Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nacho
Also IHG's AP rate has a 10% refund, so any BRG agent can use this to go against any 3rd party site with AP rate.
This varies from hotel to hotel, the two IHG APs I booked on Friday were 100% non refundable.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:12 pm

Just got back from Boston IC on my BRG - Everything was great.Checked in early at around 1 PM, room was nice King on Club Floor with Access to the Lounge for breakfast and evening hors doevres and beer and wine. Hotel is very nice. Had drinks in the Rum Bar - not very impressed with that. But went next door to the outside lounge at Smith and Wollensky and that was really nice...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You must be lucky because you are not supposed to get through with 'flex vs flex' when IHG has AP rate available. The T&C stated very clearly that you have to book the lowest rate available. I got a rejection once for that reason.
I don't think that's true, as I've been successful many times with best flex when ap was avail, but withe ever changing nature of this thing I'm not too shocked
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I got approved for the BRG after 4 tries. I got Holiday Inn Super Dome New Orleans. First night FREE second Night $110 Plus. ( Feb 4 to Feb 6 ). i was surprised they approved, since it is close to Super Bowl ( Feb 3 in New Orleans. ).
I am waiting for another one. Jan 25 - Jan 27 Same rate . Got first email stating they have contacted the hotel to adjust rates. As soon as the hotel calls them back. They will let me know.

To get the BRG, does the reservation have to be for 2 nights or more ??
Can you reserve for ONE night and then Get the One Night Free ??
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mgn2000
To get the BRG, does the reservation have to be for 2 nights or more ??
Can you reserve for ONE night and then Get the One Night Free ??
Free one night stays are very possible, they're perfect for Saturday-Sunday semi MR trips. The terms do prohibit you booking sequential BRG stays in the same hotel and give the hotel/IHG latitude to punish people trying to violate that restriction. If you need to stay two sequential nights in the same hotel you should have to pay for one. But you can currently have as many free one night stays as you want, as long as you change hotels every night.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I don't know if it's true - but based on my experience. I have done the 'multiple' claims twice, before they introduced the 30 days rule and after they lifted the restriction. After Mr. Nacho and I filed say 4 claims together, the subsequent claims become more and more difficult and we got more and more weird reason to get denied.

Then when I waited a while and filed a single one for Mr. Nacho, then it was approved with no problem at all.

Btw does anyone got an 'update' for their reservation after the claim is approved but without any 'visible' changes?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I just got approved for the second day of dates.
Jan 25- Jan 27 . Holiday Inn New Orleans Superdome.
First Night FREE. Second night 99+.
This one took longer to approve. Since they have approved this BRG claim, can they change their mind ?? and say no ??
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:03 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mgn2000
This one took longer to approve. Since they have approved this BRG claim, can they change their mind ?? and say no ??
Yes -- they sometimes come back to you at a later time and claim they made a mistake. Some posters have made this experience. In one instance they then agreed to make an exception, only to revise that exception again and say granting an exception was also a mistake Pure professionalism at work.

HTB.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got another one approved. The Candlewood Suites BWI. I was shooting for the Staybridge but couldn't find a good comparable 3rd party. Oh well, free is free. This one took FOREVER on hold. I think the guy was new, good grief, he kept coming back on the line every 15 minutes to tell me about his 'progress,' which was painfully slow. Oh well, another one in the bag so no complaints!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:24 pm
Used to be highman123

I think they have gotten much more relaxed lately. They almost want to approve your claim

Just got the IC Frankfurt approved. I could not make out the cancellation policy on the competing site and was ready to accept rejection but it was approved in 10 minutes.

This is now by far the best BRG of all programs. Friendly agents, immediate response and huge success rate.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
After a recent BRG stay, I realized that the hotel had given me a lower room category then the one booked.

The one booked should have been quite a bit larger and had better views.

Too bad that I just realized this. Might shoot an email to the GM.

That's pretty low!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsb21
After a recent BRG stay, I realized that the hotel had given me a lower room category then the one booked.

The one booked should have been quite a bit larger and had better views.

Too bad that I just realized this. Might shoot an email to the GM.

That's pretty low!
I got a 'unsellerable' room at IC Hamburg on BRG too and I complained and got compensation.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think IHG is ganged up with some hotel sites

I have just filed a claim for BRG at an IC hotel. I used xxxxx.com as the comparison rate and it's definitely cheaper than IHG.com's rate. So I thought it should go through, NO, they rejected it and sent me screenshot of the third party site and their rate is the same as IHG's

I double checked again and it was still displaying the lower rate on the very same site that displayed a higher rate when BRG staffs 'found' the higher rate.

So I made a screenshot and sent it back to BRG - I don't expect any miracles though. They rejected it as usual.

I then started a chat with the comparison site CS, they confirmed my rate is the rate!

I suspect IHG has some strange argreement with that site. It is very dodgy and unprofessional .

Last edited by nacho; Aug 29, 2012 at 5:04 am
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:28 am
Used to be highman123

I have just filed a claim for BRG at an IC hotel. I used xxxxx.com as the comparison rate and it's definitely cheaper than IHG.com's rate. So I thought it should go through, NO, they rejected it and sent me screenshot of the third party site and their rate is the same as IHG's

I double checked again and it was still displaying the lower rate on the very same site that displayed a higher rate when BRG staffs 'found' the higher rate.

So I made a screenshot and sent it back to BRG - I don't expect any miracles though. They rejected it as usual.

I then started a chat with the comparison site CS, they confirmed my rate is the rate!

I suspect IHG has some strange argreement with that site. It is very dodgy and unprofessional .
Nah don't be so negative. I had a number of sites that showed slightly different rates depending on the referrer. I think they use their margin to discriminate via sales channel. I described the way I found the rate to the agent and always got a no non-sense approval.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highman123
Nah don't be so negative. I had a number of sites that showed slightly different rates depending on the referrer. I think they use their margin to discriminate via sales channel. I described the way I found the rate to the agent and always got a no non-sense approval.
The thing is that there is no special way to get the price! I typed in the site name and search for a room. I have appealed but they rejected it and refused to verify the rate once more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.