Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
To clarify

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Parking was no problem, I drove during the day rented from Hertz which is walking distance, and dropped it off at night. Easy way to save $40, and street parking in Seattle is very cheap/free past 4pm or 6pm.
Street parking is I believe $7 to park from 4pm-6pm or $14 to park 4-8pm, it is free after 8pm and before 8 am (can be a challenge to find street parking)
No lounge didn't matter at all, have you seen the lounge at the GH? Can't see why people would spend their time in that hole, there isn't even a bathroom. I'd much rather have appies/happy hour at Urbane(I was in the GH Lounge while I was there as well).
To clarify - as a diamond you get ONLY free breakfast no water/drinks/ snacks in the lounge in the afternoon evening.
Your points about free upgrades is something I can't comment on, as I was there during the thanksgiving long weekend and booked about 2 weeks in advance and was successful, but I can see in the summer being difficult as Seattle is packed.
The only reason I posted about the suite upgrade, is even using certificates can be a challenge here, certainly free ones are hard for a typical diamond. You mention as a Plat in SPG you would be surprised to get this. Well as a diamond chances are slim on suites here as well.
There should be ZERO issues for breakfast. My voucher says for one, and they clearly told me it covers up to the amount of people REGISTERED in the room up to 4 people. At check out, one of my rooms had $160 extra charged onto it, but it's because the restaurant staff charged it as "Lunch", not breakfast. That was taken care of in matter of seconds.
I agree - never had a problem except as noted: coupons had misleading info on them. But at checkout I never have had a problem, and I travel as a family of 4 usually.

Flyertalk is a place to share information. I just did not want misleading information for others, especially so they would not be expecting the same treatment/deal as you got. I agree, its nice when it happens.^ As a diamond here, you can expect 1000pt amenity, free breakfast for persons in your room (tip extra), free internet. All within the terms of the program. Extras can happen as SKYEG mentioned, but IMO rare.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smilee
Street parking is I believe $7 to park from 4pm-6pm or $14 to park 4-8pm, it is free after 8pm and before 8 am (can be a challenge to find street parking)

To clarify - as a diamond you get ONLY free breakfast no water/drinks/ snacks in the lounge in the afternoon evening.

The only reason I posted about the suite upgrade, is even using certificates can be a challenge here, certainly free ones are hard for a typical diamond. You mention as a Plat in SPG you would be surprised to get this. Well as a diamond chances are slim on suites here as well.

I agree - never had a problem except as noted: coupons had misleading info on them. But at checkout I never have had a problem, and I travel as a family of 4 usually.

Flyertalk is a place to share information. I just did not want misleading information for others, especially so they would not be expecting the same treatment/deal as you got. I agree, its nice when it happens.^ As a diamond here, you can expect 1000pt amenity, free breakfast for persons in your room (tip extra), free internet. All within the terms of the program. Extras can happen as SKYEG mentioned, but IMO rare.
Tip is not extra. Gratuity is included in Hyatt GP Terms and Conditions for Diamond Breakfast.

I have not had issues redeeming the Diamond Suite Upgrades here and have been given the Governors suite before with no upcharge.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Tip is not extra. Gratuity is included in Hyatt GP Terms and Conditions for Diamond Breakfast.

I have not had issues redeeming the Diamond Suite Upgrades here and have been given the Governors suite before with no upcharge.
Yes I believe I your are right, they have also included the tip.

I remember calling in May to use suite certs, and could not find a weekend available for all of July-August. Also tried for my stays in Sept to late October and could not find availability. However, I had no problem using the suite certificate for my upcoming stay December 8th (although a $250 per night rate) and for a stay in January was available.

