Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Barclaycard to launch NFC payments on Android ahead of Apple Pay

Not sure why they don't just give up and go with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay, but Android users may get a new feature from the IHG card from November

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/15/b...ments-android/
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:35 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Has anybody managed to get the £99 annual fee waived for the second year?

I see the fee was only charged to my account after 1 month of using the card, if I cancelled the card after the anniversary but before the fee shows up on a statement, will the fee still be charged?

Also, do you need to use the free night certificate (for spending £5000 and withdrawing £5000 equivalent with supercard ) before you cancel the card?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:54 am

Can't answer your question regarding the fee, however once the certificate for the free night is in your IHG account it is yours as you have met the criteria and the normal rules apply - must book within twelve months and is fine even if you cancel.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
With regards to the free night certificate.

1. Does it appear in ones IHG account under "My Offer Status"?

2. How long after the £10K is reached does this occur?
2a Does this need to be after a statement period?

3. Should I expect an email telling me it has been awarded?

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by blindman
With regards to the free night certificate.

1. Does it appear in ones IHG account under "My Offer Status"?

2. How long after the £10K is reached does this occur?
2a Does this need to be after a statement period?

3. Should I expect an email telling me it has been awarded?

Cheers.
1. Yes it will appear in my offer status > free nights

2/2a Mine appeared about ten days after I hit the £10k - my statement date was in between so I'm not 100% sure sorry.

3. Yes, you will get an email saying that it is now in your account and IIRC there is also a booking link on the email. The free night was in the account a couple of days before the email landed IIRC.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by chrism20

2/2a Mine appeared about ten days after I hit the £10k - my statement date was in between so I'm not 100% sure sorry.

3. Yes, you will get an email saying that it is now in your account and IIRC there is also a booking link on the email. The free night was in the account a couple of days before the email landed IIRC.
Thanks ^
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:38 am

Update:

Seems to be triggered after the statement is made up after the target is reached.

Mrs B received an email yesterday-statement date-and the cert has appeared under a new option in the left hand column "Free night status"
Target was reached about a week before the statement date.

There is a booking link in there as you have said.

Impressed with Barclays efficiency (in this aspect anyway )

Will keep the card until just prior to renewal date and then close.

Been a good little earner -even for the £99 fee

100,000 points, Spire status and a free night. ^
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:48 pm

I've spoken to that lady a few times as still months on some hotels arent showing as bonus points...I've had hundreds of pounds compensation from Barclay's as every time I tell then and complain they give me a gesture of good will. Why not just fix the issue and load all the ihg hotels on and save some cash?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I've spoken to that lady a few times as still months on some hotels arent showing as bonus points...I've had hundreds of pounds compensation from Barclay's as every time I tell then and complain they give me a gesture of good will. Why not just fix the issue and load all the ihg hotels on and save some cash?
Ah yes, this card really is the gift that keeps on giving.

You should insist on upgrading your "Goodwill" to "Points & cash" as well as having the annual fee refunded/waived, it's amazing how generous they can be.

The truth is I don't think they actually know how to fix it. It's in that much of a mess they actually need to start again with it.

Also, unless it's a lot of points I wonder how many people don't actually notice their points are short. The only reason I noticed that there was an issue was when I only had one hotel stay during a statement month and no bonus points were added. Could it be cheaper just to goodwill the eagle eyed ones out there than rewrite the script that calculates the points?

Last edited by chrism20; Nov 8, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:25 am

I asked for points buy they said no. I will ask again. How many did you manage to get?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Inspired by the thread, I had a "fun" bit of time trying to cross-reference my IHG statement, stays and what points came through to my IHG account. Spotted one they'd missed the bonus points for, and fired off a secure message. Today I got a general "we know it's a problem" and a promise they'd credit the points. In the mean time, I'd found one other one from May, so I replied saying that it really wasn't on for a card that I pay for to have these problems for so long. Got a call just now saying they'd request the points for the two stays, they'd log the feedback on it, log feedback on how Amex offers detailed points statements on even free cards, and would credit my account with 30 quid to say sorry for the problems. Didn't seem to be able to get any more, though I didn't push that hard

I've no more IHG stays for a while (I'm boycotting them due to crazy Accelerate targets), but I'll have to keep a close eye in January and see if I can get some more when it goes wrong again. As others have said, they don't sound like they know how to fix it...
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:28 am

Yeah they really need to fix issue but they don't have a clue
Like Chris says probs easier to pay compensation that reinvent the wheel
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:59 pm

Oh dear have I upset you Chris lol

Ah yes, this card really is the gift that keeps on giving.

You should insist on upgrading your "Goodwill" to "Points & cash" as well as having the annual fee refunded/waived, it's amazing how generous they can be.

The truth is I don't think they actually know how to fix it. It's in that much of a mess they actually need to start again with it.

Also, unless it's a lot of points I wonder how many people don't actually notice their points are short. The only reason I noticed that there was an issue was when I only had one hotel stay during a statement month and no bonus points were added. Could it be cheaper just to goodwill the eagle eyed ones out there than rewrite the script that calculates the points?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
Oh dear have I upset you Chris lol
Lol no, I've been in Iceland all weekend, I've sent you a PM.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:10 am

Does anybody have the same issue as me?

When logged into my Barclaycard and go to Account & Services then Reward balance......I get a system error page! Another failing of this Premium IHG card

Not sure what this page is supposed to display

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.