Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
As an update…

There was a glitch in the system that resulted in my original reservation getting cancelled, rebooked and then cancelled again. The only way I knew about it is that I check my reservation online and through my iPhone app daily to see if the rate has been changed to free. Over the course of a week, I received 2 different email confirmations that were listed as hold status. I received a call from Guest Relations on Monday regarding my claim. I was told that they have confirmed with the hotel that my night will be free per the BRG. I asked the senior case manager to please send me a new email as my reservation number had changed and she did:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...es/freebrg.png

So, if anything, I at least have something in writing stating that my night, on the correct confirmation number, is supposed to be free.

However, my new reservation still has a few red flags. First, the rate is not zeroed out. It is still showing at the bookable rate at 2,750 Euros. Second, unlike my original reservation, it shows that I will earn 2,000 points for my stay. My original reservation still showed the rate, but the points to be earned was listed as non-qualifying. Here is a screenshot of my reservation today:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...es/nicrome.png

The only indication of a free night is listed under the Reservation Price Summary where is states “Best Price Guarantee – find a lower price for our hotels elsewhere and your first night is free.” Unlike what I’ve read from others that have had a successful claim, it doesn’t say that I need to call for details or am unable to change this rate online.

I brought this up with the senior case manager and she assures me that she can see that the rate has been zeroed out on her end by the hotel. The reason that I still see the original rate is because corporate cannot manually adjust it. I was told that if I have any problems with the hotel, I am to call Guest Relations and they will take care of it. While I’m sure that the hotel is staffed with English speakers, that has me a little uneasy. The last thing I want to do is spend a few hours of my vacation getting things sorted out so that I can drop my bags and explore Rome.

Has anyone else had their pre-BRG rate viewable after their claim was accepted? I suppose in some way it’s an advantage as I can print it out and highlight the pertinent information. But I don’t recall anyone that was successful telling a similar story.

Last edited by spankytoes; Dec 8, 2011 at 10:04 am
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by samwkchan
I don't believe that they can deny a claim with such a reason. Instant confirmation is instant confirmation. I don't care how the procedures and mechanism work out from the hotel side. What I know is that the booking is instantly confirmed. Period.

Unless they have strong evidence that the instant confirmation is fake, which means the third-party website gives false information, they should honor the claim.

In fact, this question has been raised more than 24 hours ago, so any current lower rate on third-party websites doesn't help as the rate is non-refundable. The only way for the claim to be honored is to persuade BRG team that the confirmation is instant on the third-party website.
I 've came across this problem. i did not get my night. I tried to argue (but did not go through line to line technicalities) and failed. however i had cancellable rates so i just cancelled the rest of the deal. (Or did anyone else had this problem that the website clearly says "Instant Confirmation" and IHG use any obsure reasons to say the claim is invalid?

Did yours no go through as well? never mind it's not you and the booking mentioned looks invalid to me too

Last edited by kaka; Dec 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bunindoven00
what is the third party website?
sorry. since they categorically denied the booking method, hotel.miramartravel.hk
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:51 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Seriously, what is up with the changes in the T&C?

Anyway, where to book China hotels with instant confirmation with rates in RMB?

Ctrip for once does not have instant confirmation.

This BRG seems to be just a marketing gimmick.
Why are you saying that Ctrip does not have instant confirmation? They told me that they do.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Few of you have done BRG with IC Paris. Any tips on websites to use to find cheaper rates?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Has anyone else had their pre-BRG rate viewable after their claim was accepted? I suppose in some way it’s an advantage as I can print it out and highlight the pertinent information. But I don’t recall anyone that was successful telling a similar story.
I have the same experience with CP SIN and HI SFO. Both rates are not zero, and I got e-mail confirmation with the BRG stating very clearly that it' free.

Here's part of the e-mails I got from BRG:

'Please note that due to system limitation, the free night isn’t reflecting. XXXX (Manager) has confirmed that your stay will be a free night.'

'Please be informed that the Reservation Manager of the hotel has agreed to adjust the rate on your reservation. You are scheduled to arrive at the Crowne Plaza XXXXXX on XXXXXX for 1 night. Per our Best Price Guarantee, your first night is complimentary. This rate is not subject to additional adjustments. Please refer to your original confirmation for the cancellation policy. Your confirmation number for this stay is 60455885. You will not see the complimentary rate in your reservation due to system limitation. Please note that the refund process will take approximately 7 to 14 days to process.'

