Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Has anyone else spotted during the signup for the new Premium IHG Creation card that despite going in via the email link & subsequent webpage link to get the increased number of IHG points for signing up (40,000) the Ts&Cs still only actually refer to 20,000 points ??

IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card Terms and Conditions

1. 20,000 IHG Rewards Club points: 20,000 (twenty thousand) bonus Rewards Club points only applies to the principal cardholder and is allocated after you make Purchases totalling £200 or more within 90 days of the account opening (the “Qualifying Spend”).

The 20,000 bonus Rewards points will be awarded upon generation of your first IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card Statement after the Qualifying Spend. If your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card account is closed within the first 6 months of opening, IHG reserves the right to deduct the 20,000 bonus Rewards points from your IHG Rewards Club account.

2. Platinum Elite Status: As soon as you are accepted for the IHG Rewards Premium Credit Card, you will receive automatic Platinum Elite status, and all the benefits that come with it, unless you are already a Spire Elite member.

3. Earn IHG Rewards Club points: 4 points are allocated per £1 (one pound) spent at IHG locations in the UK (including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). 4 points are allocated per £1 (one pound) spent at IHG locations outside the UK. 2 points are allocated per £1 (one pound) spent on all other Purchases in the UK, 4 points are allocated per £1 (one pound) spent on all other Purchases outside the UK. Points will only be earned on Purchases and will be deducted for returns or refunds. Points will be allocated to the value rounded down to the nearest pound. Points are only awarded to accounts that are open on the Statement date. All terms and conditions of the IHG Rewards Club apply.

Points earned during a Statement month will be shown on your IHG Rewards Premium Credit Card Statement. The Creation online account management website (www.creation.co.uk) will show your points earned from Credit Card Purchases after the transaction is posted to your IHG Rewards Premium Credit Card Statement. You will not earn points on Balance Transfers, Cash Advances or Insurances. Rewards points earned for IHG stays and other on-site purchases not paid for using your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card will not be shown on your Credit Card Statement. To check your current IHG Rewards Club points balance please visit www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Points earned on your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card will be suspended if you default (arrears or over limit) on your account. Once your account is back in good order, you can start earning points again.

If, during an IHG Rewards Premium Credit Card Statement period, the total number of points redeemed or deducted for any reason (including returns and refunds) is greater than the number of points earned, then a negative points balance will be displayed on your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card Statement. Points earned thereafter will first be applied against any such negative balance until a positive balance is achieved. Points may not be used as a form of payment towards your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card.

4. Free night voucher: On the anniversary of your account opening, so long as your account remains active, you will earn one free night voucher to redeem at any IHG property, provided you make annual Purchases totalling a minimum of £10,000. Annual purchases are calculated from your account opening date to the day before the first anniversary, and thereafter on an annual basis. This offer is subject to your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card account remaining in good order.

5. Account fee: Your IHG Rewards Premium Credit Card carries an annual fee of £99, which is applied to your account in the first Statement period, and annually thereafter. The annual fee is payable in full in the month it is applied to your account, and if not settled in full by the due date, will attract interest at your Standard Purchases rate.

6. IHG Rewards Club Information
Points accrued and rewards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the IHG Rewards Club. Please see www.ihgrewardsclub.com for full terms and conditions of the IHG Rewards Club, including all up-to-date redemption values. Terms and conditions of the IHG Rewards Club may be modified without notice to Cardholders, and services and benefits may be added or removed at any time. Individuals whose Credit Card applications are not approved will not be enrolled into the IHG Rewards Club through this offer, although existing IHG Rewards Club memberships will not be affected. Additional authorised credit card holders will not be enrolled into the IHG Rewards Club through this offer. Points awarded through the use of the authorised cardholder’s card will be credited to the principal Cardholder’s IHG Rewards Club account.

Please note: if you are not already an IHG Rewards Club Member, upon acceptance of your application for the IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card you will automatically be enrolled into the IHG Rewards Club.

7. Data protection
By enrolling into the IHG Rewards Club programme you agree to receive enrolment and other materials by email and/or mail, which detail the IHG Rewards Club benefits and special offers you can receive as a member.

