue with the FOS for me. They took on my complaint no problem even
though it was theoretically not financial.

In the old days, an email to Barclaycard CEO worked wonders but I doubt a similar act to Creation Head Office would have any effect?

Has anyone tried it?
I did, pointless, I got an illiterate reply from a minion which just trotted out all the errors they were continuing to make eg said you earned x points.... so not even the CEO's minion understood I might have earned them but they never reached my IHG account.
FYI they took longer than the 7 days to get my file to the Ombudsman and like you as mine is a points issue I was surprised FOS took it on but when I rang them at the outset they said, yes as points are part of the terms of your card we deal with that.

Wonder how long it is going to take for Creation/BNP to recognise the mess they are in - I think when the card works all is well but when they get issues they just cannot sort them out.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I did, pointless, I got an illiterate reply from a minion which just trotted out all the errors they were continuing to make eg said you earned x points.... so not even the CEO's minion understood I might have earned them but they never reached my IHG account.
FYI they took longer than the 7 days to get my file to the Ombudsman and like you as mine is a points issue I was surprised FOS took it on but when I rang them at the outset they said, yes as points are part of the terms of your card we deal with that.

Wonder how long it is going to take for Creation/BNP to recognise the mess they are in - I think when the card works all is well but when they get issues they just cannot sort them out.
Thanks for that. I had a feeling emailing the CEO would be a useless exercise.

I was asked at the start of this saga if I wanted Creation to re-open my closed white credit card account. I laughed down the phone and said no. It seems the laugh is on me! If the account was now re-opened I could get my hands on the £150.

Irony, or what?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Not yet

I think you lot are having so many problems as every resource at Creation seems to be deployed at keeping my account in order. I've tried, believe I have tried to find a major fault, I've put forty transactions through the card in under six hours and it just won't break. The points seem fine when the statements are pooled etc, I just can't find a fault. It's getting annoying.

On a more serious note re emailing I think it might be more successful at going to the parent company than Creation.

Hopefully they might take a bit more notice once the bill from FOBS lands for the case handling.
Haha! I too cannot find fault in my black card statements or allocation points. Very efficiently credited a day before the 22nd of the month statement is issued.

However, my view of a company is how they deal with complaints when things go wrong. When things go right that is how it should be. Creation are useless in that respect.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
Not yet

I think you're account with creation may, behind the scenes, still be managed by Barclays staff.
They probably Tupe'd over the entire department they set up to deal with your issues, as part of their exit deal with IHG.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
I think you're account with creation may, behind the scenes, still be managed by Barclays staff.
They probably Tupe'd over the entire department they set up to deal with your issues, as part of their exit deal with IHG.
They haven't all moved over yet then as I'm still involved in a tug of war regarding the old IHG card.

I'm still missing a small number of points which they obviously now cannot award. They seem to think 50p per missing point is unreasonable! The way they are carrying on you would think I was holding them to ransom. It's only around £300, although we are getting there.

They did joke on the phone last week that I had fantastic negotiating skills. I cut my HR teeth on the railway. When you have had to negotiate with the RMT Barclaycard are easy to deal with.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:36 am

To add insult to injury, the letter from Creation just received gives 0800 0121173 as the complaints direct dial number.

Press 1 for Mastercard and...... its dead! Zilch. Silence. Nada.

Beyond belief.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Peanuts
Monkeys
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
For anyone tracking the free night cert posting I've just had my statement generated and my £99 fee added to it. When logging on my £10,000 spend chart thing has reset to zero. No free cert has been posted to my IHG account yet though.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I have the creation black card. Getting points earned and into my IHG is going well. Cant fathom how they are supposed to be calculated and grateful if any gurus here can help. I thought it is:
4x £ for IHG hotels
4x £ for Intl spend
2x £ for the rest

But I cant see how they actually calculate it on the two months I have had it so far. I seem to be slightly up as a total, but cant get any of the individual numbers to add up!

More of a problem is the Direct Debit. It goes out in full from my bank account on 11th, then is shown in the creation account statement on the 11th as a credit, but does not reduce the total debit amount and remains the same even today (14th) thus showing my available spend still considerably reduced - and resulted in getting a declined payment on the 12th as I thought it would be back in the account by then.

Apparently you cant get an increased credit limit until account opened six months! At least I have got the hotel night in the bag after six weeks.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Haha! I too cannot find fault in my black card statements or allocation points. Very efficiently credited a day before the 22nd of the month statement is issued.

However, my view of a company is how they deal with complaints when things go wrong. When things go right that is how it should be. Creation are useless in that respect.
Totally agree - it's all worked fine for me! Just giving it the full six months before closing my White a/c to ensure they don't try and claw back the points. Black card keeps working fine though and they sorted any minor points issues in my favour - not a patch on the money Barclaycard were doling out though!

Originally Posted by adobbing
Hahaha PMSL at that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.