FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old May 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
chrism20

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I've had minimal spend put on this card, bundled with a couple IHG hotel stays. I've tried to add things up through the unclear and unhelpful online statements and it's all mostly there. I say 'mostly' because I've got a couple of minor discrepancies totalling 50-100 points extra.

Unless I've completely miscalculated, I can't really complain for getting extra points, but the discrepancy is there.. it just though happens to be in my favour. Anyone else have that happen to them?
Yes, following the issues I have had I have been sent paper copies of all the statements since the card went onto the Barclaycard system and there are two months where the points they have added work out to be more.

From the conversation I had with Barclaycard the other day the points are rounded down, so if you spend £9.99 you get points on £9 and so on which is what I expected, even taking this into account I still have differences.

The lady I spoke with calculated one of the months I had worked out were overpaid and she got it to four points out to the total I got it to, however their system has added 56 extra, the next month its 178 short so it's not like it is correcting itself the following month.

She was absolutely stumped and couldn't work it out. The balance etc was cleared a couple of days after the statement was issued and it wasn't the annual fee billing month so it wasn't as if the system was accruing points for interest or charges as there weren't any.

She has however requested a file or something from IHG so that she can analyse what's going wrong and has requested that Barclaycard IT also look at it.

If they do give me an explanation as what has happened I will let you know.

If you don't like the online statement you can switch to paper ones for free online in the account settings page. Nothing changes online and you can still see the statements you see now, however you also get the traditional paper one - which also gives you a breakdown of the points to be added total four or five days before they hit your IHG account.