FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:40 am
SunshineMouse

I have one urgent question. I have booked a advance purchase rate at an IHG hotel. IHG offer only a advance-purchase rate without breakfast for 150 Euro (Standard-room).

I have found it at a 3rd competion site for 100 Euro (Standard-room) but included breakfast, also as an advance-purchase rate.

Normally I think, it should not be a problem to get an BRG, but after apply for that I get the answer of IHG BRG:

"We are unable to compare this to the lower rate on the competing website since this comes with breakfast

"As per Terms and Conditions –

Packages Comparison. Room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages. These package or inclusive rates must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items.

Because the terms of the program were not met, your reservation did not qualify for the guarantee."

My questions:

Does they act correct? I understand this "Packages Comparison" only as an term if I book a package rate at IHG.com and want to compare it with an 3rd competition site without this benefits.

What do you think, any chance to protest? Do you have got an BRG for the same case?

Thanks for your support in advance

Last edited by SunshineMouse; Nov 19, 2011 at 8:15 am