Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by rumbataz
It's going to be a real pain switching over from the IHG Barclaycard. It's my credit card everywhere!

I haven't decided whether to go for the Creation card yet, as I'm thinking about the Emirates card instead. Not too impressed with IHG at the moment with loss of benefits at my regular hotel.
I agree! I am sorry I applied for the white creation card. I have just noticed that I have "reduced functionality" on it, something that is not present on my black card. Is this the reason my 10k activation points plus qualifying spend points have not been posted to my IHG account? No reply to my secure message. I rang the number they give ( not the usual number) and it is, ominously "Collections". My credit score is fine, and I was issued with the black card without any problems. I cannot speak by phone as I am in Spain and haven't got the white card details with me. After 6 months I was to cancel it, having got the activation points. Its a very odd. Any thoughts, anybody?
Old May 3, 2017, 5:04 am

New Barclaycard has arrived

So my replacement Barclaycard arrived in the post this morning.

Apparently I reported the card as damaged

And

I can start using the card from 23rd June 2014

Nice to see that Barclaycard are bowing out in the same good old incompetent fashion.

I will of course be droppping them a line pointing out this latest gaffe and claiming one final cash gift from them.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by chrism20
So my replacement Barclaycard arrived in the post this morning.

Apparently I reported the card as damaged

And

I can start using the card from 23rd June 2014

Nice to see that Barclaycard are bowing out in the same good old incompetent fashion.

I will of course be droppping them a line pointing out this latest gaffe and claiming one final cash gift from them.
Got mine today as well. They should have sent you a text message telling you to ignore the dates and start using it immediately.

I've got two Barclaycards and have been desperately trying to cancel them. Every time I ring up someone reads out a script saying they are having system problems and to call back in another 2-3 hours.

I'm desperate to cancel both Barclaycards but calling Barclaycard is proving to be impossible at the moment.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Got mine today as well. They should have sent you a text message telling you to ignore the dates and start using it immediately.

I've got two Barclaycards and have been desperately trying to cancel them. Every time I ring up someone reads out a script saying they are having system problems and to call back in another 2-3 hours.

I'm desperate to cancel both Barclaycards but calling Barclaycard is proving to be impossible at the moment.
Yes I got the text seven minutes after they credited £60 to my account for the inconvenience

They were having system issues when I called them about one of my other cards with them the other day as woman did manage to access the account but it took her a good few minutes.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I just cancelled mine tonight...they do a good job of trying to kill you with kindness...tried every which way to get me not to cancel my card...couldn't of been nicer...got it done in the end though
Old May 4, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by A1pax
That is terrible to hear, pmcg, about your horrible experience with creation............
Hope you get those unauthorised spending amounts rectified soon.
Alas not it seems when we have to deal with Creation.

After 2 weeks now, no call or letters from the fraud department at all and no new card received.
I've now rang them 3 times and each time been told someone will get back to me.

Now written to them Recorded Delivery and asked for details of their complaints procedure.
Will see if they respond to this and if they don't I will then have to lodge a complaint with FOS.

Not surprising the fraudsters are so active when "some" card companies are so incompetent.

Keep an eye on your cards folks for strange looking transactions.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
It seems Creation are going to be every bit as incompetent as Barclays. My first statement arrived last week. I spent a total of £612, some £160 of which was at a Holiday Inn. I was awarded 1220 points so no recognition of the 4 IHG reward points for every £1 spent at an IHG hotel. I contacted Creation by phone - first response was that I was "wholly mistaken" in thinking I should receive 4 points for a sterling transaction, they could only ever earn 2 points and only IHG hotels abroad are eligible for 4 points. Couldn't transfer me to a supervisor as apparently they "don't take customer calls" so I made a complaint online - now I've been asked to provide evidence that my transaction (listed as Holiday Inn Exprss xxxxx location on my statement) is for an IHG hotel as they need proof to investigate.
I can see it being one complaint after another - having paid the £99 fee I don't see me having this any longer than the year. Kicking myself for not going with the Hilton Honors credit card. It couldn't have been any worse!
Old May 4, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Creation make Barclaycard look competent!
Dealing with anything other than the most basic of tasks is a soul destroying experience.

I have given up using their card for points purposes as it's really not worth the hassle. I will diary a call to them to downgrade to the free version when my year is up, then use it only when IHG have a bonus such as accelerate that requires its use.

If you want an alternative way to earn IHG points on a credit card, I would recommend the UK Virgin Atlantic credit card.
It accrues Virgin Flying club points which can then be converted on a 1 to 1 basis to IHG rewards club points.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:02 pm

I'm positive someone who's had their fingers burned at my expense whilst working at Barclaycard now work for Creation.

I have scoured every statement, transaction, payment. The lot! And I cannot find any errors in my Creation account.

This is most upsetting for me.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
I'm positive someone who's had their fingers burned at my expense whilst working at Barclaycard now work for Creation.

I have scoured every statement, transaction, payment. The lot! And I cannot find any errors in my Creation account.

I'm willing to bet that your account is checked manually on a daily basis by several people and anything that slips through and merits compensation is taken from their bonuses! I'm surprised though you haven't been approached to appear in the in house complaint handling training videos as an example of everything that can go wrong

This is my second complaint since I took the card - amazing in the space of 6 weeks. I've lost any patience I may have had already so won't be taking any prisoners.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by scottish minnie
I'm willing to bet that your account is checked manually on a daily basis by several people and anything that slips through and merits compensation is taken from their bonuses! I'm surprised though you haven't been approached to appear in the in house complaint handling training videos as an example of everything that can go wrong

This is my second complaint since I took the card - amazing in the space of 6 weeks. I've lost any patience I may have had already so won't be taking any prisoners.
Haha, it wouldn't surprise me. I know a few years back one of my calls to what was Orange was used as a training tool. They did ask if they could do it though after they agreed to write off £370 of data charges following two weeks in Turkey with my new blackberry

I've had very few dealings with Creation tbh so have definitely been lucky. My card was declined a couple of times around Christmas and when I phoned they were ok but it was a straightforward enquiry.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Last edited by chrism20; May 4, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 2:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold

It was probably part of the tender for them getting the contract to run the card....

Provision of a Chrism20 compensation processing team.
Or they may just have TUPE'd them over from Barclaycard ;-)
Old May 4, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
It was probably part of the tender for them getting the contract to run the card....

Provision of a Chrism20 compensation processing team.
Or they may just have TUPE'd them over from Barclaycard ;-)
I think I've maxed out my luck with Barclaycard tbh although I don't think they will ever be sending a customer an email with "What will it take to close this complaint" again in a hurry.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Same here, chrism20 - had no issues at all with my Creation card and have spent my 10k a few months ahead of the end of the 12 months. A couple of IHG transactions didn't credit at 4x point, they replied to my email within a 3 days and gave me more than the missing number of points so can't really complain. Will be renewing for a 2nd year.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes I got the text seven minutes after they credited £60 to my account for the inconvenience

They were having system issues when I called them about one of my other cards with them the other day as woman did manage to access the account but it took her a good few minutes.
Was that purely for the mistakes in the letter with the new card? What excatly did you say to them? And did you call the normal customer service team, or EO?

I'm intrigued to see if I can get anything now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.