Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:07 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Wow, multiple meals and entrees.

Talk about abusing the benefit.

These types are exact proof of how Diamond benefits may retract.
I actually planned to pay. The front desk had removed the charges without my asking.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I spent 3 days there this weekend. 4 people at breakfast ordering multiple meals and entrees. The waitress said only 4 entrees and drinks would be comped and I charged a bill to the room, but at checkout, all breakfast charges were comped.
How is a meal different from an entree? As long as is 4 breakfast, i believe is comp for diamonds according to Kenbo.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
We were just there and was comped breakfast for 4 as a Diamond. The bill came to $100 and change. I inquired about tips and the server said is all included. At check out, there was a balance due from the breakfast but FD took it off.

Regarding the food, it was not as good as a couple years back so was a bit disappointed (I would skip the carb meat dish which used to be my fav). I also found the bed to be on the softer side so hope they will replace them soon. We did get an upgrade to a large corner rooms which was nice.

Over all a very nice hotel but I may try the GH next door for the view on next trip.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The last time I had breakfast there, the food was decent enough (but I had a simple omelette), but the wait for it (30 minutes or so) was ridiculous.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic

Regarding the food, it was not as good as a couple years back so was a bit disappointed (I would skip the carb meat dish which used to be my fav). I also found the bed to be on the softer side so hope they will replace them soon. We did get an upgrade to a large corner rooms which was nice.

Over all a very nice hotel but I may try the GH next door for the view on next trip.
Just finished a five week stay at the GH. Would recommend you hold off visiting Thetis until they redo things and improve their service. I agree re: the wait to get food is ridiculous. I am one person who ordered scrambled eggs and toast with an unsweetened iced tea. It took 35 minutes for the food to come out so although it was.good be prepared to wait.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

I noticed a 2010 post that said valet parking is $38 per day. Is there a lot in walking distance or street parking that is more affordable? Is there free street parking on Sunday nights?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I noticed a 2010 post that said valet parking is $38 per day. Is there a lot in walking distance or street parking that is more affordable? Is there free street parking on Sunday nights?
There is overnight street parking right across the street from the hotel. And I beleive you need to feed the meter every 2 hours starting at 8 or 9 am.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
There is overnight street parking right across the street from the hotel. And I beleive you need to feed the meter every 2 hours starting at 8 or 9 am.
Yup, Between Olive and Stewart there is street parking on 7th, 8th and 9th that I've had no problem finding a space around 1700 or 1800. It becomes free at either 1800 or 2000 depending which street you're on and is free until 0800.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you are going to be doing things downtown you don't need a car. Link service from the airport is only 2 blocks away and costs $2.75. You can park at Pacific Place as well until 11 PM at night. Parking after 5 there is $7 or something like that. Bus service around the downtown area and non-stop over to the Eastside (Bellevue, Issaquah, and Mercer Island is frequent and costs $2.50 each way).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The airport link may not be for everyone, but it is modern, clean, inexpensive and does terminate within easy walking distance of the two FS Hyatts.

And ldsant - didn't you mean to say that the regular buses around near downtown - though not over the bridge - are free?

Also - while the parking question is settled - I'll remember this solution next time - I have walked down the hill - in different directions - to both the Dollar and Budget outlets - each about a 15-20 minute walk - to pick up and drop off cars within the day so as not to pay for parking.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 4, 2012 at 8:54 pm
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Firewind
And ldsant - didn't you mean to say that the regular buses around near downtown - though not over the bridge - are free?
Not as of this week.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, fireworksboy. I stand corrected. I had a sneaking feeling that I remembered the wrong city.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello everyone,

has anyone taken the Diamond amenity at this property? Any idea what it is?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, fireworksboy. I stand corrected. I had a sneaking feeling that I remembered the wrong city.
Correct city until very recently they eliminated the free busses downtown.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello

Can anyone confirm that the Luxury King Suite here has a sofabed in the living room? All it says on the website is "furniture" for all their room descriptions.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.