Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by troyhouse

I like this strategy, make it pm only and let members manage it individually. Instrad of constant nagging from aggressive moral policemen on here, as if they have never used a coupon or discount that was not directly intended for them.
I'm actually in the shut this thread down camp but just wanted to point out that moderators have already made their view clear by not acting on previous close this thread requests.

Realistically speaking, the remove only posts with non-public corp code strategy could be the middle ground.

Last edited by seawolf; May 30, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Globallist
THIS thread does reek of, moral police, and "I cannot believe anyone would ever"............
LOVE all these glass houses. Like most threads, People complaining is what makes it entertaining......
For me, IMO, not yours.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:08 pm

Frankly leaving it open is idiotic. This thread adds absolutely nothing to FT. If the idea is people can PM each other, then let them...we don't need a central repository for beggars to post asking for PMs. There is nothing in this thread that adds to the community. Moral arguments or not, the point is that it literally has zero value for this community and only serves as a virtual hangout for digital bums and vagrants.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
There is nothing in this thread that adds to the community. Moral arguments or not, the point is that it literally has zero value for this community and only serves as a virtual hangout for digital bums and vagrants.
So this is the Virtual Starbucks of World of Hyatt now?

Corporate codes are a subset of all discount codes. There are legitimate discount codes that are, or can be made, eligible for everyone.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by troyhouse

as if they have never used a coupon or discount that was not directly intended for them.
? I don't use coupons or discounts that are not intended for my use. I am a college professor, I have an I.D. that looks exactly like a student ID and I can reap in discounts all around town intended for college students if I wish. But it violates the intent of the merchants and the spirit of the discount program. At worse, if all faculty and staff abused such a system, discounts would cease and a real benefit to those it is intended for would be lost. There are reasons Hotels contract corporate rates, and sharing codes to hack into them is not one of them. But more than that, cheaters do create external costs to others, and that external costs is borne onto the community on FT.

I don't want to be the 'morality police', it isn't a suit I care to wear. But the spirit of this thread, which is mostly people asking to be PM'd corporate codes, violates the spirit of FT.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So this is the Virtual Starbucks of World of Hyatt now?

Corporate codes are a subset of all discount codes. There are legitimate discount codes that are, or can be made, eligible for everyone.
When was the last time a non corporate discount code was discussed or posted here?
Old May 31, 2018, 12:58 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I believe you can call Hyatt and tell them that you work for (pick a name), and you're tired of the corporate travel department goofing up all your reservations, and they never travel anyway so they don't know what it's like to be a road warrior, so you decided to just book your own rooms, so that all the details will be correct.

I believe they'll cut loose with the corporate code in that situation.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
-Valid company ID required at check-in

In checking codes for companies I used to work for (for a property in Africa), I notice that under "Rate Rules", under "Details", some codes include the phrase "-Valid company ID required at check-in" while other codes don't (even when the prices are identical). Does this text show up to the front desk agent when checking in? Do front desk agents ask for ID for the one rate and not the other?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:06 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by anabolism
In checking codes for companies I used to work for (for a property in Africa), I notice that under "Rate Rules", under "Details", some codes include the phrase "-Valid company ID required at check-in" while other codes don't (even when the prices are identical). Does this text show up to the front desk agent when checking in? Do front desk agents ask for ID for the one rate and not the other?
Front desk would know which companies they have deeply negotiated rates with and which to ask and which to not bother asking.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Front desk would know which companies they have deeply negotiated rates with and which to ask and which to not bother asking.
Is it tied to the phrase "-Valid company ID required at check-in" appearing under "Rates" "Description"?
Old Sep 26, 2021, 7:46 am
Original Member

Is it tied to the phrase "-Valid company ID required at check-in" appearing under "Rates" "Description"?
No. That pretty much appears for all corporate rates. Whether they ask or not is unrelated.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 2:00 pm

No. That pretty much appears for all corporate rates. Whether they ask or not is unrelated.
The reason for my question is that it seemed odd to me that roughly half the codes I tried displayed "-Valid company ID required at check-in" and the others didn't. I'm curious why some do and some don't.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:43 pm
Original Member

The reason for my question is that it seemed odd to me that roughly half the codes I tried displayed "-Valid company ID required at check-in" and the others didn't. I'm curious why some do and some don't.
Nothing can be concluded by that. Depends on hotel, company, clerk on duty, is hotel full etc.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 5:57 pm

Nothing can be concluded by that. Depends on hotel, company, clerk on duty, is hotel full etc.
Thanks. So it's in essence just random if the rate details say that or not?
Old Sep 26, 2021, 7:38 pm
Original Member

Thanks. So it's in essence just random if the rate details say that or not?
No idea why some rates indicate Valid ID required but not others. Bottom line is description that Valid ID is required has no bearing on whether a guest will get asked or not.

As indicated previously, if a company negotiated a very discounted rate at a property (for example if a property offers most companies 15% off best available but a particular company has a 40% off best available), then they may/may not ask for stays under this code but not ask for other corporate codes.

Or perhaps the hotel is sold out and short by a couple of rooms and need to turn away confirmed reservations. Guest shows up on this steeply discounted rate. They may ask just to ensure the guest is legitimately eligible.

Or perhaps the company with this discount noticed a lot of room nights at their rate but their travel records indicate they only send a handful of employees during that period, they may informed the hotel of this discrepancy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.