Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by IHG Care
You are correct the Hours of Operations for English is 24 Hours Per Day.

I believe I have the hours of operations correct and up to date on all our our links.
Kevin.
IHGCare
You believe incorrectly.

I first mentioned this issue in post #671 on the 31st of Oct.
I again mentioned this issue, quoting the exact page URL and quoting verbatim from the page that show non-24hr numbers in BOLD in message #759 on the 8th of Nov.

That page is still showing that no geographical area has 24 hr numbers. This was in fact the very page you pointed us towards in post #750 as having "All The Right Numbers". They may or may not be the right numbers, but they definitely do NOT have the right times. I am surprised that as you used the page as your definitive source, it wasn't first one that you confirmed the accuracy of, in relation to the times of operation.

This is at the point of being comedic.

Last edited by tangey; Nov 16, 2011 at 10:01 am
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
WTH? as soon as I booked a refundable suite (king bed) on IHG, all the availability of that type of room are gone from the IHG site for that date. i.e. searching in IHG no longer yield any suite (king bed for 2 adults 1 kid). Expedia.com still shows these suites for a much lower price. I am calling them to do a BRG.
Got shot down due to the fact expedia.com is showing USD which is not the same currency IHG is showing. I give up.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
Got shot down due to the fact expedia.com is showing USD which is not the same currency IHG is showing. I give up.
That sucks. But if the rate is on expedia, it's probably somewhere else as well. Keep at it!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
The hammer finally fell on me tonight. Had a valid claim that was accepted on 9/28/11 and just received the "Due to technical difficulty, we will have to pay you back" email. I spent 30 minutes on the phone pleading my case. It's getting escalated to a manager...which means I'll never hear back from them again. The explanation is that it's a glitch with the hotel. Apparently, this glitch will take 5 months to fix as I'm not scheduled to arrive at the IC Rome until April 2012.

We splurged in a lot of areas with the hotel savings and now we're stuck. I have 2 emails from CSR telling me in no uncertain terms that my night will be free. Guess I'll have to rely on the Carlson promo to come through, though the Radisson Blu doesn't look nearly as nice.

IHG offered a challenge, I accepted, I won and they welched. Perhaps it's time to change the T&C of the Best Rebate Guarantee program another time

What a joke...
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by spankytoes
The hammer finally fell on me tonight. Had a valid claim that was accepted on 9/28/11 and just received the "Due to technical difficulty, we will have to pay you back" email. I spent 30 minutes on the phone pleading my case. It's getting escalated to a manager...which means I'll never hear back from them again. The explanation is that it's a glitch with the hotel. Apparently, this glitch will take 5 months to fix as I'm not scheduled to arrive at the IC Rome until April 2012.

We splurged in a lot of areas with the hotel savings and now we're stuck. I have 2 emails from CSR telling me in no uncertain terms that my night will be free. Guess I'll have to rely on the Carlson promo to come through, though the Radisson Blu doesn't look nearly as nice.

IHG offered a challenge, I accepted, I won and they welched. Perhaps it's time to change the T&C of the Best Rebate Guarantee program another time

What a joke...
So you are gonna give up the Penthouse Suite? I am still going and prepared to have a pissing war with IHG to get my money back (I hope that it wont come to this).

And yes, the Radisson Blu Rome seems to have many negative reviews online. Even with the 80 EUR rate (including breakfast), I am still not going to go there.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:39 am

"Technical glitch"

This is just deliberately false info, and I know this, because I have been personal told on the phone by a sernior case manager that the Hotel is refusing to adjust rates (and even refused to acknowledge his emails !). We have also been told on here by IHG personnel that some hotels are refusing to adjust. It has NOTHING to do with technology, and all to do with IHG corporates inability to get its sub-serveant hotels to do what they are told.

My IC rome stay is in July, BRG matched in Oct.

I suggest that if you are not going ahead with your stay, then you leave it to the last minute of time that you can cancel your reservation. At least that'll almost guarantee they won't get any revenue from the room (who books a penthouse at the last minute ?)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by bsb21
So you are gonna give up the Penthouse Suite? I am still going and prepared to have a pissing war with IHG to get my money back (I hope that it wont come to this).

And yes, the Radisson Blu Rome seems to have many negative reviews online. Even with the 80 EUR rate (including breakfast), I am still not going to go there.
Oh, I'm going to fight it tooth and nail. But I'd be wise to have a backup plan just in case. My ideal scenario, sans IHG following through with the Guarantee as promised, is for IHG to front me the money. If they want to prepay the reservation with the hotel for me, I'm good with that. But I know that's not going to happen. As there is no chance of me having an extra $4K to part with for 4-6 weeks, especially when they've proven that they don't follow through already, I'll have no recourse but to cancel my reservation before I depart. In the end, it saves the hotel money...so it's a no win for me. They probably weren't going to rent the Penthouse that night anyway.

I'll be the first to sing their praises if they recant and deliver. I just don't understand why I have to jump through a lot of hoops for such a simple proposition. My part in this should be done until check-in.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:08 am

Is there any chance to get a BRG verified by the BRG team for the following situation:

At ihg.com - Standard room with breakfast
At a 3-rd site - Double room with breakfast

In my opionion it's the same, but I think this will not be valid due to the T&C of IHG. What do you think about this? Is there any chance? Or do you have same and get a valid BRG?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by SunshineMouse
Is there any chance to get a BRG verified by the BRG team for the following situation:

At ihg.com - Standard room with breakfast
At a 3-rd site - Double room with breakfast

In my opionion it's the same, but I think this will not be valid due to the T&C of IHG. What do you think about this? Is there any chance? Or do you have same and get a valid BRG?

