Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:38 pm

Can someone kindly PM me some sites for claiming canadian IC hotels? Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Kangaroo12, Would you mind sharing/PMing your source for HKG? Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I think that's why he/she has the messages disabled he or she does mind sharing lol
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I think they are trying to tighten things up.

I made a claim this evening which was accepted As it was an advanced rate it was made clear that they would still charge the card and refund it later, and that if the payment did not clear the night would be cancelled. This is not a problem for me, but it does reflect/reinforce some earlier comments.
This has been the case for a long time now. It is up to the hotel to decide whether they will charge the card or not. It also depends on how fast the agents are in contacting the hotel.

Second guest name as a requirement is new but is in line with IHG's move trying to cut down on swapping and selling of free nights. Hence you now need to state a name at time of booking and will no longer be able to transfer the night to anyone as you wish.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
A question about reimbursement:

I got a cheque today that was sent before I asked for my reimbursement. I have NEVER asked for a cheque since I don't have a US bank account. It will going to cost me a big fortune if I cash my cheque here in Sweden.

Anyone has the same experience?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nacho

I got a cheque today that was sent before I asked for my reimbursement. I have NEVER asked for a cheque since I don't have a US bank account. It will going to cost me a big fortune if I cash my cheque here in Sweden.

Someone I know had requested his refund to be provided in the form of a direct deposit to his bank account on the day of checkout and received the money that way. IHG covered all costs involved, and the amout showed up about four weeks after the stay...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djohannw
Someone I know had requested his refund to be provided in the form of a direct deposit to his bank account on the day of checkout and received the money that way. IHG covered all costs involved, and the amout showed up about four weeks after the stay...

Greetings - Dirk
Thanks Dirk!

I waited until my trip was over before asking for reimbursement. Apparently it was too late - that doesn't matched what the email was stated. I told them my bank details and even specifically telling them that I'd like Swedish Krona instead of Euro as reimbursement last week.

Today I got a cheque dated 31 Oct which is BEFORE I even request the reimbursement (I didn't bring my bank login and I thought since I have a bunch of claims to make, why not wait until then?)

This is the email I got from BRG regarding reimbursement:

In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number, we can reimburse the amount you paid through either a US denominated check or a funds transfer. Both options would take 4 - 6 weeks to complete after the stay. Should you opt to receive a check please provide us your complete mailing address. If you’d rather we transfer funds to your account, please contact us after your stay at the hotel to provide us your bank details to complete the transaction.
Nowhere in the email saying that I have to do it within certain time, just after my stay.

I wrote back to the BRG team and cc a copy to IHG Care to tell them to void the cheque and place the fund into my bank account instead.

Last edited by nacho; Nov 12, 2012 at 7:26 am
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had another one last night at IC NYC Barclay ^

Will miss having it as an option for BRGs, however the hotel is too dated to actually pay for it.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by denCSA
Had another one last night at IC NYC Barclay ^

Will miss having it as an option for BRGs, however the hotel is too dated to actually pay for it.
Why will it no longer be an option for BRGs?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Credit Card and BRG

I had a situation where my credit was valid when the reservation was made. But would have expired when reservation took place. I dont why IHG reservation system accepted this reservation.
I was lucky BRG contacted to let me know, my BRG was revoked, because the Hotel could not charge me the taxes. ( $1). Anyway I sent them the new expiry date and got lucky MY BRG was re instated.
If any of you fall in this category. The best thing to do is phone the Hotel directly and talk to reservations, and they will change the expiry date.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:05 am

I just checked on of my BRG and its says under the mobile app thats its a best rate violation what does this mean ?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I just checked on of my BRG and its says under the mobile app thats its a best rate violation what does this mean ?
Have you violated any T&C? If not, I guess it's the 'misunderstanding' between the previous T&C and the new T&C. When your claim is valid - it's only based on the T&C at the time when your claim is approved. So it could be that you have the 50 miles issue with your BRG but you shouldn't be affected if your claim was approved BEFORE the 50 miles issue was in place.

I had an incident where I booked 1 room for myself and 1 room for Mr. Nacho and the hotel commented on the reservation saying 'possible BRG violation' and it turned out nothing since we booked our hotel when the very first BRG T&C came out.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Why will it no longer be an option for BRGs?
Maybe the site is killed. It happens to me with 48 hours each time after I filed a BRG. For the HKG hotels, none of the sites I used have been 'resurrected' with the good rates
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

Thanks in advance!
Wrote back to BRG - they are better than I thought (I thought they will think - hey you got your $ and stay away from me )

Reply for check #1:

We received a reply from technical about the check.

They will process the stop payment for the check and once the check has been deactivated, they will process the funds transfer. Normally this will take 1-2 weeks for them to stop the payment and immediately proceed with the transfer.

We are hoping for your kind consideration of the matter.

Please let us know if you have questions/inquiries.
Reply for check #2

Please know that we have requested for the stop payment for the check. This will normally take 1-2 weeks. Once the stop payment has been done, the funds transfer process will take 4-6 weeks.

We appreciate your patience on this matter and apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced because of this.
Well I guess I won't get my $ until 2013
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:44 am

Have you violated any T&C? If not, I guess it's the 'misunderstanding' between the previous T&C and the new T&C. When your claim is valid - it's only based on the T&C at the time when your claim is approved. So it could be that you have the 50 miles issue with your BRG but you shouldn't be affected if your claim was approved BEFORE the 50 miles issue was in place.

I had an incident where I booked 1 room for myself and 1 room for Mr. Nacho and the hotel commented on the reservation saying 'possible BRG violation' and it turned out nothing since we booked our hotel when the very first BRG T&C came out.

Best thing is I'm going to contact the property. To me it's looking like getting the Brg approved in the first place is the easiest part of this stressful process.
I'm getting approval and then weeks later getting reviews and denied and sorry for inconvenience and money been taken then have to chase it up to get the refund . Then the refund is never the same I'm still paying anywhere between $20-$50 per reservation . So far I have been playing nice but getting to the stage where it's time to get what you give.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.