Also update - I think I the street parking rates are $5 for 4-6 or $10 4-8pm, and free 8pm to 8am. But street parking can be hard to find near the hotel during those hours.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:58 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Stayed here this weekend. WONDERFUL stay in so many ways! Room is gorgeous. Modern furniture, huge bathroom with separate soaking tub, nice swimming pool, breakfast food and service were perfect. Concierge recommended a Thai restaurant that was excellent. The spa didn't have services available during this weekend which was a bit odd imo but other than that this was a lovely stay.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ldsant
Concierge recommended a Thai restaurant that was excellent.
Name, please? Walking distance? Thank you.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:44 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Firewind
Name, please? Walking distance? Thank you.
citrus thai. 1.5 blocks from the hotel on howell
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you again. These two hotels really are in (a) good location(s) for a number of reasons.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Update on Breakfast Situation

I had a stay here this weekend. I used a suite upgrade certificate. At check in, asked for the availability of the presidential suite, and they offered it to me with no charge. I do stay at this hotel 15-20 nights a year so that could be part of the reason why.

Upon checkin, nothing was mentioned regarding any changes to the breakfast situation. It wasn't until sitting down at breakfast with my party of 6, and presented the bill, that we were told only registered guests (name in reservation) would be waived. At checkout, they explained to me that this change was put into place 3 days ago, not because of Diamond member abuse, but because of people staying on rates that included breakfast, and them going crazy with it. He simply said next time to register all of my guests when I check in and it will not be an issue. Overall they were very nice regarding the situation and apologized for not telling me when I checked in.

He also said that room service is available and they will waive up to $26.50 per guest that is registered, not including the delivery charge.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:50 pm
In memoriam

I had a stay here this weekend. I used a suite upgrade certificate. At check in, asked for the availability of the presidential suite, and they offered it to me with no charge. I do stay at this hotel 15-20 nights a year so that could be part of the reason why.

Upon checkin, nothing was mentioned regarding any changes to the breakfast situation. It wasn't until sitting down at breakfast with my party of 6, and presented the bill, that we were told only registered guests (name in reservation) would be waived. At checkout, they explained to me that this change was put into place 3 days ago, not because of Diamond member abuse, but because of people staying on rates that included breakfast, and them going crazy with it. He simply said next time to register all of my guests when I check in and it will not be an issue. Overall they were very nice regarding the situation and apologized for not telling me when I checked in.

He also said that room service is available and they will waive up to $26.50 per guest that is registered, not including the delivery charge.
did you really expect to have ALL six paid for? THAT seems abusive. You received the Presidential Suite as an upgrade with no additional charge and then you took 6 people to breakfast expecting it to be no charge? No wonder they're changing the rules.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:53 pm

did you really expect to have ALL six paid for? THAT seems abusive. You received the Presidential Suite as an upgrade with no additional charge and then you took 6 people to breakfast expecting it to be no charge? No wonder they're changing the rules.
I took 6 to breakfast expecting to pay for 2, as in the past breakfast covered 4 people.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:31 pm

I was told breakfast for 4 people..... I took one only and was charged..... Called Hyatt diamond line to have it resolved
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Registering four or six names just to get complimentary breakfast seems a bit much. Breakfast for two seems reasonable, but Hyatt (and the OP) can do as it (he) wishes.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
I was told breakfast for 4 people..... I took one only and was charged..... Called Hyatt diamond line to have it resolved
Why wouldn't you just have asked at the front desk? I'm finding that the personnel here really seem to take care of the customers here. One guy was at the desk today asking where something was located and the front desk person was not only specific with a map but actually walked the gentleman out to point him in the right direction. I find these "extra moments" impressive.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Why wouldn't you just have asked at the front desk? I'm finding that the personnel here really seem to take care of the customers here.
Sometimes the charge for breakfast posts after you checkout and doesn't get reversed by the desk.

Happened to me locally recently and when I called in to get it corrected, I was transferred to "corporate" since there is no local accounting people (at some locations) which really surprised me.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I took 6 to breakfast expecting to pay for 2, as in the past breakfast covered 4 people.
How many people registered in the reservation/room? I always thought the limit was 2 but then again I don't travel with kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.