Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by denCSA
As a note to newbies and anyone on the fence.about doing the BRG with IHG: Orlando is very easy, you can book the best flex rate with IHG at many of the hotels (HIX, HI, and SB all had same policies with BF rate) and use another site I referenced in a previous post (yes, you'll have to work for it...) for the 3rd party comparison. It has the same cancellation policies as IHG. Use Orlando to practice if you have a desire to go there, in other words.
You are supposed to book the cheapest rate on ihg.com - as per the terms and condition, do the only have best flex available in Orlando hotels? I have looked in other places and most places do have AP rate as the cheapest.

The issue with IHG BRG is that sometimes they allow you to change the rate into AP when you file a claim using flex rate, but it's not all the time. I have tried that they denied my claim based on that and closed the case - the worst of this is that when they denied it they also shut down the site. So when you tried to look again the rate on the third party site is gone.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Do you have a paid night in between those? If so, it counts as one single reservation, with one night free only.
It's like this 24th BRG approved . 25th ritz Cartlon 26th BRG denied because because it's classed as one stay . I call BS ! I have two case numbers tho not sure what happens from here .

I also did a separate one for a 2k a night room an it got approved within half hour . That's what I call service
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
They again a lot of times seem not to be able to find the found lower rate and the time of verification, but only slightly higher rates that then do not qualify on the same 3rd party site. Sometimes also the room categories magically disappear at the time of verification.

Screenshots do not help as they correctly claim that the rate has to be available at the time of verification.

Nonetheless i scored the IC Dusseldorf a week ago with breakfast, but had a discussion in the hotel, that stated that actually only the night would be for free and i would have to pay for the breakfast if i wanted it.
Here the BRG Desk actually solved the problem for me and called the hotel while i was there to fix this.

So there is a really big ^ from my side for the BRG Desk for this, but at the same moment i can only comment the way of denying claims as very mysterious...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:38 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
It's like this 24th BRG approved . 25th ritz Cartlon 26th BRG denied because because it's classed as one stay . I call BS ! I have two case numbers tho not sure what happens from here .
BS. Time to call the BRG phone line and talk it out.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:06 am

if anyone knows a site that would work for prague please send me a pm

thansk
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:03 am

After further discussion I was told it has been approved and waiting for the hotels response . When I logged into my priority club account the status is showing modified . When I click thru to view reservation details I can not see any more information . Is this correct ?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:50 am

After further discussion I was told it has been approved and waiting for the hotels response . When I logged into my priority club account the status is showing modified . When I click thru to view reservation details I can not see any more information . Is this correct ?
That's the way it should be. Well, not should be, but this is what a proper BRG booking looks like on the amazing Holidex
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by piiit
They again a lot of times seem not to be able to find the found lower rate and the time of verification, but only slightly higher rates that then do not qualify on the same 3rd party site. Sometimes also the room categories magically disappear at the time of verification.

Screenshots do not help as they correctly claim that the rate has to be available at the time of verification.

Nonetheless i scored the IC Dusseldorf a week ago with breakfast, but had a discussion in the hotel, that stated that actually only the night would be for free and i would have to pay for the breakfast if i wanted it.
Here the BRG Desk actually solved the problem for me and called the hotel while i was there to fix this.

So there is a really big ^ from my side for the BRG Desk for this, but at the same moment i can only comment the way of denying claims as very mysterious...
I've said it before, I'll say it again. For me those free nights were never easier to get than now. However, I do a LOT of research before filing a claim. So far, not a single one has been declined.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Yes, this is correct, Once the Hotel has approved. You cannot see the reservation online. Just to make sure, call the hotel directly and ask them the rate. They will tell you one night is complimentary.
I could not see my reservation, so I called the Hotel directly and it was confirmed, my One night was free.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgn2000
Yes, this is correct, Once the Hotel has approved. You cannot see the reservation online. Just to make sure, call the hotel directly and ask them the rate. They will tell you one night is complimentary.
I could not see my reservation, so I called the Hotel directly and it was confirmed, my One night was free.
Not mine, I still have the full price shown and they told me that the hotel has adjusted to comp.

So far my experience is that IC is the only one that 'disappeared' from ordinary ressie. Sometimes I got an updated 'house comp' rate and sometimes not.

You might be able to see it in IHG's mobile website - as stated in one of the earliest posts.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I've said it before, I'll say it again. For me those free nights were never easier to get than now. However, I do a LOT of research before filing a claim. So far, not a single one has been declined.
So do i.

But if Best-Flex is the Best Available Rate and on really short notice to arrival date it is actually not the easiest thing to find matching sites that provide all the requested conditions.

And if the prices then magically go up or room categories disappear the whole thing smells a bit fishy.

If there is time and availability for AP as BestAvailable it is a lot easier and you almost always find cheaper 3rd party sites that qualify.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:10 am

I submitted a BRG for a room and then asked a fellow friend to submit it for the following night. My got denied and his got aprroved . So once they discover the lower price do they take it off the system so no othe people can take advantage of it ? I think it's very hardto find exact for exact with THe boat website
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So once they discover the lower price do they take it off the system so no othe people can take advantage of it ?
Yep tried this 'n' times. So if you see a chance, keep filing all the claims you need.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by piiit
So do i.

But if Best-Flex is the Best Available Rate and on really short notice to arrival date it is actually not the easiest thing to find matching sites that provide all the requested conditions.

And if the prices then magically go up or room categories disappear the whole thing smells a bit fishy.

If there is time and availability for AP as BestAvailable it is a lot easier and you almost always find cheaper 3rd party sites that qualify.
That's why you need to really look because IHG's system is messy and there are various chances that will improve your BRG success:

1. really check the terms (best flex is not necessary cancellable 6pm local time on check-in day) on IHG;

2. check ALL the room types - it's easier to find BRG on those hotels that have tons of types of room - not necessary all the rooms have AP rate;

3. I have seen hotel with AP but no AP with breakfast.

I got a denial for one of my IC Berlin nights, if I had booked AP and then screwed up that would have cost me a lot (AP rate for junior suite is EUR 250) without any lounge access/brekkie! YMMV
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by nacho
That's why you need to really look because IHG's system is messy and there are various chances that will improve your BRG success:

1. really check the terms (best flex is not necessary cancellable 6pm local time on check-in day) on IHG;

2. check ALL the room types - it's easier to find BRG on those hotels that have tons of types of room - not necessary all the rooms have AP rate;

3. I have seen hotel with AP but no AP with breakfast.

I got a denial for one of my IC Berlin nights, if I had booked AP and then screwed up that would have cost me a lot (AP rate for junior suite is EUR 250) without any lounge access/brekkie! YMMV
I am aware of all of these points.

And the smart way of booking Flexible, file a claim and then change to AP is somethin that formerly worked well and, as you already stated' still works, but sometimes it does not.

I actually believe that depending on the record of filed claims from a client and the development of such is also something that tends to have an influence on the decisions. They sometimes do not have such a 'hard' look at all the requested facts, but seem to be customer friendly and then again they give others a hard time.

It is still a really lucrative game with some effort, but a really high value if you 'win'.

Also: Status Benefits such as RA are granted as well, at least in parts and in most cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.