Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
You should just jump on the suite award before they are gone. Why do you think GP would give you the premier room with the points of a standard room?
Uh, maybe the same reason they'll give you the superior "Splash Suite" on a Suite award at the Andaz 5th Avenue over the "Andaz Suite" or "Andaz Large Suite". Since the Premier Queen at the Olive 8 isn't a suite, per se, I thought maybe someone could share an anecdote about getting that room with a standard room award.

Obviously I DON'T think GP is obligated in any way to give the Premier room for a standard award. But one of the things that makes Hyatt cool is they sometimes give more than they are required to, so I just wondered if there was any hope for that in this case. If not I'll live, and I'll still be a fan.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Splash suite at the Andaz 5th is the standard suite that a Diamond uograde books into (and presumably a suite award also).

I wouldn't expect the upgraded room to be bookable on awards - of course getting upgraded to it at checkin is possible.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Splash suite at the Andaz 5th is the standard suite that a Diamond uograde books into (and presumably a suite award also).

I wouldn't expect the upgraded room to be bookable on awards - of course getting upgraded to it at checkin is possible.
That's pretty awesome, regardless. The Splash Suite is $100 more per night than the Andaz Suite, so it's a generous "standard suite" for award use any way you look at it.

With that being the case, however, I concede defeat on my 15,000 points per night idea for the Premiere 2 Queen room at this hotel.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Just completed a stay at the Olive 8 and was very impressed. At check-in was told that we had been upgraded to an Executive King. When we opened the door to the room it was what I call a suite. It had a good sized living room with a large work desk and a large wet bar. The bedroom was separated from the living room by a door. The bathroom was large and had a wonderful shower which came out of the ceiling. While on the 14th floor, the only view was of surrounding buildings but that was fine as we were there for only 12 hours.

There is no Club at this hotel so we had a delicious breakfast (crab Benedicts) in the hotel restaurant, complimentary as I am a Diamond.

The only small disappointment was the lack of self parking. The only options are a small unsecured outdoor lot across the street at $25 a night, a secured garage more than a block away, or valet parking at $41 with in and out privileges.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Received a NOR-1 offer at this property for early check-in at 8 a.m. for an additional $25. We will be arriving early, so the 8 a.m. check-in would come in handy, especially with a suite upgrade applied. But also Diamond, so unsure whether the hotel would just offer it up without the $25? Should I do it or not?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by slippahs
Received a NOR-1 offer at this property for early check-in at 8 a.m. for an additional $25. We will be arriving early, so the 8 a.m. check-in would come in handy, especially with a suite upgrade applied. But also Diamond, so unsure whether the hotel would just offer it up without the $25? Should I do it or not?
Diamond member on a confirmed suite upgrade -- they'll give it to you early IF it's available. The latter being your bigger issue. Save the $25.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Diamond member on a confirmed suite upgrade -- they'll give it to you early IF it's available. The latter being your bigger issue. Save the $25.
Good point. Figured they'd give it to a Diamond so long as the room would be available. Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by slippahs
Good point. Figured they'd give it to a Diamond so long as the room would be available. Thanks.
Wanted to add something. This is one of my favorite Hyatt properties in the US, and they treat Diamond VERY nice(got the presidential and governors suites for free a couple times)

I always land around 9:00am, but the last time the hotel was so completely booked that we needed to wait until 1PM until we can check in. Not terrible, but they did not have any suites ready at all(suite upgrade applied).

The $25 may be worth to pay if you see that the hotel is quite fully booked. It wasn't when we stayed at all but they must have upgraded a lot of guests to suites.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Wanted to add something. This is one of my favorite Hyatt properties in the US, and they treat Diamond VERY nice(got the presidential and governors suites for free a couple times)
I got a regular accessible room .
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:47 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Used a confirmed suite u/g for my first stay here last week. Arrived about 2:15 p.m. and our pre-blocked 15th floor 1BR suite was ready.

Was impressed with the excellent staff and facilities, esp. the fitness center. My spouse wished that the indoor pool would've been a bit deeper at one end for aerobics (pool depth is 3.5 feet at the shallow end and 4 feet for the remainder) but otherwise we enjoyed the property very much -- and would definitely return. Although the public areas can be busy, our guest floor was quiet throughout and just an occasional bit of street noise if a garbage truck or emergency vehicle were right outside on Olive or 8th.

The restaurant breakfast entrees can be a bit uneven from day-to-day, depending on what you order, such as pancakes. Other items (i.e., smoked salmon platter) are much more reliable. However, Diamonds do get a very fair breakfast allowance and tax/tip are covered.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
CONGRATULATIONS - BEST Hotel Bar!

The bar at Urbane was voted as best hotel bar in Seattle. Congratulations! Great staff, good happy hour, good food, fun vibe! Well deserved!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ldsant
The bar at Urbane was voted as best hotel bar in Seattle. Congratulations! Great staff, good happy hour, good food, fun vibe! Well deserved!
you must be getting way better service than I have the last few visits.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by lalala
+1.

It has been a slippery downhill slope for me too.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AJLondon
+1.

It has been a slippery downhill slope for me too.
It definitely is hit or miss based on who your server is.....sad but true. I would suggest you contact Urbane mgmt, they will make you happy and I got the feeling they want this feedback.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by lalala
I have always had EXCELLENT service. Perhaps because I have spent 168 nights here so far this year and know every single server, bartender, manager, etc.? But I have seen great service. If I am drinking I will just ask them to "make me something you think I'll like" and voila! Nice drink. This is one of my favorite places in the city for Happy Hour - along with Sazerac and Cactus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.