Any queries regarding Rewards point balances and/or redemption should be directed to the IHG Rewards Club Service Centre on 0871 226 1111 (Calls cost 13p per minute. Standard network rates apply. Calls from mobiles will be higher)
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yep - they never seem to change them. I've taken plenty of screenshots though!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Yep - they never seem to change them. I've taken plenty of screenshots though!
so did i!

the letter that comes with the card says 20k as well
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes, although sadly not uncommon - lots don't seem to bother tweaking their T&Cs to take account of different offers.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Ambassador
Well, I am happy with this reply I got to my complaint about closing the card (bearing in mind I have already achieved my free night...)

Upon checking your account I found that you have already achieved and earned your free night vouchers for this year. As you are a valued customer I am able to refund the full annual fee of £99 on your account and also I am able to add £100 credit on your account to compensate the inconvenience caused to you.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
That is very good.

I had to email them [again!] about missing February points - March statement only posted March points [and correct for IHG this time].
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Ambassador
£199 credit now posted to my account - happy days
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Priority Club
I have now got the Creation Card after being offered 40,000 points to sign up. And also see on the T&Cs and the letter that it quotes 20,000. I rang Creation when I got the card and they inform me that they are aware of the targeted email offering 40,000 points hopefully all will post correctly.

I also have a question concerning cancelling Barclaycard which I now intend to do. But I have three reservations later in the year using Barclaycard. one for Flexi Rate, one using points and one using my Barclaycard free night. Will cancelling Barclaycard cause a problem with the bookings, as I will be using the Creation Card when making the stays.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by metal212
I also have a question concerning cancelling Barclaycard which I now intend to do. But I have three reservations later in the year using Barclaycard. one for Flexi Rate, one using points and one using my Barclaycard free night. Will cancelling Barclaycard cause a problem with the bookings, as I will be using the Creation Card when making the stays.
Just change the card on record in your 'billing preferences' on the IHG website to the Creation card.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Priority Club
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Just change the card on record in your 'billing preferences' on the IHG website to the Creation card.

Thanks. I will do that.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:17 am

[QUOTE=metal212;28101012]I have now got the Creation Card after being offered 40,000 points to sign up. And also see on the T&Cs and the letter that it quotes 20,000. I rang Creation when I got the card and they inform me that they are aware of the targeted email offering 40,000 points hopefully all will post correctly. [QUOTE]

We just received hubby's new creation card in the post (which I applied for him when IHG offered the enhanced bonus of 40K). However, all the brochures which came with the card only referred to 20K. So, I hope it will track and post the 40K (not 20K) after we spend £200.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
I've had fun and games with Barclaycard following the closure notice but a win in my books I may think. The basis of my complaint was I renewed in JAN and was shooting for the free night, if I'd have known the plug was to be pulled then I'd have cancelled in December and put my spend on the Creation Card for the free night. My free night was IC Park Lane at 70,000 points compensation or cash value for the night if they wished instead of points.

Originally the Indian Call Centre gave me the £99 refund without me asking or me going into detail about my complaint, then they transferred me to the senior team who tried to offer me £50 as compensation for lack of free night (to which I declined) and a promise for a call back from their complaints team the next day to apologise.

I emailed the Exec's Office complaining about the free night being taken away and against the Indian Call Centre for automatically compensating me without me agreeing. I received a telephone call from the Exec's Office the next day stating they are in their rights to do this and apologise for the Indian Call Centre. They agreed to honor me the £99, the £50, plus the correct pro-rata £80ish refund which should have been applied. So I gave in at this point as I was quid's in.

Very shorltly after I received a call from the Indian Call Centre (regarding the escalation that must have happened the day before) and agreed to compensate me £75. So in total I've got £99 for nothing, £50 for complaining, £80ish pro-rata refund as I should, and £75 for lack of reading case notes on my file.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:31 pm

Yes they seem to quite like trotting out the lines "We have operated within the terms and conditions of the account".

These are the terms and conditions which I now requested almost three weeks ago and have still not been received. I still maintain there is something odd about the manner in which they have done all this.

Even refunding the annual fee in full and giving everyone £50 which seems to be the minimum anybody has received will cost a fortune. If everything is above board why are they dishing out free money?

Last edited by chrism20; Mar 29, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SHRMark
My free night was IC Park Lane at 70,000 points compensation or cash value for the night if they wished instead of points.
On a pointless point of pedantry it's 60,000 points.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Just received a letter in relation to my complaint, basically saying they are acting within the terms and conditions and I am due no compensation, only a pro-rata refund of the card fee. Very surprised seeing as what people are getting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.