I've had a sucessful claim when IHG had "Standard Room" and 3rd party had "Standard Double Room" and "standard Twin Room" as two separate room types. Definition on IHG for "standard room" was hotel would try to accomodate your request as best as possible at time of checkin.
I (and apparently BRG) viewed it as a match based on the fact that the difference in room determination was in favour of the 3rd party site.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:27 am

A follow-up to my successful claim for HI, Belfast. On receipt of the email from the hotel, I noticed they insert "COMP ROOM ONLY", when the claim was for a breakfast rate. I advised BRG dept. Today, a few days later, I received an email for BRG confirming that they had dealt wth the issue.

Interesting, my booking which previously had turned into "phone for details" is now viewable again. Rate type says "book early and save with breakfast", Rate rules says "advanced purchase required", but now has "NULL" after it, and under special request it says "PRICE GUARANTEE3902/11NOV2011/XXXXXXXX Rate Adjusted to FREE Night"

(XXXXXX being my claim number).

So a good result here.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus

What a joke...
Welcome to my world. IHG is now on the hook to reimburse me $1200 for my stay at Montelucia Scottsdale two nights ago. We'll see how long it takes....

I, too, was given the "technical glitch" excuse. It's too bad they can't raise the bar a little in the truth and ethics department and be a little more genuine with their explanations...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:52 am

Oh, I'm going to fight it tooth and nail. But I'd be wise to have a backup plan just in case. My ideal scenario, sans IHG following through with the Guarantee as promised, is for IHG to front me the money. If they want to prepay the reservation with the hotel for me, I'm good with that. But I know that's not going to happen.
Its not going to happen..because IMO the hotel has decided it is going to fight when IHG invoice them for the money they end up giving you after the stay. IHG know this, so the last thing they want to do is give the hotel the money up front.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Anyone thought of using a credit card charge back on already approved BRG bookings with hotel refusing to adjust the rate (i.e. following IHG's policy)?

If we have written confirmation from BRG dept. that the night will be complimentary (or do they actually send this email before the hotel actually adjusts the rate?), if we get charged at the hotel, we can file a dispute with the credit card issuer supplying evidence from BRG.

Amex Platinum comes to my mind first as those who would accept and handle these types of disputes in reasonable manners.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Anyone thought of using a credit card charge back on already approved BRG bookings with hotel refusing to adjust the rate (i.e. following IHG's policy)?

If we have written confirmation from BRG dept. that the night will be complimentary (or do they actually send this email before the hotel actually adjusts the rate?), if we get charged at the hotel, we can file a dispute with the credit card issuer supplying evidence from BRG.

Amex Platinum comes to my mind first as those who would accept and handle these types of disputes in reasonable manners.

Thoughts?
I've been pondering the same thing, and may have to go this route if after 6 weeks I don't receive a check from IHG. And, yes, the email confirming your approved BRG comes before later finding out the hotel won't honor or adjust your rate.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
BRG Claim confirmed, but room not available...

I have a confirmed BRG claim for the IC Rome Penthouse suite , best flexible rate,
now i got an email by the hotel, that due to technical problems the penthouse suite is sold out and that they offer me the next lower room category (Executive Suite with terrace) at a discounted rate ( see email below).
So it seems that the IC Rome is not willing to adjust the rate as complimentary.
On one hand I have a valid claim on the other hand there is the IHG Booking guarantee:

Booking on PriorityClub.com is the best way to guarantee your room. If for any reason your reservation cannot be honored, Priority Club Rewards will provide you with a room and transportation to another convenient and comparable hotel. And, we’ll pay for the full cost of the first night’s lodging price, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded to you.

Any suggestions how to react? Anyone of you have experience with the booking guarantee?

Here are the Emails I got from IHG and from the Hotel:

Dear XXX

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on 13 APRIL 2012 at the InterContinental De La Ville Roma.

In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number XXX , we will reimburse the amount you paid via check which you can expect to receive in 4 - 6 weeks. Please provide us your complete mailing address where you would like your check to be sent. Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Sincerely,

XXX
Best Price Guarantee
Guest Relations
InterContinental Hotels Group
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXX

The reason for my call was that, unfortunately due to technical reasons the Penthouse suite you have booked for April 13/14 2012 is actually not available. We have a total of two Penthouse suites and both have been already booked for the dates of your stay. Therefore, I regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the Penthouse suite for your stay.
However, as an alternative I have assigned our Executive suite with Terrace and city views (the next suite just below the Penthouse suite category). This suite consists of one bedroom with a corner sitting room, a large terrace with spectacular city views. Normally, the rate for this suite is Euro 1650.00 daily, 10% tax to be added.
Due to the inconvenience caused, we are pleased to confirm this suite at the daily rate of Euro 1,000.00 daily, inclusive of american buffet breakfast for two. 10% tax to be added . Please note, due to your Royal Ambassador status, we have provided a lower rate than our normal Suite with separate sitting room rate.

Rates are excluding the city tax of Euro 3.00 per person per day.

All other details remain as orginally booked.

Looking forward to receiving your acknowledgement.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely,
XXX

Reservation Manager

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.