Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by cbellero
I am currently looking at one possible claim. Skoosh has a flexible rate with breakfast that is 60 EUR cheaper than the IC rate. However, the Skoosh rate point of now return is 3 days before arrival, whereas the IC rate can still be canceled same day.

Will this be a grounds of rejection?
I ain't saying yes and I ain't saying no - just maybe
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by lsed
CP SIN is fine, they charged my credit card and then had it refunded later before my the date of my stay.

Edit:
And I've already stayed and was billed nothing at checkout.
Would they cancel my reservation if I arrive SIN at 22:30?

Great to hear that things went smoothly - I wrote to them regarding the cc charge and they never write back.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:16 pm

I am currently looking at one possible claim. Skoosh has a flexible rate with breakfast that is 60 EUR cheaper than the IC rate. However, the Skoosh rate point of now return is 3 days before arrival, whereas the IC rate can still be canceled same day.

Will this be a grounds of rejection?
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I ain't saying yes and I ain't saying no - just maybe
A friend of mine had a claim rejected for this reason. But it doesn't hurt to try!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:21 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Is www.thevenetian.com considered an IHG website for the purpose of the BRG? I try booking through www.priorityclub.com, but the link when I click "Select Suite" is broken. I have tried a couple of browsers.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:05 am

Is www.thevenetian.com considered an IHG website for the purpose of the BRG? I try booking through www.priorityclub.com, but the link when I click "Select Suite" is broken. I have tried a couple of browsers.

Any suggestions?
I've had some clever tactics it would appear from IHG staff recently rates suddenly dissapearing on the competitors site some within 10 minutes. My advice dont sumbit an online claim call them and do it over the phone.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
5 weeks after submitting my bank account information, I am still waiting for the reimbursement of my BRG Stay...
How long does it normally take to receive the reimbursement?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
5 weeks after submitting my bank account information, I am still waiting for the reimbursement of my BRG Stay...
How long does it normally take to receive the reimbursement?
Join the club.
It's been 7 weeks for me now and still nothing.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by nacho
Would they cancel my reservation if I arrive SIN at 22:30?

Great to hear that things went smoothly - I wrote to them regarding the cc charge and they never write back.

I wrote to BRG and they told me the hotel itself will reverse the rate and the charge was reversed in my credit account about a week later.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing 2230 should be fine as its a airport hotel. But you should send in an email first to inform them
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:44 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Can I book a room for tomorrow or 2 days away and get it approved successfully over the phone?

I though I read on this thread somewhere that it must be more than a day away. But don't recall seeing it on the PC T&Cs

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Join the club.
It's been 7 weeks for me now and still nothing.
I am a little bit worried as I am expecting a reimbursement too.

Did they say 4 to 6 weeks? May I know if your bank is in US or some other countries?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
To all people looking for refunds

If you have your Case Number, simply call IHG Customer Care (not the BRG), and ask the status.

I had waited and when I finally called, the agent apologized and said that it was in the system but one step had not been done and it was in a hold state. She said I would have my refund in 7-10 days. It came on the 3rd day.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Amb, PC Spire, Turkish Elite, Lufthansa FTL, Amex Plat
Hey, I just claimed an IC Cannes BRG-file. BRG-Guys already verified the rate.

Am I entitled to RA privileges? They don't write anything in their T&C's... so I would expect my upgrade, minibar etc...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
I guess this program has been out there long enough now that some of the BRG reps are familiar with some of the properties who refuse to adjust rates and "buy into the program". I just completed a successful BRG at Mark Hopkins IC in SFO where the rep was 99% sure the hotel wouldn't adjust the rate despite her approving my claim. In my case, the 3rd party pre-tax/fees rate was $7 cheaper than IHG website, while post-tax/fees it was only $0.02 cheaper. She seemed confident this property wouldn't adjust the rate despite the BRG terms and conditions specifying the pre-tax rate has to be at least a $1 difference and taxes/fees are not a part of the BRG program. She went ahead and put through the request for the hotel to adjust the rate, but told me to expect to pay up front and be reimbursed by corporate IHG.

In the meantime, I had a successful claim w/Marriott yesterday where my claim was processed in less than an hour (submit on-line form, wait for reply) and the rate adjusted without incident. No waiting back from the hotel to hear if THEY, too, approve the claim.....no pay up front and wait for reimbursement. Night and day difference between programs.....
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by blindman
Do you have first hand experience of this or are you guessing?
yes, i had a reservation which was changed to complimentary night. The cancellation policy is now non refundable. I am stuck with the reservation, they said that if I will cancel it, I have to pay for the original rate. Good thing, I need to stay at the hotel for that night. And no hassle... Im hapi
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:35 pm

Are they open this holiday?

Is the BRG team open this holiday... I think not! well, lets give them time to rest, anyways its holiday.

Kevin can you please answer this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.