Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Hotel getting upset because the hotel is the one that pays for the stay when the claim is granted. So doing it twice is 'abusing' the system, especially if the hotel treats you like a special guest
I would argue it's "using," but not "abusing," the system.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:56 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mabramovich
You're not doing anything against their terms and conditions, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?
The question is how do you define "cannot be named on the reservation" for a second BRG within 30 days. In Japan all foreigners have to be registered by the hotel by law, so there's no way for me to just sneak in...

HTB.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Contact BBB and your state attorney general. IHG's "strongest best rate guarantee in the industry" is deceptive advertizing at best. The "no currency conversion" clause in the fine print is not imposed by any of IHG's competitors, which in an important aspect makes IHG's guarantee the worst in the industry.
Although I am a deal hunter like most people reading this thread, I would say it is hard to say the BRG of IHG is deceptive in legal sense. The word "strongest" is just qualitative but not quantitative. There is no official or commonly recognized way to compare the strength of best price guarantees of different hotel chains. For example, I cannot claim I am the tallest person on the globe because the height of a person is (somehow) well-defined, but I can claim my homemade omelet is the best in the world because it is the only omelet I like.

I understand that their claim is quite deceptive from our point of view, but we have no way to complain legally.

(Disclaimer: I am not a legal professional. No part of my comments is legal advice.)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by kwh191
What in everyones opinion is the best site to compare rates now that you can't select hotels by chain on kayak or hotelscombined. Looking for an easy way. (I'm sure everyone is)
It is always challenging. If you find a lower rate on a best-known site like hotels.com, many others may score a free room ahead of you easily, alerting a change of rate by IHG. Local websites, especially those not covered by kayak.com or hotelscombined.com, offer better chance. Don't forget the same-currency rule. It further limits the choice of websites to local websites in general if the hotel currency is not as widely used as USD, EUR, GBP and JPY.

Let's think in the other way. If the lower rates on competitors are very readily available everywhere, IHG will withdraw the BRG. The difficulty in finding lower rates makes the scheme sustainable.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:53 pm

check this site

Originally Posted by kwh191
What in everyones opinion is the best site to compare rates now that you can't select hotels by chain on kayak or hotelscombined. Looking for an easy way. (I'm sure everyone is)
You may try this website: octopustravel.com, tripadvisor.com, travelbag.co.uk, 123bookhotels.com.

I have been sending BRG claims and I always get a free night.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by zacktravel
I had booked the Venetian in Las Vegas, found a better rate and sent in a BRG request. It was denied. The competing web site shows all rooms as "Standard Room". The room I booked at Venetian was a King Suite. When I got the denial, I emailed the BRG people back and explained that the Venetian has no Standard rooms, and that they are all suites. It didn't matter, still denied. I cancelled the reservation. Never had this kind of issue with Marriott or Hyatt BRG.
Hello are you dumb? it says on their Terms, same exact room type. You cannot compare a suite room to a standard, these 2 rooms are different. In size, features, amenities. It so unfair comparing this rooms. You must have thought about it.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Hey guys,
Just wondering if Skoosh is usable for BRG?
I searched but only found one result in this thread with no indication if it's usable?

Thanks!
Do not use Skoosh you will be invalidated.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by htb
The question is how do you define "cannot be named on the reservation" for a second BRG within 30 days. In Japan all foreigners have to be registered by the hotel by law, so there's no way for me to just sneak in...

HTB.
You have to be careful with this, even if your wife is on the 2nd reservation, once the hotel caught you, you will be block-listed. You also need to present a government id upon checking. So be aware of having multiple reservations and you as the second guest.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:12 pm

IHG BPG Hotline is CLOSED during Thanksgiving!

Its Thanksgiving!!!

BPG hotline is closed for the Holiday until Sunday!!!!
:-::-::-:
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bunindoven00

I have been sending BRG claims and I always get a free night.
Welcome! And kind of you to use your first ever post on FT to tell us this ...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by htb
I've managed to score a BRG with an IC in Tokyo.

Now, has anyone managed to have their partner make another claim for the next night -- and stay without the hotel getting upset? The IC in Tokyo is rather small and I remember that they recognized me each time I entered or left...

HTB.
We'll be in the same situation too during x'mas. We filed 2 claims, 1 for Mr.Nacho and 1 for Mrs. Nacho, and both got approved. It's well within the T&C of BRG - 1 person per claim. I think what matters is that there shouldn't be the same name on both reservations.

I will definitely not tell them that I'll return the next day. Check out as usual and check back in again later in the day.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I tried to do a BRG claim for CP LAX on Sunday on their online form. I still have not heard anything from them even today. Is this normal? Should I call them to check?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:58 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
I can confirm that the Help Desk will be open 24/7.

Kevin
IHGCare

Originally Posted by bunindoven00
Its Thanksgiving!!!

BPG hotline is closed for the Holiday until Sunday!!!!
:-::-::-:
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by bsb21
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Tom-Schmidtt:

Wow...

Then you might be interested in my email...

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on 13 APRIL 2012 at the InterContinental De La Ville Roma..
In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number xxxxxx we will reimburse the amount you paid via check which you can expect to receive in 4 - 6 weeks. Please provide us your complete mailing address where you would like your check to be sent. Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

I'm the person keeping you from the penthouse that night and got the same email. I made my booking and claim on 9/28/11.

At least you got offered a discount
__________________________________________________ _________________

We have two BRG's for the Penthouse on the same night?

WOW! True FT spirit!

Hahaha how cool is that...I also got the Penthouse for 13.4. ... so the technical difficulties are due to the fact that they had more than their 2 Penthouses given away lol

So, bsb21, wanna take the red or the blue penthouse?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
^ Wow, awesome! congrats guys!!

Last edited by lsed; Nov 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.