Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:13 am

How long does it take to receive the second confirmation mail after they have verified the lower rate? it has been a week since the first mail. The rate still shows best flexible w/o adjusting to 0.01
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Just noticed my BPG nite at IC Osaka now shows the rate type as "HOUSE USE COMP" and the average nightly rate is now 1 JPY. Looks like it's been adjusted accordingly hence won't have to go through the hassle of a bank transfer. ^

FYI, I could only view the reservation details in mobile though and not on my desktop. When I try to view on desktop browser it shows an error saying the reservation is not viewable.

First time staying here, hope I get a good upgrade from the club room I reserved. Looks like everything above club room are suites though some have no club access...
May I know the website used that charges in JPY?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by just2010just
How long does it take to receive the second confirmation mail after they have verified the lower rate? it has been a week since the first mail. The rate still shows best flexible w/o adjusting to 0.01
sometimes they don't send one.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:33 am

My stay will be next week, so need anymore for exact cancellation terms matching. Sill not finding a cheaper OTA.

Originally Posted by teddy25
There are OTAs out there that will let you pay at the hotel.

There is only one ihg hotel that has the same cancelation terms inSIN.

Good luck
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:43 am

does anyone mind double checking my claim before i submit it i'm pretty sure it's valid but interested in opinions from anyone who disagrees

IHG $200 + tax per night = $702

Onhotels.com $136 per night total $409 superior cancellation conditions as below

If you cancel this booking before 23:59 (UK time) on 07 April 2014, you will be charged $40.85
If you cancel this booking after 23:59 (UK time) on 07 April 2014, you will be charged $103.27
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:41 pm

Im struggling to get the BRG form up, has anybody else got the same issue?

EDIT:found a seperate link
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by United935
IC Istanbul

I have made booked with IC Istanbul 3 day ago but

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental Hotels Ceylan Istanbul. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
We have verified the lower rate you found at www. We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation into a free night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via email once this has been confirmed
Reservation should remain unchanged once the claim qualifies. Primary guest is required to present a valid government ID upon arrival.
We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation/s.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].

Best Regards,

XXXXXXX
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk

but got email from hotel say

Greetings from Istanbul.
We would like to inform you that due to a government meeting confirmation during your booking dates the hotel is %100 fully booked and because of this force majeur situation,we are not able to keep any individual bookings.The total amount of xxx was refunded to your credit card yesterday.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,
Asst.Revenue Manager

Im so worried for loss free night as hotel cancelled my room but I saw IHG.com they still selling room by same date today... can you advice me what i do this.

Thanks
What was the OTA you used that booked in local currency for Istanbul?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by colpuck
What was the OTA you used that booked in local currency for Istanbul?
"Local currency" is the Euro: no shortage of OTAs
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
IC Hong Kong doesn't like adjusting either.
Do you have a site for IC Hong Kong?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I hope it's not an inappropriate question, but I'm seeing cheaper fares all over for UK properties. Which sites charge in GBP, please?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRG Approved at the HI Jessup Baltimore MD. Referral site was easyclicktravel.com
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
New to BRG. I've tried a BRG on a flexible reservation to test the waters. Claim denied as the compared rate was a prepaid. The thing is that even the prepaid rate on ihg was more expensive than the prepaid lower rate. They ignore this. I am reluctant to make a firm booking as the hotel is not my first choice.

Is there any way around this? Do you guys manage to get competitive prices on refundable reservations on the hotel comparison sites?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
New to BRG. I've tried a BRG on a flexible reservation to test the waters. Claim denied as the compared rate was a prepaid. The thing is that even the prepaid rate on ihg was more expensive than the prepaid lower rate. They ignore this. I am reluctant to make a firm booking as the hotel is not my first choice.

Is there any way around this? Do you guys manage to get competitive prices on refundable reservations on the hotel comparison sites?
You can only compare a best flex against a prepaid OTA when the best flex rate is the lowest bookable on IHG (prepaid advance rate not available usually within the 7 days of check in).
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by mitpat474
You can only compare a best flex against a prepaid OTA when the best flex rate is the lowest bookable on IHG (prepaid advance rate not available usually within the 7 days of check in).
I see. Thanks. And I assume in these cases they do not deny it on the grounds of different cancellation terms?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
I see. Thanks. And I assume in these cases they do not deny it on the grounds of different cancellation terms?
It is in the T&Cs, it works well I have used it 4 times already. GL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.