Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by nacho
The thing is that there is no special way to get the price! I typed in the site name and search for a room. I have appealed but they rejected it and refused to verify the rate once more
Did you try the good old "hang up and call again" approach?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by bsb21
Did you try the good old "hang up and call again" approach?
I did everything online - I haven't got any good result over the phone. The fact is that they can say, 'at the time the look the rate is not available'. It doesn't matter you do it online or call - they can always find a reason to say no.

After they denied my claim - they push out a 'business advance' rate which is cheaper but with same terms to beat the comparison site. How nice
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:44 pm

Just got approved for BRG at the Venetian, matched to http://www.mybowlingvacation.com/. First night free, 4 more nights at $106.73+tax. It's a prepaid non-refundable rate, and all I have at the moment is my approved claim number. Said the hotel has to adjust the rate, and that could take a little while since my stay is not until November. Did my BRG over the phone. Room rate of $426.92, instead of original $868. Good deal, even with tax + resort fee tacked on, $103/night at the Venetian total.

Anyone know how Mr. Rebates' 15% works on BRG rooms, how much I'll get back?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by penner42
Just got approved for BRG at the Venetian,...
Congrats! Where did you book the nonrefundable rate for Venetian? All the rates I see are refundable.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ellylex
Congrats! Where did you book the nonrefundable rate for Venetian? All the rates I see are refundable.
My dates are 11/28-12/3. If you're looking at dates closer than 60 days out, it's probably a refundable non-discounted rate.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
Just got approved for BRG at the Venetian, matched to http://www.mybowlingvacation.com/. First night free, 4 more nights at $106.73+tax. It's a prepaid non-refundable rate, and all I have at the moment is my approved claim number. Said the hotel has to adjust the rate, and that could take a little while since my stay is not until November. Did my BRG over the phone. Room rate of $426.92, instead of original $868. Good deal, even with tax + resort fee tacked on, $103/night at the Venetian total.

Anyone know how Mr. Rebates' 15% works on BRG rooms, how much I'll get back?
So... my rate has now been adjusted in my reservation. It shows the correct $106.73 for nights 2-5, but has $100 for the first night. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just a placeholder for the $20/nt resort fee (nope, $100 "service charge" is listed on a separate line)? I'll probably have to contact them about this again, won't I?

Last edited by penner42; Aug 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
I have a free night at the Venetian and palazzo for future stays. Unfortunately my reservations online show a different rate for the same confirmation number. I called the service desk to ensure I did indeed get the compd nights. They confirmed this via email and I also called the hotels to confirm which they did and sent an email as well. The original deposit gets refunded after your stay and will be used for the resort fees. It is strange that the online sites shows random rates but my emails provide comfort.

One question I have is, if you have enrolled in promotions for "staying one night and earning 1000 points within 90 days" will this be earned on the free night?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
If it is free night the answer is no.
Have to be qualifying rate to earn points and trigger bonuses.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:03 am

Though I have to say that I find it unfair that these nights do not count as stays. I understand no points, but should be a qualifying night nevertheless.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Though I have to say that I find it unfair that these nights do not count as stays. I understand no points, but should be a qualifying night nevertheless.
It's a FREE night - you should be happy to get it for free. There is no need to be greedy.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:52 am

It is a free night per a guarantee they are giving. They claim there is no need to look anywhere else, apparently there is.

I do not want any bonus points, I do not want regular points, in fact, I don't even really care about the nights counting towards status - I am just saying that I think they should be.

No greed at all, just what I am thinking.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
It is a free night per a guarantee they are giving. They claim there is no need to look anywhere else, apparently there is.

I do not want any bonus points, I do not want regular points, in fact, I don't even really care about the nights counting towards status - I am just saying that I think they should be.

No greed at all, just what I am thinking.
I agree. The nights we get from successful BRG claims are different from "reward nights", thus should be counted as a stay.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Am I right that its now possible to get a "free" room for 365 days a year!? lol
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flo_147
Am I right that its now possible to get a "free" room for 365 days a year!? lol
In theory, but you'd have to drift endlessly from hotel to hotel every night. I think we should all consider the cost we're imposing on the hotels when claiming BRGs and only take the ones we actually want or need.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:57 pm

Called the Venetian, got an email confirmation with the first night comped, and the right total. Thanks, everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.