Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
After posting that all my claims have been answered within 24hrs, I had my mother file a claim.

Its been over 48 hours and still nothing.

Sad little operation you have going here, IHG!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Filed a successful BRG over the phone last Sunday for a stay at IC Montelucia Scottsdale this coming Sunday. Sent an email yesterday asking for an update when my rate would be adjusted and received this response:

Originally Posted by Best Price Guarantee Support Desk
Dear XXX,

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk.!

Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on November 13 at the InterContinental MONTELUCIA RESORT & SPA. In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number XXXXXX, we will reimburse the amount you paid via check which you can expect to receive in 4 - 6 weeks.

Please provide us your complete mailing address where you would like your check to be sent.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Sincerely,

Best Price Guarantee

Guest Relations

InterContinental Hotels Group

Phone 800.447.2981

Email: [email protected]

www.ihg.com/bestprice

Reference No. XXXXXX
"Technical difficulties???"

Anyone heard that line lately?

IHG Care folks, any advice?

Last edited by BEAV; Nov 9, 2011 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
I wanted to acknowledge that IHGKevin reached out to me via PM offering to look into my case. While I didn't take him up on his offer, as the ball's in IC Rome's court, I appreciate the fact the he took the time to respond.

I am going to send the hotel an email directly to see if I can get a response.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by tangey
It is clear from this forum, that IC rome is determined NOT to abide by the guarantee. I have a similar situation in IC Madrid. IC madrid have even totally failed to respond to an email I sent asking for the status of the booking, that is just totally rude, do they ignore enquiries that they don't like. ?
Just back from A BRG stay at the IC Madrid. I had my claim validated by phone, but no e-mail. Upon checking out, when asked for payment, I said the room is free under the BRG and here is my claim number. A supervisor was called as they said they had no info about this. It was very clear that no one there had even heard of the BRG and I had to explain it to them. They were upset that no one had at IC had explained the BRG, but took my case number and US BRG phone number and did not charge my credit card. Took about 1/2 an hour sorting this out. So, I believe this was a success. Hopefully they will know how to deal with BRG claims by the time you arrive.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 10, 2011 at 12:42 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by BEAV
Filed a successful BRG over the phone last Sunday for a stay at IC Montelucia Scottsdale this coming Sunday. Sent an email yesterday asking for an update when my rate would be adjusted and received this response:

Originally Posted by Best Price Guarantee Support Desk
Dear XXX,

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk.!

Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on November 13 at the InterContinental MONTELUCIA RESORT & SPA. In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number XXXXXX, we will reimburse the amount you paid via check which you can expect to receive in 4 - 6 weeks.

Please provide us your complete mailing address where you would like your check to be sent.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Sincerely,

Best Price Guarantee

Guest Relations

InterContinental Hotels Group

Phone 800.447.2981

Email: [email protected]

www.ihg.com/bestprice

Reference No. XXXXXX
"Technical difficulties???"

Anyone heard that line lately?

IHG Care folks, any advice?
If it's 6 weeks, they will have to add credit card interest fees.

I was told within two weeks for the check. What the heck is 6 weeks? Jeez!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by bsb21
If it's 6 weeks, they will have to add credit card interest fees.

I was told within two weeks for the check. What the heck is 6 weeks? Jeez!
What remains a mystery to me is why the non-compliant properties keep their stance when, according to IHG corporate, the $$-amount will ultimately get charged back to the hotel. Why drag the guest through all this mess when the ultimate result to the hotel will be the same as if they honored the BRG in the first place. ????
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Montacute
Just back from A BRG stay at the IC Madrid. I had my claim validated by phone, but no e-mail. Upon checking out, when asked for payment, I said the room is free under the BRG and here is my claim number. A supervisor was called as they said they had no info about this. It was very clear that no one there had even heard of the BRG and I had to explain it to them. They were upset that no one had at IC had explained the BRG, but took my case number and US BRG phone number and did not charge my credit card. Took about 1/2 an hour sorting this out. So, I believe this was a success. Hopefully they will know how to deal with BRG claims by the time you arrive.
I'm sorry but they can not NOT know about it. I've have the BRG dept email them a number of times, I had a senior case mananger email them and confirm to me that they had failed to respond to him. I have emailed them.

They know all about it.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by BEAV
What remains a mystery to me is why the non-compliant properties keep their stance when, according to IHG corporate, the $$-amount will ultimately get charged back to the hotel. Why drag the guest through all this mess when the ultimate result to the hotel will be the same as if they honored the BRG in the first place. ????
Perhaps they are considering NOT paying the invoice that IHG sends them, and seeing where that takes them.

