Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by samwkchan
It's my first time that the hotel refuses to change the rate. The agent in BRG team told me they will reimburse after I pay at the hotel.

How long should it take for the reimbursement check to arrive?
My reimbursement check arrived exactly 7 days after check-out, even though I was told to expect 4-6 weeks. This was for a domestic U.S. stay and my residence also being U.S.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BEAV
My reimbursement check arrived exactly 7 days after check-out, even though I was told to expect 4-6 weeks. This was for a domestic U.S. stay and my residence also being U.S.
OK. My stay is in Asia but my residence is in US.
Do you have to file or fax any documents to IHG for the reimbursement?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:32 am

OK. My stay is in Asia but my residence is in US.
Do you have to file or fax any documents to IHG for the reimbursement?
I thought I'd have to, but I didn't. All the BRG folks asked me for was the mailing address to send the check to. They took care of the rest internally.
I was amazed how fast and efficient this part of the overall ordeal went.

Despite the quick reimbursement, I still maintain pre-payment on an approved BRG is ridiculous. IHG Corporate needs to remove the guest from the "argument" between they and the hotels who refuse to adjust BRG-approved rates. Transparency to the customer should be the rule of the day, especially in the so-called "hospitality" industry!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IHG Corporate needs to remove the guest from the "argument" between they and the hotels who refuse to adjust BRG-approved rates. Transparency to the customer should be the rule of the day, especially in the so-called "hospitality" industry!
Dunno, I think you got a bit too much transparency As you say, it would be better if they lowered the shutters round the sorry business of non-conforming hotels.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:55 am

I thought I'd have to, but I didn't. All the BRG folks asked me for was the mailing address to send the check to. They took care of the rest internally.
I was amazed how fast and efficient this part of the overall ordeal went.

Despite the quick reimbursement, I still maintain pre-payment on an approved BRG is ridiculous. IHG Corporate needs to remove the guest from the "argument" between they and the hotels who refuse to adjust BRG-approved rates. Transparency to the customer should be the rule of the day, especially in the so-called "hospitality" industry!
Just one quick question. Did they charge your card without further notification? If they don't, I would prefer paying with another card at the hotel because of my spending requirement on a lately applied credit card.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:38 pm

Just one quick question. Did they charge your card without further notification? If they don't, I would prefer paying with another card at the hotel because of my spending requirement on a lately applied credit card.
I was not on an advance pay rate if that's what you mean. No payment was required until check-out.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
is it all over? I havn't looked at the terms in a while?

If you find a rate on a competing website that is lower than the lowest rate shown on the 'Best Available' search of our website, We will honor that rate for the nights for which lower rate was found, plus give you an additional 10% discount off the lower rate found upon its verification by us.
http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...-internet-rate
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by bunindoven00
yes, for Non refundable rate, you will be charge of the reservation. This is a non cancelable rate/prepaid rate. Why bother cancelling it, you have already been awarded of a free night. Good for you, some take chances just to get a free stay at any hotel.
Im confused. The room was a non cancelable/prepaid rate. It should be reduced to zero.

If i dont show, will they charge me $0 or will they charge me the full original rate?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Do not use Skoosh you will be invalidated.
This is simply incorrect. IHG BRG will allow comparisons to Skoosh as long as:

1) The rate is immediately bookable.
2) The rate is publicly available.

This applies to 3rd party website.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by zux85
Im confused. The room was a non cancelable/prepaid rate. It should be reduced to zero.

If i dont show, will they charge me $0 or will they charge me the full original rate?
i asked the BRG line and they said that if you book an advance purchase rate, submit a claim and have the claim verified to reduce the rate to zero on the first night, it will still be subject to the original cancellation policy
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by lfc84
i asked the BRG line and they said that if you book an advance purchase rate, submit a claim and have the claim verified to reduce the rate to zero on the first night, it will still be subject to the original cancellation policy
i asked them as well and was told the same. Which means on a $400 room which was a prepaid night reduced to $0, i would be billed the $400 if i dont show.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
yes, for Non refundable rate, you will be charge of the reservation. This is a non cancelable rate/prepaid rate. Why bother cancelling it, you have already been awarded of a free night. Good for you, some take chances just to get a free stay at any hotel.
Do you have first hand experience of this or are you guessing?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by zux85
i asked them as well and was told the same. Which means on a $400 room which was a prepaid night reduced to $0, i would be billed the $400 if i dont show.
This is the same BRG team who seem to make up their own rules and give strange interpratations of what's a valid calim

I may need to cabcel one of my free nights. I rang CS and they quite happily said I could cancel as it was a free night.

I have not done so yet-so unlike others I cannot give sound advice from experience.

My view is that as my CC was refunded with the money, the night is "comped" on the booking it should be fine.

If I do so I will let you know.

Likewise if anyone has cancelled a free night that was booked under a non-refundable rate, then let us know if you got charged.

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
So, I've a BRG night in Madrid IC in March. BRG could not make contact with the hotel. When it was raised with Senior Case managment, they rechecked and revalidated the calim, but also failed to get a reply from the hotel, and advised that refund would occur after stay etc.

I decided to contact the hotel directly. (this is about a month later)

My first email went un-answered.

a week or more later, I emailed again.

2 weeks after that, I got a response from the hotel, saying they'd look into it, and respond no later than 3 days afterwards. Shortly after that I saw the booking go to "call for details". "Great, they've adjusted the rate", I thought. But I got no follow-up email. I was on holidays, so it was 2 weeks before I was able to email asking for the outcome.

They came back saying they had reviewed the issue, and noted that the rate comparision was made using a different currency from their own currency, and had it been made with the same currency, I would see that the BRG would have failed, and thus they reckon they had complied with the program. As a good will gesture, they would offer me club access and an upgrade to a suite.

Thats right, the hotel had actually examined the BRG case and decided to tell the customer they were over-ruling both BRG department and the senior case management, and denying the claim !

Now a few things sprung to mind in my reply to them. First of all, my claim was made when different currencies WERE allowed, and thankfully someone on here had emailed a copied of the original T&C, which I forwarded in my reply. I also reminded them that it was not me that validated the claim, but if had been validated twice by IHG corporate.

I expressed my shock that they would there attempt to deny the claim, and then offer me "upgrades", when a) club access is included in the room thats booked, and b) as a Royal Ambassador I would expect a 2 level room upgrade and all the usual benefits that come with royal ambassador. I asked them to review the issue once more and reply confirming that they would be agreeing with IHG corporates request to adjust the rate to a free night.

To be fair, they came back quickly with a response of:-
"I truly understand your concerns and therefore we will proceed to amend your booking."

I'm *assuming* this means a free night, but of course the room detail is still just showing "call for details", so I can't be sure. I still have the refund route to go down if all else fails.

It is however interesting that this hotel had ALL the details of the BRG claim, including the competitive website and the nature of the comparision. Its also interesting that they thought they could overrule IHG corporate, deny the claim, and enter into negotiations with the customer ?

Last edited by tangey; Dec 8, 2011 at 4:03 am
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:50 am

Unbelievable.

I don't care what positive spin the IHG care folks put on a BRG program that affords properties the permission to do as they please, even if the customer is ultimately reimbursed in the end.

And there's nothing positive you can spin when a BRG claim approved two months ago is still dragging the customer through the mud with back-and-forth "negotiations" with the hotel. I wonder if IHG cares that their current program is very labor intensive when you take into consideration Tangey's continuing saga?

If you'd made a claim with Hyatt, Marriott, etc, you're either approved or denied for whatever reason. Done. Period. End of story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.