Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by kaka
dont say you're ambassador. no reason to. adding it later will still get you those benefits. is your 20000 rate flexible? if not you dont have to compare with a flexible rate. if it is just tell the agent you're a member and if you book it it's a flex rate (make sure you call and not use the online form. it's give you much faster response and you can "bargain" with the agent if sth goes wrong)... dont hang up until it's settled. tell the person you can wait on hold while he/she checks with the hotel or whatever.
I have one BRG experience of the above. BRG accepted the claim (at a holdiay Inn), give me the night for free, but noted that I would have to pay the 2nd person supplement directly to the hotel, as its not included.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I got an e-mail from BRG dept confirming the free night. The e-mail looks different than the previous e-mails I received from them:

Please be informed that the Free Night is subject to the hotel’s regular cancellation policy as described below:

'A deposit for the entire stay is due at time of booking. Canceling your reservation or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Taxes may apply.'

The fact is that if it's free, why should there be a deposit?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:51 am

First Night Free --DEAD?

As of this Friday morning, it appears that the First Night Free may be dead --changed to a 10% off the lower rate found. Will report further as investigation proceeds. But don't do what I just did --booked a non0refundable and then found that there may be a change in policy.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Just checked on IHG.com and didn't see any changes.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by bsb21
Just checked on IHG.com and didn't see any changes.
Yep, here's what I'm seeing on IHG.com

Best Price Guarantee
The Best Price Guarantee is our promise that the best hotel room prices for any InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) property can be found directly on our Web sites. If you find a lower price on a competing Web site for the same hotel, type of accommodations and rate restrictions on the same date(s), we’ll not only match that lower price, we’ll give you your first night free. It's that simple.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:54 am

Me Bad

I think my first post sugesting the First Night Free is Dead is inocrrect. My basis was that on the PriorityClub.com website, under customer service a click on the Best Rate Guarantee listing on the left leads to the 10% language. But a check with the telephone service center indicates that it is still a first night free.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
I think my first post sugesting the First Night Free is Dead is inocrrect. My basis was that on the PriorityClub.com website, under customer service a click on the Best Rate Guarantee listing on the left leads to the 10% language. But a check with the telephone service center indicates that it is still a first night free.
No worries. It was, after all, a believeable rumor based on the way things have been going with this program....
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: IC RA
Hi all,

New to this thread but would like a bit of advice please

I have found a rate for a UK hotel on the IHG site for an AP rate at £207.20 plus VAT making a total of £248.64 ( the amount shown on the IHG site is £207.20 as London hotels do not show the tax included)

I have found a rate on a 3rd party site for £236.00 (this price is non refundable and also includes all taxes with no breakdown shown but clearly states on the site inclusive price).

Do you think a BRG will be honoured

thanks for your help in advance
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Whether the claim would be accepted and whether it would be honored are two totally different discussions. But, in your case, the answer is "no" to both.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by torcross
Hi all,

New to this thread but would like a bit of advice please

I have found a rate for a UK hotel on the IHG site for an AP rate at £207.20 plus VAT making a total of £248.64 ( the amount shown on the IHG site is £207.20 as London hotels do not show the tax included)

I have found a rate on a 3rd party site for £236.00 (this price is non refundable and also includes all taxes with no breakdown shown but clearly states on the site inclusive price).

Do you think a BRG will be honoured

thanks for your help in advance
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Whether the claim would be accepted and whether it would be honored are two totally different discussions. But, in your case, the answer is "no" to both.
Can't he phone up the BRG desk and wait on the line until they contact the other company and ask for a breakdown of before tax and after tax prices?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Obviously you know as little as me on the BRG. I took the advice from Mabromovich and booked a flexi rate then called the BRG claim number they advised I change my rate from flexi to AP (I did this on the phone) and this was then accepted.

To get the base rate from the 3rd party price they deducted the tax off the overall cost, when this price was lower than the AP (price shown for London hotels is without tax initially) on the IHG site the claim was accepted.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Great BRG first stay experience

Ive just checked out from my first BRG booked room. Top experience with this property, crowne plaza,Northwood,Dublin airport.

This is a property that charges for a 2nd person, and as per the BRG T&C, this is charge is not covered by the BRG.

On checkin, was immediately made aware that room was set to comp, and that they had my status (Roy amb/ plat). Went on to say they had upgraded me from standard double to 4th floor executive room. On enquiring, confirmed that breakfast was included in the rate.

Got to the room, ( will do a separate review of the hotel), room is right across from exec lounge (didn't know hotel had one). Phoned to see if access was included, "of course sir, your room key will allow access"

On checkout, all that had to be paid was the dinner/drinks we had in the bar, and €6 parking, 2nd person breakfast (€18) was also comped.

Nice staff, greet result for the BRG
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:40 am

I have one urgent question. I have booked a advance purchase rate at an IHG hotel. IHG offer only a advance-purchase rate without breakfast for 150 Euro (Standard-room).

I have found it at a 3rd competion site for 100 Euro (Standard-room) but included breakfast, also as an advance-purchase rate.

Normally I think, it should not be a problem to get an BRG, but after apply for that I get the answer of IHG BRG:

"We are unable to compare this to the lower rate on the competing website since this comes with breakfast

"As per Terms and Conditions –

Packages Comparison. Room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages. These package or inclusive rates must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items.

Because the terms of the program were not met, your reservation did not qualify for the guarantee."

My questions:

Does they act correct? I understand this "Packages Comparison" only as an term if I book a package rate at IHG.com and want to compare it with an 3rd competition site without this benefits.

What do you think, any chance to protest? Do you have got an BRG for the same case?

Thanks for your support in advance

Last edited by SunshineMouse; Nov 19, 2011 at 8:15 am
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by torcross
Obviously you know as little as me on the BRG. I took the advice from Mabromovich and booked a flexi rate then called the BRG claim number they advised I change my rate from flexi to AP (I did this on the phone) and this was then accepted.

To get the base rate from the 3rd party price they deducted the tax off the overall cost, when this price was lower than the AP (price shown for London hotels is without tax initially) on the IHG site the claim was accepted.
Grats?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
I managed to get a BRG at the IC Mark Hopkins because of a lower rate on Hotelopia.com

An easy way to find potential BRGs for IHG (and also Starwood) is to use hotelpricebot.com. This searches all of the sites.

Hotelopia.com, as well as DHR.com, getaroom.com, easyclicktravel.com, and Otel.com seem to yield the most successes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.