FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old May 15, 2015, 11:15 am
chrism20

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Do 4 points per £ spent in IHG hotels stack up with points for foreign spend?

If I stayed in a HIX abroad and paid equivalent of £100 - how many points should that generate?
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Great question. I'd be interested to know the answer to this.
I have today been sent the computer print out that Barclaycard see which contains the transactions as they appear on the statement and another two columns which show what type of transaction it was (Base/hotel/foreign) and how many points per transaction.

From that foreign IHG transactions are accruing four points per pound.

A few other things I have managed to establish today are:-

The points definitely run as per the statement month and not as per what I was told the other day.

Points are accrued on the full spend and are NOT rounded down. So if you spend £5.50 you accrue 11 points.

I also got the usual stock answer regarding the hotel points not adding (That they are aware of it and have no estimate as to when it will be fixed) so who knows if it will ever be fixed.

It's now almost a year since the accounts were moved onto the new system (My card has a valid from 06/14 on it), is it unacceptable or unreasonable to expect them to have it working properly within a year?