FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:07 am
SHRMark

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
I've had fun and games with Barclaycard following the closure notice but a win in my books I may think. The basis of my complaint was I renewed in JAN and was shooting for the free night, if I'd have known the plug was to be pulled then I'd have cancelled in December and put my spend on the Creation Card for the free night. My free night was IC Park Lane at 70,000 points compensation or cash value for the night if they wished instead of points.

Originally the Indian Call Centre gave me the £99 refund without me asking or me going into detail about my complaint, then they transferred me to the senior team who tried to offer me £50 as compensation for lack of free night (to which I declined) and a promise for a call back from their complaints team the next day to apologise.

I emailed the Exec's Office complaining about the free night being taken away and against the Indian Call Centre for automatically compensating me without me agreeing. I received a telephone call from the Exec's Office the next day stating they are in their rights to do this and apologise for the Indian Call Centre. They agreed to honor me the £99, the £50, plus the correct pro-rata £80ish refund which should have been applied. So I gave in at this point as I was quid's in.

Very shorltly after I received a call from the Indian Call Centre (regarding the escalation that must have happened the day before) and agreed to compensate me £75. So in total I've got £99 for nothing, £50 for complaining, £80ish pro-rata refund as I should, and £75 for lack of reading case notes on my file.