There are clearly some hotels that rely heavily on their IHG branding and IHG's advertising to get their bookings, and these hotels immediately comply. There appear to be some however who view the IHG branding as a nice extra to have, and perhaps want the benefits, but not the costs ?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by tangey
I'm sorry but they can not NOT know about it. I've have the BRG dept email them a number of times, I had a senior case mananger email them and confirm to me that they had failed to respond to him. I have emailed them.

They know all about it.
Somebody at the hotel I am sure knew about it, but believe me, the CSA and supervisor I was dealing with had no idea what I was talking about. It took a long time to explain what the BRG even was since I don't speak Spanish. They even expressed frustration that no one told them about this. Perhaps one person is getting the e-mails and ignoring them.

Anyway, just trying to let you know what you might expect once you arrive.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Successful BRG: IHG Century City Los Angeles

I managed to get a succesful BRG rate at the IHG, this time at the IHG Century City (in Los Angeles) for November. I used hotelscombined.com to find the better rate (searches various other engines for rates). I made a reservation (refundable) on ihg.com, then called in the BRG number. They accepted the rate from hotelopia.com.

The call took about 8-10 minutes with the CSR looked up the rate and confirmed it. Several hours later, I got the confirmation for the free first night and rate match for the 2nd night. I believe they had to contact the hotel directly to get the rate change before sending me the confirmation email.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by allensun
I managed to get a succesful BRG rate at the IHG, this time at the IHG Century City (in Los Angeles) for November. I used hotelscombined.com to find the better rate (searches various other engines for rates). I made a reservation (refundable) on ihg.com, then called in the BRG number. They accepted the rate from hotelopia.com.

The call took about 8-10 minutes with the CSR looked up the rate and confirmed it. Several hours later, I got the confirmation for the free first night and rate match for the 2nd night. I believe they had to contact the hotel directly to get the rate change before sending me the confirmation email.
Did the wording in the email you received confirm the rate had been adjusted, or did it merely say they were contacting the hotel to request your rate be modified?

If your rate has already been modified, you should get a response of "unable to view this reservation on line" if you try to access it on the IHG website. If you are able to access your booking, and the original rate still displays, this is generally an indication the hotel has not yet adjusted your rate. Good luck!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
For all the successful BRG stays, have the nights appeared as a 'qualifying night' in your PC account?

Also, please specify if you had the rate adjusted to zero, or if you paid in full and IHC said they would reimburse you.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by janetdoe
For all the successful BRG stays, have the nights appeared as a 'qualifying night' in your PC account?

Also, please specify if you had the rate adjusted to zero, or if you paid in full and IHC said they would reimburse you.
for my case, the rate was adjusted to zero.
the stay showed as non-qualifying stay with zero points.

I don't mind not getting any points for a night I did not have to pay for
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by serkan
for my case, the rate was adjusted to zero.
the stay showed as non-qualifying stay with zero points.

I don't mind not getting any points for a night I did not have to pay for
I don't expect any points, my question is more along the lines of:
a) if I have a one-night stay at a CP under the BRG, will that count as one qualifying night at the CP brand for the 1x-4x 80k promo?
b) If I have a 2-night BRG stay, (one free night and one at a reduced rate) will that count for the $100 airline credit promo?
c) If I sign up for a promo that requires X qualifying stays, will the BRG stay be counted towards the total X?

Also, do any of these answers change if I booked a one-night stay and therefore have zero room rate for the entire stay; versus a stay with one free night and the rest of the nights at the matched rate?

I called PC Customer Service and ask if rooms that used the BRG will count as 'qualifying nights' and the clerk said "Yes. No, wait hold on while I check. <pause> OK Yes - they count, because they are not booked on an outside website." I don't know how much faith I have in that answer... but it will impact some of my stay planning for 4Q.

Last edited by janetdoe; Nov 10, 2011 at 12:42 am
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thumbs down Very disappointed

I have a stay booked at a Crowne Plaza. The stay was booked within a week of arrival so the best rate on ihg website was a flexible one, with cancellation allowed until one day before arrival.

I got a BRG claim approved as I found a lower rate with the same cancellation terms on hotels.com. However, one day after it was approved I got a new email saying that they would no longor honour the claim as hotels.com requires pre-payment, even though you will get the money back if you cancel.

To me this guarantee is really a sham. I do not in any way get the best price when booking on the IHG website. First of all, there were cheaper non-refundable rates on other sites = IHG did not offer the cheapest price but in their terms they say the rate has to be the same so fine this can not be claimed. Second, the rate with the same cancellation terms was also denied as I would pay to the 3rd party, not to the hotel directly.

So IHG does not offer the best price, nor do they guarantee it. I decided to cancel this and my adjoining stay and stay with another chain instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.