I haven't done any of the stays yet.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:54 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Probably this is handled somewhere in this thread....however, I could not search my way to it.

What happens when the third-party site states that all taxes and fees are included but does not itemize them?

The total with taxes and fees that I am getting via the third party is lower than the room rate at IHG.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:01 am

This whole BRG thing is so annoying. I have a claim that I filed on 5 November that still hasn't been processed yet. I've called several times and have been told that their system is down every single time. They keep saying the night is free but I don't have any written confirmation of that and the rate is still non-zero online.

What a sloppy job on their side -- sometimes these BRGs post fast, one time my friend never actually heard back from the BRG but the night did end up free. I got a room at the IC Boston which was processed without problems, but a friend of mine had a room at the IC Boston which could not process due to system limitations but the general manager said the night would be free.

It's nice getting a night free but it's such a headache to deal with these BRGs...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Originally Posted by BEAV
My reimbursement check arrived exactly 7 days after check-out, even though I was told to expect 4-6 weeks. This was for a domestic U.S. stay and my residence also being U.S.
I've checked out more than 2 months ago and I have still yet to receive my reimbursement.

Anyway, have stopped staying at IHG hotels altogether now and shifted my business elsewhere after this episode of not being refunded.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by nacho
I have the same experience with CP SIN and HI SFO. Both rates are not zero, and I got e-mail confirmation with the BRG stating very clearly that it' free.

Here's part of the e-mails I got from BRG:

'Please note that due to system limitation, the free night isn’t reflecting. XXXX (Manager) has confirmed that your stay will be a free night.'

'Please be informed that the Reservation Manager of the hotel has agreed to adjust the rate on your reservation. You are scheduled to arrive at the Crowne Plaza XXXXXX on XXXXXX for 1 night. Per our Best Price Guarantee, your first night is complimentary. This rate is not subject to additional adjustments. Please refer to your original confirmation for the cancellation policy. Your confirmation number for this stay is 60455885. You will not see the complimentary rate in your reservation due to system limitation. Please note that the refund process will take approximately 7 to 14 days to process.'

I haven't done any of the stays yet.

CP SIN is fine, they charged my credit card and then had it refunded later before my the date of my stay.

Edit:
And I've already stayed and was billed nothing at checkout.

Last edited by lsed; Dec 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by allensun
This is simply incorrect. IHG BRG will allow comparisons to Skoosh as long as:

1) The rate is immediately bookable.
2) The rate is publicly available.

This applies to 3rd party website.

Are you saying this from experience?

Skoosh seems to have good prices, but their site uses a voucher system which I believe may be reason to be invalidated.

Kindly explain why you are sure it will work, as most hotels I'm looking at have adv purchase rates, and I don't want to be burned!

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:33 pm

Can't speak of recent IHG BRG claims but last year I had the claim below approved and in the last 2 months have had SPG and Radisson BRG claims approved using Skoosh

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxx

Name:3544quebec

Priority Club RewardsŪ Number:xxxxxxxx

Hotel Name:
Buenos Aires Intercontinental

Hotel Brand: InterContinentalŪ Hotels & Resorts

Number of Nights: 4

Room Type: Standard

Number of Guests: 2

Special Terms: Breakfast Included on competing site

InterContinental Hotels Group Website Rate: $189 + tax

Lower Rate: $122.41 + tax

Web site address where lower rate was found: www.skoosh.com

Date(s) to which lower rates apply: 26/7-30/7/10
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:03 am

It seems that this thread receives fewer replies than it did two months ago. Let me raise a question to maintain its popularity.

Has anyone heard of any withdrawn case after the claim is validated? I have not known of any as of now and hope that it won't happen on me either. If someone has seen such an unfortunate situation, can you share the reason for the late decline?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan
It seems that this thread receives fewer replies than it did two months ago. Let me raise a question to maintain its popularity.

Has anyone heard of any withdrawn case after the claim is validated? I have not known of any as of now and hope that it won't happen on me either. If someone has seen such an unfortunate situation, can you share the reason for the late decline?
It happened to me. Read all about it in post #617.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:22 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Earlier cancellation terms with Skoosh

I am currently looking at one possible claim. Skoosh has a flexible rate with breakfast that is 60 EUR cheaper than the IC rate. However, the Skoosh rate point of now return is 3 days before arrival, whereas the IC rate can still be canceled same day.

Will this be a grounds of rejection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.