Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
You might be trying to hard. Go in with lower expectations and I'm sure they will exceed them
You are undoubtedly correct, and I am sure that if the GH Seattle didn't exist, I would be much more forgiving of the O8; in fact, it would probably be among the best NA Hyatt properties.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
any overwhelming preference between the olive 8 and the grand hyatt? I will be staying in Seattle in June with the family for one night. It's the same rate with points + cash, so not opposed to either. Planning on using the DSU for the stay.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:38 pm

Actually, no, nobody has expressed a strong preference in this very thread.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Deciding Factors between Olive 8 & Seattle Grand Hyatt

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
any overwhelming preference between the olive 8 and the grand hyatt? I will be staying in Seattle in June with the family for one night. It's the same rate with points + cash, so not opposed to either. Planning on using the DSU for the stay.
Both are solid properties. Both locations have good DSU's. I think the deciding factor is whether a guest wants to access the club lounge (Grand Hyatt) or receive a free breakfast that covers up to 4 people (Olive 8).
Old May 19, 2016, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I don't think there's a clear winner between O8 and GH. I've had great treatment at O8 (in contrast to some of the posts above), including no-DSU upgrades to the Presidential and Luxury suites. I agree that the GH has amazingly friendly staff and will do no-DSU upgrades if rooms are available, but I've been stuck in standard rooms at both hotels a number of times. I'd give the GH a slight edge because of its great club -- I'm not a breakfast person, so the club lounge wins out for me -- especially since it's perhaps the best Hyatt club lounge in North America. You can't really go horribly wrong with either property; Hyatt is far ahead of the competition in Seattle -- SPG, IHG, and Hilton suck. With Hyatt, all you need to do is avoid the Hyatt House near the Space Needle, and you're golden.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I submit that there's no comparison between the views. The Grand Hyatt, hands down, IMO. The higher the floor - which you should get with a DSU - the better for the ferries gliding across Puget Sound. And if you score a room at the north end, of the Space Needle as well ... particularly spectacular at night. I feel like I'm on top of the world.

Last edited by Firewind; May 19, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Old May 19, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Firewind
And if you score a room at the north end, of the Space Needle as well ... particularly spectacular at night. I feel like I'm on top of the world.
It was mentioned earlier to avoid the HH near the Space Needle. I stayed there just one time but my view from my bed was of the Needle and at night it was fantastic, slept with the curtains open.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Heading here again this week for two nights. Looking forward to. It. Overall like this place a lot and give a nudge to this place over the GH - though I do love the GH too. The only beef I have with the GH is the lack of a restaurant/breakfast.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:02 am

Heading to the O8 for Memorial Day. 2x nights on points and 1 night using my chase cat 1-4 night. I look forward to my diamond breakfast
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:44 pm

Stayed at the Olive 8 recently and used my DSU. The suite was nice and staff was very friendly and attentive. Didn't notice my reservation was messed up somehow and had me checking out a day early. Luckily the suite was available for 1 more night and the manager on duty fixed it easily the day of.

Breakfast was not bad at all. Didn't realize the portions were going to be large, so ordered a little much.

One odd thing is the suite did not have a minibar, so no snacks or drinks other than the "boxed water" which has a price tag on it. Is this standard at this property? I tend to work late into the night and will partake on the snacks in the room but this time I had to stock up on my own.

Confirmation of DSU was easily done as well. Just called up GP diamond line and requested it. They were able to fit me in for a full week's stay.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:44 am

I've never been in a Hyatt of any kind that had a minibar.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I've never been in a Hyatt of any kind that had a minibar.
Maybe it's not called a mini bar. I'm talking about a fridge stocked with drinks and snacks - snickers, chocolates, peanuts, etc...
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by danielchee
Maybe it's not called a mini bar. I'm talking about a fridge stocked with drinks and snacks - snickers, chocolates, peanuts, etc...
Again, I've never once been in a Hyatt that has one of those (and yes, they're called minibars). The only thing that comes close is at Andaz properties, but that isn't really a "minibar" per se, it's just free snacks and a few free drinks in the fridge.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Again, I've never once been in a Hyatt that has one of those (and yes, they're called minibars). The only thing that comes close is at Andaz properties, but that isn't really a "minibar" per se, it's just free snacks and a few free drinks in the fridge.
I think the PHNY have a minibar. I recall seeing candies etc.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:34 pm

Hyatt Regency Tokyo had a fridge with drinks in it. At least in the suites they did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.