Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Look at IHG's detailed room description. It probably says something like "one or two beds" or "room type based on availability at check-in".

If so, then those are actually the same room type - I have not had a problem when I explained that in the comments (like "both sites offering a Superior Room for one guest")
Just had a BRG approved. It went all smoothly, I did not even need to convince the agent about the room name. ^
Many thanks
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have a claim approval (they have requested the hotel to adjust the rate), and I'm checking into the hotel in 2 days and the cancellation terms is 48 hrs that is 6pm today. I still haven't heard from the BRG dept.

Has this happened to any one?

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
I have a claim approval (they have requested the hotel to adjust the rate), and I'm checking into the hotel in 2 days and the cancellation terms is 48 hrs that is 6pm today. I still haven't heard from the BRG dept.

Has this happened to any one?

Thanks!
Hi Nacho,

It happened to me, BRG team emailed me a day out and said that there was a tech issue with my BRG at CP Brussels airport, to pay for the room and they will transfer the money later. The problem was that the Rev Manager didn't want to honour the BRG but in the end I sorted it out with the hotel and got my money back
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rusell
Hi Nacho,

It happened to me, BRG team emailed me a day out and said that there was a tech issue with my BRG at CP Brussels airport, to pay for the room and they will transfer the money later. The problem was that the Rev Manager didn't want to honour the BRG but in the end I sorted it out with the hotel and got my money back
Really? The fact is that now I can't cancel the BRG reservation anymore. I wrote to them and still haven't got a reply.

I'll be checking in 2 days time and I hope things will sort out by then.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
You'll be fine . They will probably tell you to pay for it and the send you a cheque . At least this way you will get the points. I have had a stay in sydney that the rate wasnt adjusted until the day of check in and i was told my the brg to pay and they send me a cheque but when i got to the hotel they told me it was comp'd
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:35 am

I have been busy for a week and have just noticed the recent revision of terms and conditions of BRG. It seems unfair now because of the comparison of both pre-tax and post-tax rates. While many European and Asian websites list their final post-tax prices only, it makes the guarantee virtually useless. It cannot be justified by uncontrollable factors by IHG such as fluctuation of currency exchange rates at all.

Also, the introduction of 50-mile restriction is ridiculous. Restriction on one claim per household at the same hotel on consecutive days is barely acceptable, but it is unreasonable to disallow a family to visit nearby places on consecutive days.

Will someone file a complaint to Advertising Standards Agency in UK again as in the 30-day limit removal?

Well, just my two cents.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Another one approved...Crowne Plaza FLL airport in December
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Also, the introduction of 50-mile restriction is ridiculous. Restriction on one claim per household at the same hotel on consecutive days is barely acceptable, but it is unreasonable to disallow a family to visit nearby places on consecutive days.
You can visit different places, just can't stay for free.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
You'll be fine . They will probably tell you to pay for it and the send you a cheque . At least this way you will get the points. I have had a stay in sydney that the rate wasnt adjusted until the day of check in and i was told my the brg to pay and they send me a cheque but when i got to the hotel they told me it was comp'd
Thanks! I still haven't heard from them. I got an email that my night is free.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Not directly answering your question, but it is kinda relevant....

I had 2 stays lined up for the weekend just passed, both on machester on BRg (before the 50 mile limit). Both where advanced purchase. On the 1st one, my card was charged before I managed to get the BRG approved. On the 2nd one, the BRG was approved and they didnt precharge my card.

I had to cancel my weekend plans. I cancelled the 2nd one using the mobile website, and thus far have not been charged. On the one that was pre-charged, I took a chance, emailed the hotel asked them to refund the cc payment as it was a BRG night, they agreed, I saw the refund hit my cc card, and then cancelled.

So on those two AP bookings that were BRG-ed, thus far, I have not had a charged relating to the cancellations.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for letting me know

My BRG stay will be tomorrow and I still haven't heard from BRG.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by tangey
On the one that was pre-charged, I took a chance, emailed the hotel asked them to refund the cc payment as it was a BRG night, they agreed, I saw the refund hit my cc card, and then cancelled.
They really precharge the card even the night is for free?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:58 am

some do, some dont
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 31570324
They really precharge the card even the night is for free?
When you booked advance purchase rate, your cc will be charged immediately according to the rate rule. So they can just charged you when you booked your room and you won't know your BRG approval until sometimes later. I got mine charged for 2 hotels in SG that I got BRG approved.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
When you booked advance purchase rate, your cc will be charged immediately according to the rate rule. So they can just charged you when you booked your room and you won't know your BRG approval until sometimes later. I got mine charged for 2 hotels in SG that I got BRG approved.
My understanding is that the booking is sent to the hotel. It is up to the hotel to do the cc charge. Some hotels take a couple of days to do it. So if they acknowledge a brg before they get round to doing the charge, they may not do the charge. But remember according to the brg rules, once you get an approval, on a noshow/cancellation the hotel is entitled to charge the nightly rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.