Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
YEP. Check the T&C.
thanks just did. should have read them first! Ah well tough decision - pay IHG 3.5k USD or cancel and pay Amex 1.6k USD

NOT!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
thanks just did. should have read them first! Ah well tough decision - pay IHG 3.5k USD or cancel and pay Amex 1.6k USD

NOT!
I often wonder if, in situations like this, you can get them to honor the price but not the free night. I'd still rather book directly with the hotel (for points, and to have fewer people to deal with if something goes wrong), but with a price difference that big there's no way. It might be worth asking if you can forego the free night and just get a price match. I'm sure it'd be better for them, too, as they won't pay booking fees to Amex UK for the lower price.

I've never tried it, but it seems like the kind of thing they'd want to do. If the BRG desk can't help, you might be able to try with the hotel directly.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others

Got a BRG in GRU, Paris n nyc ... Looking forward to stay in some nice suites for free^^
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others

Once before my BRG got finally aproved, the agent came back to me n asked explicitely for the 2nd persons name to verify the 50miles clause! Kinda strange to check that like this lol
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:09 pm

Hi, im visiting NY in Jan for 5 days, are you guys booking 2 nights at ADV non-refundable rate or booking refundable rates for just the 1 night?

If so would I be able to do it for my first night, then book 3 normal nights then my wife book a BRG on the last night in the same hotel?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by flo_147
Once before my BRG got finally aproved, the agent came back to me n asked explicitely for the 2nd persons name to verify the 50miles clause! Kinda strange to check that like this lol
They did it even before the 50 miles thing! I think they just wanna make sure that you don't sell your room to someone else.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Consider sending a private message to "IHG Care" on FT with the details.
They replied and threw the ball to BRG again. I will not find him if I have my case done with BRG.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:57 pm
GmK

Programs: A few
Not sure if this info was anywhere on the last pages, so maybe someone can help:

Have an approved BRG, but discovered a better room for the same night with a valid BRG competing offer.

If I now cancel the room of the first BRG claim (full flexible), book the new room for the same date, and send a new BRG claim, would it be denied?

As I canceled the first BRG room, they should not be able to deny the claim. Except if they are really strict on 'One date, one person, one claim' - which I always understood under the premise that you try multiple BRGs, without cancelling them.

Anyone have any experience on this?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by GmK
Not sure if this info was anywhere on the last pages, so maybe someone can help:

Have an approved BRG, but discovered a better room for the same night with a valid BRG competing offer.

If I now cancel the room of the first BRG claim (full flexible), book the new room for the same date, and send a new BRG claim, would it be denied?

As I canceled the first BRG room, they should not be able to deny the claim. Except if they are really strict on 'One date, one person, one claim' - which I always understood under the premise that you try multiple BRGs, without cancelling them.

Once a claim is approved for a certain date. No other claims will be approved for that date., even if you cancel a previously approved claim.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by GmK

I tried this with a different hotel, same city. I was denied, because another claim had been approved for the same date. Even if you change cities, countries or continents, they will deny the claim for that date.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:33 pm
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mgn2000
I tried this with a different hotel, same city. I was denied, because another claim had been approved for the same date. Even if you change cities, countries or continents, they will deny the claim for that date.
Thank you for the info, confirms what I feared. Oh well.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey guys,
Need some advice here.

Have a brg I booked 60+ hours ago, the brg team keeps replying they need more time to check the rate. My cut off timing to cancel is in 7 hours, what should I do?

Appreciate th advice. Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:35 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lsed
Hey guys,
Need some advice here.

Have a brg I booked 60+ hours ago, the brg team keeps replying they need more time to check the rate. My cut off timing to cancel is in 7 hours, what should I do?

Appreciate th advice. Thanks
Call?

In any case, I'm sure the lower rate won't be available in 7 hours, independent from the outcome of your BRG.

HTB.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Yes the rate is no longer available - the 3rd party site doesn't show any rates anymore as its less than 24 hours.

Can this be used to invalidate the claim? That's really not fair if so, I submitted almost 3 days ago
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:39 am

Ok called in and it got approved already.

Will report another story soon about a 415 GBP approved claim that I cancelled!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.