Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:04 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by peteropny
Wow - a whole bunch of FTers here - both Hyatt mods were here too (including me). Sounds like many of us had the same breakfast also!!! There is a consistent problem that should be corrected with the shower temperature control - ours was kind of falling off - my partner could not adjust the temperature to less than scalding - I was able to by pushing the control in while turning it (not how its supposed to work though). Also, agreed that the suite (corner) while very large has a lot of really wasted space - and why am I on the lowest floor compared to everyone else (11) . Wifi is tmobile. Decent stay - while I prefer the rooms at the GH, I really prefer the restaurant breakfast - so my future choice will come down to rate.
I saw a couple Mods at breakfast as well so I think there was a healthy contingent of FTers at the Hyatt's in the city this past weekend!!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:30 am
Suspended

Wow - a whole bunch of FTers here - both Hyatt mods were here too (including me). Sounds like many of us had the same breakfast also!!! There is a consistent problem that should be corrected with the shower temperature control - ours was kind of falling off - my partner could not adjust the temperature to less than scalding - I was able to by pushing the control in while turning it (not how its supposed to work though). Also, agreed that the suite (corner) while very large has a lot of really wasted space - and why am I on the lowest floor compared to everyone else (11) . Wifi is tmobile. Decent stay - while I prefer the rooms at the GH, I really prefer the restaurant breakfast - so my future choice will come down to rate.
No wonder why we didn't get an upgrade with so many FTers there! Basic room wasn't bad - not huge but very nicely decorated with a very modern design; the whole hotel looked like it was decorated by that lady on Devine Design (for anyone who watches hgtv), especially the restaurant.

Our shower controller bar was falling off as well and I had to screw it back on so it wouldn't fall off. It seemed like that bar was just meant to make it easier to rotate the base controller and didn't seem to do anything else, so they really should have glued it on or tightened it a lot tighter if it's falling off for everyone!

Another tip for anyone staying there - toilets are dual flush environmentally friendly ones. It seemed the longer you hold down the button, the better it flushed (although that may have defeated the environmentally friendless of them).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Are any of you who stayed for two nights under the GP5000 bonus rate going to also try for the G bonus that was also going on this weekend? I had to request both me W1 and GP5000 be added to the folio that was slipped under my door, and they showed on the final folio. Did not press the G bonus at the time of checking out though. As for the breakfast, I particularly like the way they finish their potatoes.

Not sure how they handled room assignments. I walked over from the Sheraton dinner and checked in, then headed down Olive to the Westin to pick up my checked bag. May have been the first FTer to check in that evening, though of course confirmed suite upgrade may weeks ago.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Well I didn't "steal" anyone's upgrade since I confirmed my suite upgrade a couple of months ago.

My AAA rate does not qualify for GP5000, so won't be trying for that.

I did tell the front desk that all the shower temperature controls probably should be checked based upon comments here.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Now I know why I did not get my corner room upgrade! I live in BLI but was wondered what was up in Seattle this weekend. Downtown was packed and the Olive 8 was as well.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:07 pm

What was going on this past weekend?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
I don't know why all the FTers were there (StarMegaDo?), but there was a big football game on Saturday between UW and (#1) Oregon. The Olive 8 was similarly packed when I was there in September, that time with people from Nebraska.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kenbo
Well for FTers in town - it was the end of the StarMegaDo2 (although most of those people were at the Westin) and a moderator meeting (about 40 altogether - which is why your Hyatt mods were there) which was also at the Westin but people were more scattered according to their hotel chain preferences.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Are any of you who stayed for two nights under the GP5000 bonus rate going to also try for the G bonus that was also going on this weekend? I had to request both me W1 and GP5000 be added to the folio that was slipped under my door, and they showed on the final folio. Did not press the G bonus at the time of checking out though. As for the breakfast, I particularly like the way they finish their potatoes.

Not sure how they handled room assignments. I walked over from the Sheraton dinner and checked in, then headed down Olive to the Westin to pick up my checked bag. May have been the first FTer to check in that evening, though of course confirmed suite upgrade may weeks ago.
I can not find a G bonus listed for this hotel on the Hyatt site. Is there one going? Do not like the new web desgn when it comes to the bonuses.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by NotHome
I can not find a G bonus listed for this hotel on the Hyatt site. Is there one going? Do not like the new web desgn when it comes to the bonuses.
Good Day:

There is one this week: G3

You can check it on line.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by courcoison
Good Day:

There is one this week: G3

You can check it on line.
I see what you mean about checking it online. It's under the Special Offers page.

Last edited by kenbo; Nov 10, 2010 at 10:35 am
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:27 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Well I didn't "steal" anyone's upgrade since I confirmed my suite upgrade a couple of months ago.

My AAA rate does not qualify for GP5000, so won't be trying for that.

I did tell the front desk that all the shower temperature controls probably should be checked based upon comments here.
Ditto here -- I confirmed my Suite upgrade a couple months ago as well.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Stay posted but not with the GP5000 bonus even though I made a point of ensuring the desk clerk inserted it into the bonus field. In Japan at the moment so will have to call Hyatt when I get back to NAmerica. Other stay bonuses also not showing properly at other properties either. This is truly Hyatt's achilles heel!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Stay posted but not with the GP5000 bonus even though I made a point of ensuring the desk clerk inserted it into the bonus field. In Japan at the moment so will have to call Hyatt when I get back to NAmerica. Other stay bonuses also not showing properly at other properties either. This is truly Hyatt's achilles heel!
I think GP5000 terms say it posts after 4-6 weeks; I haven't received any of my GP5000 bonuses yet from October.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
5000GP Bonus

Originally Posted by oc2005
I think GP5000 terms say it posts after 4-6 weeks; I haven't received any of my GP5000 bonuses yet from October.
Based on my experience, Hyatt will be less likely posted the 5000GP Bonus Points (My experience is 2 out of 3 "5000GP Bonus Points" was not posted ). But Please be advise to call the Hyatt Gold Passport Centre and ask them for the 5000GP Bonus. It is a 3 seconds job, so do not be panic if the 5000GP Bonus Points did not appear in your account for the first week. Just simply call the Hyatt Gold Passport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.